Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

*RED HOT* RIDGID 60 Litre (16 Gal.) 6.5 Peak HP Shop Vacuum $119 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 12:36 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] *RED HOT* RIDGID 60 Litre (16 Gal.) 6.5 Peak HP Shop Vacuum $119 (50% off)

RED HOT deal! Half price for one of the most powerful, large capacity shop vacuums on the market.
RIDGID Vac2.JPG

EDIT: Using the $10 off $50 email newsletter sign up promo code you can get this for $109.00+tax.
Last edited by Newpunk on Nov 16th, 2017 11:43 am, edited 9 times in total.
78 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
I have always wondered how these worked in terms of filtering. I see a blue washable filter. I also see a liner bag inside the canister. Would you still use the liner bag for wet pickups? And is that liner bag reusable?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3790 posts
2424 upvotes
West Coast
bowmah wrote: I have always wondered how these worked in terms of filtering. I see a blue washable filter. I also see a liner bag inside the canister. Would you still use the liner bag for wet pickups? And is that liner bag reusable?
Liner bags are meant for dry usage. Often for finer dust/particulate. I know a few people who use them exclusively due to the ease of cleanup (simply toss em) and reasonably low replacement cost.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
Richfields wrote: Liner bags are meant for dry usage. Often for finer dust/particulate. I know a few people who use them exclusively due to the ease of cleanup (simply toss em) and reasonably low replacement cost.
Exactly what Richfields says.

I highly recommend dust bags for fine dust, ash, and powders since it a) makes it easy to contain the fine dust when you want to empty the vacuum and b) you'll get a longer life out of your filter since it's not getting clogged by fine particles.

For saw dust and larger debris, don't bother because the bags will fill up too quickly to be worth while. For liquid, take out all filters or bags (unless you buy that foam one).
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Good Vac, good price.
bowmah wrote: I have always wondered how these worked in terms of filtering. I see a blue washable filter. I also see a liner bag inside the canister. Would you still use the liner bag for wet pickups? And is that liner bag reusable?
You can buy regular filter, higher end filter and HEPA filter (at least back when i was using it extensively). They are reusable but prepare for a dust shower cleaning them. There was no liner bag back then so i can't tell you anything about it.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Dec 28, 2011
514 posts
427 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
BabylonDown wrote: Why get that when you can get something like this for half the price? Not quite as powerful, but its tried and tested.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.60l- ... ||11365101|
Because it's a ton more powerful. This is basically the model you'll see contractors universally use. I got one on last year for a similar price and it's amazing for both dry/water.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
BabylonDown wrote: Why get that when you can get something like this for half the price? Not quite as powerful, but its tried and tested.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.60l- ... ||11365101|
That's a good one too. Depends what you need.

The 16 gallon cart model for $119 has much more more power, larger hose, much better filter included, more attachments included, large rear wheels with the cart handle.
Oct 31, 2013
705 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
Why not buying the shop vac brand ? 10L and is reliable
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6912 posts
7487 upvotes
BC
HernanDavid wrote: Why not buying the shop vac brand ? 10L and is reliable
Three letters - LSA
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1383 posts
1098 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Great vacs, but damn those replacement filters are so expensive.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
Bianco13 wrote: Great vacs, but damn those replacement filters are so expensive.
I've yet to need a new one.

These Ridgid vacs ROCK. Amazing at sucking (giggity) and also picking up water. When I was painting my garage floor, I used my Ridgid vac to suck up water. Dry as a bone after.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3790 posts
2424 upvotes
West Coast
I hardly even use my old one, but this price is too good to pass up for a Ridgid fanboy like myself.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Apr 20, 2016
68 posts
72 upvotes
I have used a pile of vacuumes over the years, shop vac once ruled the market, this ridgid vacuume is the best thing going for an unbelievable price. Everything else is trash. The scroll noise reduction is also excellent. Able to use without hearing protection. Anyone who is considering a vacuume. This is a Best Buy. Only thing better might be a $1200 hilti
Dec 30, 2013
452 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga
TeamRapo wrote: I have used a pile of vacuumes over the years, shop vac once ruled the market, this ridgid vacuume is the best thing going for an unbelievable price. Everything else is trash. The scroll noise reduction is also excellent. Able to use without hearing protection. Anyone who is considering a vacuume. This is a Best Buy. Only thing better might be a $1200 hilti
I wouldn't say everything else is trash, im a flooring contractor and own both this and the 16 gallon shopvac, the shopvac is a little more expensive but just as good as this and I actually perfer the shopvac for the for bigger jobs, rigid deff has the better hose that's it, the floor head on shopvac is better and it takes up less floor space in the van, noise level on shopvac is also very good
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4670 posts
3958 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
I've used a variety of "Shop Vac" type vacuums over the years, and I can tell you that bigger is not necessarily better.
Firstly, a vacuum this size takes up a huge chunk of real estate, in and out of use. (If you have a three car garage, knock yourself out.)
Secondly, a vacuum this size is stupid heavy to move around if it's anywhere near capacity.
Thirdly, on an actual job site where space is restricted, such as a bedroom, having a monster vacuum in the room is a PITA. I'm using this Rigid vacuum Rigid 15L in exactly that setting, and although it's small, it's just one more obstacle to deal with.
Really, it's like the 12" versus 10" mitre saw debate. Bigger is not always better.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1748 posts
726 upvotes
Abbotsford
Trying to figure out if I even need one. Just bought a house (coming from a condo) - my buddy tells me this is a the #1 must have but I'm trying to figure out if I need (I've been a buying spreed -saws, pressure washer, blower, trimmer)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
oakjefferson wrote: Trying to figure out if I even need one. Just bought a house (coming from a condo) - my buddy tells me this is a the #1 must have but I'm trying to figure out if I need (I've been a buying spreed -saws, pressure washer, blower, trimmer)
This is the top of the line for Ridgid, so you may not need this size and power. There is a 10 gallon Ridgid vac with stainless drum that is also a good deal right now for $98 - smaller footprint and shiny steel body (although it dents if you're rough, unlike the resin bodies).

You'll find all sorts of uses for it. Broken glass of water? Plumbing issues? Saw dust? Dirt in the car? The list goes on. Definitely a must have for home owners, but most people can get away with a less powerful and/or much smaller capacity unit.
Apr 20, 2017
273 posts
459 upvotes
I have this vac. It is damn good and powerful.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)