Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ridgid 12V 2-speed Drill/Drive and Impact Driver Kit $74 - Barrhaven - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2021 10:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2961 posts
1565 upvotes

[Home Depot] Ridgid 12V 2-speed Drill/Drive and Impact Driver Kit $74 - Barrhaven - YMMV

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Thread Summary
Want more info on what to look for in a drill? RFD Reviews has a list of the best cordless drills for home DIY projects!
27 replies
Nov 27, 2019
271 posts
52 upvotes
SquadG wrote: Repost.

Clearance accross Canada
shows $148 in GTA mostly.. How is this clearance? or how to get $74 price?
Nov 27, 2019
271 posts
52 upvotes
SquadG wrote: Walk in store and buy it.
But it shows $148 price even in stores on stocktrack
Nov 27, 2019
271 posts
52 upvotes
SquadG wrote: Clearance price don't show up on stocktrack. Just go in store, it will scan at $74.
Thank you.. But stores are closed.. Probably i will try after stores open here..

I am noob in this department and wants a drill machine for my basic home use for outdoor walls and indoor use if any.
Would this be enough and great price to try something for noob like me?
and What is impact driver in addition to the drill.. I see there are two machine given here in this combo...

TIA.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2525 posts
2429 upvotes
Montreal
desmat wrote: Thank you.. But stores are closed.. Probably i will try after stores open here..

I am noob in this department and wants a drill machine for my basic home use for outdoor walls and indoor use if any.
Would this be enough and great price to try something for noob like me?
and What is impact driver in addition to the drill.. I see there are two machine given here in this combo...

TIA.
Do a pick up in store. It will checkout for 148 but the confirmation from the store will show as 74.

If you do not need much, this is a good small kit. Ridgid is getting out of the 12v business so you won't be able to add stuff to your lineup. But, it has Lifetime warranty on everything in the kit. For basic stuff I would recommend, you could even build a deck with it. They will replace the batteries in 10 years even if its discontinued.

The inpact is for driving screw and the drill to make holes or be precise.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2525 posts
2429 upvotes
Montreal
seafish wrote: You can buy online even if it shows $148, you will get confirmation email with corrected price to $74. then go and pick it up. Confirmed by multiple people in previous thread.
Maybe a suggestion.. there's a lot of prople always saying oh but its not on clearance blavla.. maybe have the ability (you) to set a clearance price for all stores for say 2 weeks. Just an idea. And you don't need to query HD's API.
Mar 12, 2014
102 posts
93 upvotes
Markham
It is small but only 20% lighter than Ryobi brushed drill. But weight distribution is pretty good, feel good in hand.
Nov 27, 2019
271 posts
52 upvotes
SquadG wrote: Do a pick up in store. It will checkout for 148 but the confirmation from the store will show as 74.

If you do not need much, this is a good small kit. Ridgid is getting out of the 12v business so you won't be able to add stuff to your lineup. But, it has Lifetime warranty on everything in the kit. For basic stuff I would recommend, you could even build a deck with it. They will replace the batteries in 10 years even if its discontinued.

The inpact is for driving screw and the drill to make holes or be precise.
seafish wrote: You can buy online even if it shows $148, you will get confirmation email with corrected price to $74. then go and pick it up. Confirmed by multiple people in previous thread.
Great.. Yeah even i noticed this happening for one of my order in past from homedepot but i didn't know it happens with all products...

Btw Now changing to store having quantity, i am to add to cart even with "standard shipping" in addition to "pickup".
So If do standard shipping then i will be charged $148 and will not adjust to $74. Correct?
I should order pickup only to get $74 automatic adjustment. Correct?
Asking this again because nearest store having stock is 35kms for me.
Thanks again.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2525 posts
2429 upvotes
Montreal
desmat wrote: Great.. Yeah even i noticed this happening for one of my order in past from homedepot but i didn't know it happens with all products...

Btw Now changing to store having quantity, i am to add to cart even with "standard shipping" in addition to "pickup".
So If do standard shipping then i will be charged $148 and will not adjust to $74. Correct?
I should order pickup only to get $74 automatic adjustment. Correct?
Asking this again because nearest store having stock is 35kms for me.
Thanks again.
You have to buy it in store or pick up in store.

An online order won't work
Nov 27, 2019
271 posts
52 upvotes
SquadG wrote: You have to buy it in store or pick up in store.

An online order won't work
Thank you. Ordered with store pickup.
Hope this comes with atleast 1 or few drill bits otherwise need to find another deal for drill bits like this deal :)
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2525 posts
2429 upvotes
Montreal
desmat wrote: Thank you. Ordered with store pickup.
Hope this comes with atleast 1 or few drill bits otherwise need to find another deal for drill bits like this deal :)
1 useless bit yeah... Checkout gescan.com and search milwaukee shockwave for the best prices
May 13, 2017
9 posts
14 upvotes
I can confirm the price is correct at $74. I bought mine last week on HD website and selected store pickup. The online sale went through as $148, but my confirmation email and VISA total was $74 + tax.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13785 posts
3828 upvotes
Scarberia
Curity and leaside still lots of stock
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9677 posts
5061 upvotes
Paris
I had this set and gave it to a friend when I went M12. The drill is ok, but the impact is amazing. On par with my brushed M12 I used to have.
Oct 16, 2011
78 posts
55 upvotes
I have this and it’s just ok as well. The battery base is tiny so unit is prone to tipping over when you set it down. Also, the place where you load the drill bits on the drill, the well isn’t very deep plus there’s a screw inside that juts out making it worse. I end up using the driver more to drill anything. Other than those niggles I think it’s $74 well spent. Oh and it’s slow to charge the batteries. Used to a one hour charger.
Apr 6, 2003
416 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
hhp021 wrote: I have this and it’s just ok as well. The battery base is tiny so unit is prone to tipping over when you set it down. Also, the place where you load the drill bits on the drill, the well isn’t very deep plus there’s a screw inside that juts out making it worse. I end up using the driver more to drill anything. Other than those niggles I think it’s $74 well spent. Oh and it’s slow to charge the batteries. Used to a one hour charger.
I broke one of my drill bits when the drill tipped over on its face. Have to be careful!.