Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] RIDGID 15 Amp Corded 12-inch Dual Bevel Miter Saw $299 + Free Stand

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2021 10:04 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4381 posts
2976 upvotes

[Home Depot] RIDGID 15 Amp Corded 12-inch Dual Bevel Miter Saw $299 + Free Stand

This was a recent RFD deal and is now $50 less. Old thread HERE

This is the non-sliding version. Pretty decent deal, but do note that the free stand is over valued at $248 as it is only $99usd (not on sale) at HD.com. Also HD Canada has the rolling Ridgid stand for $200cad. It should certainly be more expensive than the free stand included in this deal. You could try asking for it instead, but I highly doubt that they would allow it.

The same saw is $329usd with no stand at HD in the USA. LINK,
27 replies
Jr. Member
Oct 16, 2018
171 posts
88 upvotes
How does this compare the to a sliding 10 inch? I love rigid but wanted a sliding one.
Member
Jan 2, 2007
341 posts
124 upvotes
My recommendation go for a sliding 12" or you will regret it later when you will do wider cuts. Its one of those tools you want to buy once and buy it right.

I have the RIDGID Universal Mobile Mitre Saw Stand with Mounting Braces and it's a beast. Very solid and chunky and worth the $200. The free one is much cheaper IMO.
Member
Feb 7, 2007
278 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
Lookingfordeals911 wrote: How does this compare the to a sliding 10 inch? I love rigid but wanted a sliding one.
I'd take a sliding 10 inch over this. They're far more versatile.
Member
Feb 20, 2008
445 posts
562 upvotes
cybr9 wrote: My recommendation go for a sliding 12" or you will regret it later when you will do wider cuts. Its one of those tools you want to buy once and buy it right.

I have the RIDGID Universal Mobile Mitre Saw Stand with Mounting Braces and it's a beast. Very solid and chunky and worth the $200. The free one is much cheaper IMO.
This
Jr. Member
Oct 16, 2018
171 posts
88 upvotes
cybr9 wrote: My recommendation go for a sliding 12" or you will regret it later when you will do wider cuts. Its one of those tools you want to buy once and buy it right.

I have the RIDGID Universal Mobile Mitre Saw Stand with Mounting Braces and it's a beast. Very solid and chunky and worth the $200. The free one is much cheaper IMO.
But I'm using it for moulding and mdf decorator walls nothing hardcore.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 12, 2007
935 posts
586 upvotes
A sliding 12 inch is definitely overkill for most home owners...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4381 posts
2976 upvotes
kingkelly wrote: A sliding 12 inch is definitely overkill for most home owners...
Definitely true for me. Years ago, I bought the 12" sliding Milwaukee. Last year, the 10" sliding Ridgid went on sale with the free rolling stand and realized that the Milwaukee was more saw than I needed. I bought the Ridgid, sold the Milwaukee and regret nothing.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 26, 2003
2150 posts
414 upvotes
Canada
12” models would not be a great choice for any one who needs portability. 10” model would be easier to load into vehicles and move at the job site.
Sr. Member
Nov 19, 2016
556 posts
330 upvotes
First thanks OP for posting a saw deal.. appreciate it.

SizzleChest wrote: Definitely true for me. Years ago, I bought the 12" sliding Milwaukee. Last year, the 10" sliding Ridgid went on sale with the free rolling stand and realized that the Milwaukee was more saw than I needed. I bought the Ridgid, sold the Milwaukee and regret nothing.
Hey sizzle.. in your experience what's historically a decent sale price for a sliding 10 inch plus free stand?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2716 posts
1099 upvotes
Mississauga
Lookingfordeals911 wrote: But I'm using it for moulding and mdf decorator walls nothing hardcore.
You can't beat a 12 for cutting big moulding .. as well as doing crown as you need to cut that standing up to avoid complicated cuts.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2716 posts
1099 upvotes
Mississauga
SizzleChest wrote: Definitely true for me. Years ago, I bought the 12" sliding Milwaukee. Last year, the 10" sliding Ridgid went on sale with the free rolling stand and realized that the Milwaukee was more saw than I needed. I bought the Ridgid, sold the Milwaukee and regret nothing.
I'm actually looking to go the other way.. I have a king Canada 10" dual / sliding got from Costco 10+ years ago.. keep waiting for HD to but the 12 on sale..
Jr. Member
May 16, 2017
111 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary
Been waiting for 12" sliding saw goes on sale for quite some time.
Remembered last year Milwaukee 6955-20 went on sale with free stand, so after return the stand it was a decent deal. Regretted not pulling the trigger.
Ridgid 12" sliding R4222 was $497 and now is $597 with free stand. Not a hot deal IMO.

Anyone aware of any decent deal for 12" sliding?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 19, 2003
712 posts
88 upvotes
Markham
Can anyone post the return value of the saw on the receipt?
Sr. Member
Nov 18, 2008
746 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
ironman21 wrote: Been waiting for 12" sliding saw goes on sale for quite some time.
Remembered last year Milwaukee 6955-20 went on sale with free stand, so after return the stand it was a decent deal. Regretted not pulling the trigger.
Ridgid 12" sliding R4222 was $497 and now is $597 with free stand. Not a hot deal IMO.

Anyone aware of any decent deal for 12" sliding?
I’ve been watching Dewalt DWS780 to go on sale at a lower price. It’s been on sale for $629 few times but I think it will go lower but it’s been months since I’ve been waiting for that. Will see.
Member
Aug 17, 2015
295 posts
391 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
We've had this combo since Christmas and it is awesome. We've used it for all kinds of projects so far - no regrets and I don't think I'd change anything.
Lots of people in past threads ripping on the free stand - I think it works great. Its much more solid than it looks.
Warranty doesn't hurt either.

For $299 I'd re-buy this combo in a heartbeat.
Newbie
Oct 5, 2010
36 posts
34 upvotes
canada
ironman21 wrote: Been waiting for 12" sliding saw goes on sale for quite some time.
Remembered last year Milwaukee 6955-20 went on sale with free stand, so after return the stand it was a decent deal. Regretted not pulling the trigger.
Ridgid 12" sliding R4222 was $497 and now is $597 with free stand. Not a hot deal IMO.

Anyone aware of any decent deal for 12" sliding?

Currently flyer has it $449 plus tax. They will give it to you in store for flyer price. Free stand included.
Jr. Member
Feb 11, 2015
156 posts
171 upvotes
Winnipeg
the only thing stopping me to buying these awesome deals on tools lately is the price of lumber.
i cannot see myself paying triple/quadruple more for a 2x4!

thanks for posting them though OP
Jr. Member
May 16, 2017
111 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary
Didn't notice this. Then I think it's a good deal for 12" sliding. Will probably grab one and return the stand.
Is Dewalt DWS780 better than Ridgid R4222?
wpgthug wrote: Currently flyer has it $449 plus tax. They will give it to you in store for flyer price. Free stand included.

Top