[Home Depot] Ridgid 18V Belt Sander $79.60

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2019 11:00 am
Feb 29, 2016
272 posts
110 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:42 am
Hey do you have to sand a deck every time you need to restrain? I'm about to paint a pressure treated fence, and I'm wondering if I'll need to sand the fence down when I need to restrain 5 years down the road.
I'm in the same boat (about to restain the backyard fence and deck) but I've been using a pressure washer to remove about 15 years of dust and grime. It takes forever but it's done such a good job of restoring the original stain that it's tempting to just stop there. Any pros or cons to doing this via pressure washer instead of a sander? For the deck area, I was planning on power sanding it after I power wash it so as to avoid slivers etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2724 posts
1061 upvotes
I called in to customer service yesterday looking for an order status update and was told I would hear back within 48 hours. Got the order cancellation email this morning :(
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3023 posts
499 upvotes
Water loo
RetiredRFDer wrote:
Jun 27th, 2019 1:26 pm
I'm in the same boat (about to restain the backyard fence and deck) but I've been using a pressure washer to remove about 15 years of dust and grime. It takes forever but it's done such a good job of restoring the original stain that it's tempting to just stop there. Any pros or cons to doing this via pressure washer instead of a sander? For the deck area, I was planning on power sanding it after I power wash it so as to avoid slivers etc.
Prevailing wisdom is sand if you change brands or type of stain. Wash if it's a recoat.
Oct 18, 2007
72 posts
155 upvotes
Deals is still on at Barrie location. Some unit left online
Mar 26, 2019
15 posts
11 upvotes
hakinen wrote: Deals is still on at Barrie location. Some unit left online
How do you find these deals? Do you just search every location for a price error?
Oct 18, 2007
72 posts
155 upvotes
Veganjohn wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 2:13 pm
How do you find these deals? Do you just search every location for a price error?
I needed a belt sander and remember seing a thread here about it a while back. I was a lucky enough to find it at that price still :)
Mar 26, 2019
15 posts
11 upvotes
hakinen wrote: I needed a belt sander and remember seing a thread here about it a while back. I was a lucky enough to find it at that price still :)
Ah ok Ive just been seeing a few posts about ridgid tools at really low prices online but only at 1 location across the board. Must be some price error. Thought you knew how to find them. But ridgid sander is tempting. I just bought the impact wrench for $98.45
[OP]
Jul 22, 2004
965 posts
331 upvotes
Montreal
Veganjohn wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 2:13 pm
Maybe ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1539 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
Late reply but it appears Barrie still shows 79 bucks.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?