Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Pro Black Friday Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2016 4:10 am
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Pro Black Friday Sale

Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 16th, 2016 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: same
33 replies
Sep 11, 2011
810 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto
Came here to correct your spelling, then realized I'm the idiot.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Wow, the Dewalt deal looks great. So total of 3 batteries and the hammer drill plus impact driver for $199??

I have other models of the Dewalt 20v drills/driver and they are nice little tools. Highly recommend.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
That Dewalt deal definitely piqued my interest. Hrmm. Now to convince the wife that we need it.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
The X4 kit is regular price 199$.

During a year, 2-3 times max it'll come on sale at 179$.

Also, all Ridgid Power Tools and BATTERIES in a kit come with lifetime warranty.
<no self promotion>
Mar 30, 2006
412 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
SquadG wrote: The X4 kit is regular price 199$.

During a year, 2-3 times max it'll come on sale at 179$.

Also, all Ridgid Power Tools and BATTERIES in a kit come with lifetime warranty.

Not any more.
Licensed Electrical Contractor
May 6, 2005
908 posts
46 upvotes
Will that impact driver be suitable for winter tire change season?
Aug 24, 2006
269 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
huskylord wrote: Will that impact driver be suitable for winter tire change season?
Not really.

The driver (DCF885) has a listed maximum torque of 117 FT-LBS.

You will probably never get anywhere near that out of it though. I own this product and was never able to release my lugnuts with it alone. I'd say at most you get 70 FT-LBS out of it. You CAN however start and finish the job "by hand" though, with a breaker bar and a torque wrench, in which case it would be suitable. This is what you should do anyway, so you don't over torque the nuts (increase the risk of snapping the wheel lugs) or under tighten them. Most passenger vehicles are in the 80 to 110 FT-LBS range (not sure about trucks), but after half a year of corrosion, etc. you'll probably need more torque to break that lock. But at that point, you probably don't really need this then. It would only save you 10-15 minutes per year.
On another note, this has a 1/4" hex chuck, so you'll need an upsize adaptor to fit a 19mm socket for the lugnuts. That's never really the best idea, especially with the impact aspect.

Otherwise, good deal, IMO. I got something similar last year for $169 from Amazon, but it didn't have the bonus battery. Also, the hammer drill that I got is just a drill, so this is superior in that regard too.
May 6, 2005
908 posts
46 upvotes
Thanks Deep.
You just helped prevent me from spending more on something I don't really need.
Jan 23, 2008
123 posts
22 upvotes
Burlington
Is that a good deal for a Mitre saw? I'm looking to get a saw for my husband's birthday but I know nothing about brands and tools in general.

There seem to be a lot of good reviews for this particular saw but I'm wondering if I should jump on this or wait for something else to come up.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1493 posts
1623 upvotes
Kingston
imprezzive wrote: Is that a good deal for a Mitre saw? I'm looking to get a saw for my husband's birthday but I know nothing about brands and tools in general.

There seem to be a lot of good reviews for this particular saw but I'm wondering if I should jump on this or wait for something else to come up.
This is a smoking price for one of the best compound miter saws out there. If hubby needs a one, there's nothing better you will get at this price point or even at arguably at twice this price (msrp on this saw is $699).
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
Why must the decent for drills include the impact driver. I'd like a good cordless drill, but have no use for cordless impact driver, so I don't want to be paying for it. I just want a like sale on the drill itself. /end rant.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
TCWeasel wrote: Why must the decent for drills include the impact driver. I'd like a good cordless drill, but have no use for cordless impact driver, so I don't want to be paying for it. I just want a like sale on the drill itself. /end rant.
Just wait it out. Power tools frenzy is on its way.

Actually you said it wrong. You need a cordless impact, the cordless drill will be useless once you get an impact.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Raptor200637 wrote: Just wait it out. Power tools frenzy is on its way.

Actually you said it wrong. You need a cordless impact, the cordless drill will be useless once you get an impact.
Is an impact driver any good for drilling into concrete/brick? Because that's what I need a hammer drill for.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
wearysky wrote: Is an impact driver any good for drilling into concrete/brick? Because that's what I need a hammer drill for.
What you really need is called a SDS Drill (SDS Hammer Drill)
huskylord wrote: Will that impact driver be suitable for winter tire change season?
What you need is an impact driver with an half inch socket. Example:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18v- ... 85199.html
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18v- ... 64069.html

However, if you want to use it to remove your wheel's lug only, I suggest you wait for the Mastercraft 7.5A ½ Imapct Driver to come on sale. Good price is about 60$.
DO NOT PUT BACK YOUR WHEEL NUT WITH AN IMPACT DRIVER - USE A TORQUE WRENCH.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... 3182p.html
<no self promotion>
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
SquadG wrote: What you really need is called a SDS Drill (SDS Hammer Drill)
Yeah, that's a little bit of overkill for my needs :)