“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

― Stephen McCranie
32 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2003
1160 posts
20 upvotes
North Vancouver
My Rigid vac was a life changer (sad, huh?) This seems like a good deal, but I'd opt for a model with a bit more HP. I've never used te 3.5 HP, but my 5 HP rocks!
Oct 27, 2009
242 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton
I got a big powerful Ridgid shop vac while back. Never use it. Too big to lug around.

If it's for normal household use, small one is better. . I'm thinking of grabbing this one if the filters are interchangeable with the bigger vac, but I'd bet not.
Dec 29, 2017
108 posts
46 upvotes
stimy wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 6:40 pm
I got a big powerful Ridgid shop vac while back. Never use it. Too big to lug around.

If it's for normal household use, small one is better. . I'm thinking of grabbing this one if the filters are interchangeable with the bigger vac, but I'd bet not.
Same here, have the 14G 6HP Ridgid when I was doing renos on my own house. It was great then but now wish I had something smaller/lighter for little jobs.
Dec 12, 2012
254 posts
241 upvotes
Saskatchewan
stimy wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 6:40 pm

Your bet is right. I have the same RIDGID vacuum at home, the filter is only for their compact line of vacuum up to 4.5 gal. The filters are washable if it's only clogged with dirt and dust.

At this rate, I'll have another vacuum on top of the RIDGID 9 gal and Stor-N-Go. Buy now, think later, the RFD modo.
Jun 10, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
My ridgid collection expands again.....
Thanks op!
May 17, 2007
318 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
So it says "New Lower Price", does that mean this will be the new price going forward or they will increase back to 88 later on. Also, is 3.5HP powerful enough?
May 17, 2007
318 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I just did some research and my findings might benefit some of us. This unit moves air at 66 CFM. If you have the 18v cordless unit, it's very similar, a difference of 6 CFM..might not be worthwhile for those with the cordless unit.

Vacuum bag doesn't sit well in the unit. You need to remove the filter and put a sock type filter to give the bag room to expand the bag can be used.
Last edited by orb2k on Jun 12th, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
1721 posts
1638 upvotes
thanks I was wondering if I should get the cordless Ryobi one vs this one. since I just got a new set of tools. I will wait for a sale.
Jan 16, 2017
71 posts
52 upvotes
Will wait until the 15 liter, 5 HP unit goes for sale. Still a good find OP.
May 17, 2007
318 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
With wheels or without? How heavy is the 15L compared to this one. I really wanted to like this one but the 6 more CFM and the bag that doesn't fit is a downer
Jan 4, 2014
64 posts
39 upvotes
Newmarket
I'm in the market for a shop vac for a car interior. Thanks for posting. For me, there are two problems. 3.5 HP isn't much and the hose REALLY short. You will be holding the vac in most times.