Hot Deals

[Home Depot] RIDGID 15 L Portable Wet Dry Vacuum with Auto Detailing Kit $49.50 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2020 5:50 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4172 posts
21649 upvotes
Montreal
Picked one of these kits for 50$ from St-Bruno in January. Its a nice size vac to clean up inside after renovations
Jul 25, 2017
444 posts
108 upvotes
Anyone know the difference between this Ridgid versus a Dyson vacuum? They are both vacuum and they are portable right?
[OP]
Dec 31, 2005
268 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
leg3nd wrote: They are both vacuum and they are portable right?
I think that's where the similarities start and end. Dysons aren't meant for garage/workshop/construction/etc use.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2859 posts
2447 upvotes
Oakville
leg3nd wrote: Anyone know the difference between this Ridgid versus a Dyson vacuum? They are both vacuum and they are portable right?
NAVNEETS069569 wrote: Is it powerful enough to clean carpet area at home ?
These are not designed for carpet. What you guys are looking for are powered brush roll brushes that lower their height into the carpet pile, and mechanically abbrate the surface to dislodge dust and particles for suction.

There is a major difference in application between a Dyson/Shark vs. a ridgid shopvac. The Shark/Dyson dont have interchangeable filters for various applications the way ridgid does, they also are good for sucking up liquids. It really is like comparing a Farm Tractor to a Ford F450...they both have wheels and can move you from Point A to Point B and carry large loads.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Nov 5, 2006
771 posts
3405 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Is stock store website accurate?
I think so. I went to my local HD today and asked the service desk. They looked up the item and the stock count matched. I had to ask the tools department for help finding it, but it didn't take long and I was able to snag one.

Thanks, OP. Nice deal on this one! Smiling Face With Heart-shaped EyesSmiling Face With Heart-shaped EyesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2635 posts
55 upvotes
Billy Bishop. None
428 Ellesmere Scarborough. None
N. Queen street Etobicoke None

I give up. You guys are just too fast
My Heatware
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2635 posts
55 upvotes
Billy Bishop. None
428 Ellesmere Scarborough. None
N. Queen street Etobicoke None

I give up. You guys are just too fast
My Heatware
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1137 posts
201 upvotes
I wonder if this regional...hard to believe none available in calgary. Unless lurkers picked them all up, I don’t think rfd member from cgy was able to find one.
May 11, 2009
598 posts
191 upvotes
Anyone able to price match anywhere else?