Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] RIDGID 15 L 5 Peak HP Portable Wet/Dry Vacuum with Storage Model # WD4070 $99.00

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2019 11:29 pm
Jan 18, 2010
323 posts
48 upvotes
superjett55 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2019 3:12 pm
Oh, that does look like exactly what I am looking for. Any idea how often it goes on sale?
i bought 2 just before Christmas, for me and a neighbor. after people seen it everyone wanted one, he ordered 6 more in the spring for other people the next time it went on sale. so looks like at least twice a year its on sale.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1010 posts
709 upvotes
Toronto
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Aug 7th, 2019 4:37 pm
One other option to consider:
The 23L 3HP Shop-Vac from Rona ($52 or $42 after coupon)
https://www.rona.ca/en/wet-and-dry-vacu ... ac0a24060e

The upside of the Shop-Vac is that the drywall filters are 1/3 the price of the Ridgid ($21 for a pack of 2: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/shop ... p.html#srp)
That Rona shop vac is just half as powerful as the Ridgid - a 3 peak HP motor, vs 5 peak HP in the Ridgid. Also, the hose is 1.25-inch while the Ridgid is 1.875-inch. Finally, those filters you quoted are dust bags - Ridgid has a pleated filter and/or dust bags for fine dust...
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2009
1054 posts
662 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
To avoid sucked up water from hitting the filter and going into the motor I hot-glued a piece of curved plastic (side of a yogurt container) to the inlet inside the tank of my shop vac. The air/water gets diverted to the side instead of being blasted directly towards the center. It also allows larger dirt to settle to the bottom instead of immediately going into the filter.

I believe some vacs come from the factory with a diverter but the three vacs I have don't have one.
May 17, 2007
358 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
RSole wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 9:07 am
To avoid sucked up water from hitting the filter and going into the motor I hot-glued a piece of curved plastic (side of a yogurt container) to the inlet inside the tank of my shop vac. The air/water gets diverted to the side instead of being blasted directly towards the center. It also allows larger dirt to settle to the bottom instead of immediately going into the filter.

I believe some vacs come from the factory with a diverter but the three vacs I have don't have one.
any pics?
[OP]
Jun 6, 2019
21 posts
18 upvotes
RSole wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 9:07 am

this Ridgid has a diverter