Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

RIDGID 18V 1/2-inch Impact Wrench (with 2Ah battery, charger, bag & socket set), 450 ft./lbs., $149, YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2021 4:50 pm
Nov 5, 2018
360 posts
332 upvotes
AlbertaSparky wrote: Throw one of these in the back seat for road trips/camping trips as well. With a small 12v air compressor from princess auto and a tire patch kit and you can repair a flat on the side of the road in 10 minutes and be back on it in no time. If you're emergency jack allows a socket to raise and lower it as well it's even faster. Cheaper investment than CAA for flat repair.
I don't know about 10 minutes boss... Takes you a couple of minutes alone just getting set up.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
30133 posts
10907 upvotes
chris.thesandman wrote: Anyone find one of these kits? I think their tracking to stocktrack for this item is broken. When you go to their website to check stock it's all 'limited quantities'. I went to the ft. Sask store in Alberta and the lady said they might have one or 2 on a truck that showed up they needed to off-load.

Something is buggy here me thinks.
This is always the case with HD--had the same thing happen many times.

Either they just can't find it 'cause it's up somewhere on the rafters (or whatever you want to call those cages), or it's phantom stock. Sometimes they will show it a certain way as you say, as if it's in-transit or on a truck on the loading dock so you can wait a week or so and check again but IME whatever the item is, never shows up. Stores in certain geo areas seem to be worse for this than others, not sure what causes it but it's common.
Nov 15, 2005
68 posts
5 upvotes
Thx ES_Revenge. I bugged a CSR at the store on the floor and she tracked down a couple boxes up on high racks.

Finally have the 1/2" and found a 3/8" to help with my vehicle teardowns in the future. Managed to get the 3/8" stubby for $99. Thumbs Up Sign
compliments of your friendly neighbourhood sandman.........
Aug 11, 2005
501 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
chris.thesandman wrote: Thx ES_Revenge. I bugged a CSR at the store on the floor and she tracked down a couple boxes up on high racks.
Which store was that at? I’ve been looking for a set in the GTA but no luck.
Oct 6, 2012
291 posts
99 upvotes
alberta
I bought one in Edmonton store, just wondering to see if Auto position would do the right torque, instead of over and under torque. How can this machine know how to torque 80lb or 100lb being in auto mode? Thank you
Jun 3, 2013
628 posts
713 upvotes
Toronto
rupendra76 wrote: I bought one in Edmonton store, just wondering to see if Auto position would do the right torque, instead of over and under torque. How can this machine know how to torque 80lb or 100lb being in auto mode? Thank you
It isn't capable of doing that, and isn't meant for that. Auto mode will spin until it feels resistance. So, if you hand thread the nuts, then use auto to snug them up, thats okay; but then you finish the job with the proper tool.

Get a $20 torque wrench from Princess Auto to set your torque properly.
Jul 4, 2018
594 posts
489 upvotes
I think im gonna get one. Dont think the price will go any lower in the near future
Put some resphek on my name!
Oct 6, 2012
291 posts
99 upvotes
alberta
Seagull21 wrote: It isn't capable of doing that, and isn't meant for that. Auto mode will spin until it feels resistance. So, if you hand thread the nuts, then use auto to snug them up, thats okay; but then you finish the job with the proper tool.

Get a $20 torque wrench from Princess Auto to set your torque properly.
Thank you so much.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21948 posts
533 upvotes
Newmarket
Unresphek wrote: I think im gonna get one. Dont think the price will go any lower in the near future
If you can find one.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1665 posts
642 upvotes
Montreal
Menthol wrote: Sure just keep it in your bag. Just don't pull it out and check bolts and nuts around you.....lol.
Haha yes! I was able to bring it back no issues. Bought from the Calgary country Hills location and sold the sockets for 20$... Extra sweet deal for me as I saved the QST! Ty op.
Oct 15, 2005
225 posts
415 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks, excellent deal
Returned sub-c impact $129 tool only
Oct 6, 2012
291 posts
99 upvotes
alberta
Hello,
I was thinking of returning this, First I thought of using this but 2nd thought If costco would do for $40 why bother . I don't see any other usage of this tool except for wheel change. So If anyone wants it in Edmonton , I can sell for the same price I paid to homedepot($149+GST)