Home Depot price match question

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2018 11:08 pm
[OP]
Oct 23, 2016
74 posts
9 upvotes

Home Depot price match question

I bought a washer dryer set two days ago, they price matched with Costco which was only 4 dollars cheaper but gave me 105$ off. Original price 1048 we paid $943

Now two days later the same washer and dryer are $950 at Lowe’s so price matching at that price would be closer to $850.

Will home depot give you a better price match after the fact ? Since it will save an additional $200 or will they not because we already did get a price match?
7 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4119 upvotes
Ottawa
What did they say when you called?
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Oct 23, 2016
74 posts
9 upvotes
When I called they said no problem, in the store she said she wouldn’t because I already got a price match. But the new price match would save another 185 dollars so i assumes she was being lazy and did not want to deal with it.. because I could just return them and price match right.. called back later another employee did it no problem.
Aug 29, 2011
193 posts
148 upvotes
GTA
Just tried to price match a Lowes in store price with Home Depot. $948 each LG washer and dryer. Home Depot refused. Said they go by Lowes website price only $1048.
The Duke
Jan 22, 2014
759 posts
576 upvotes
Twitchy15 wrote: When I called they said no problem, in the store she said she wouldn’t because I already got a price match. But the new price match would save another 185 dollars so i assumes she was being lazy and did not want to deal with it.. because I could just return them and price match right.. called back later another employee did it no problem.
If the Lowe's website shows the lower price, they will do it.
[OP]
Oct 23, 2016
74 posts
9 upvotes
The employee said she would phone the Lowe’s / ask manager and he said sure.

But she did say normally it’s the advertised price but why it would be different in store and website is silly.
[OP]
Oct 23, 2016
74 posts
9 upvotes
In this case it did not but luckily they did it.