[Home Depot] Ridgid 18v Blower (YMMV) UPDATE now $12.96

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2017 4:23 pm
[OP]
Aug 12, 2004
222 posts
27 upvotes

[Home Depot] Ridgid 18v Blower (YMMV) UPDATE now $12.96

Saw this in store, website is showing $99, did not see any stock locally (Thunder Bay) but figured I'd share the price for if anyone else could find it. Reviews seem fairly favourable.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.gen5 ... 01877.html

Update 08/10/17: People now seem to be finding it for $12.96, receipts available in the thread.
Images
  • 20170915_174137.jpg
Last edited by glemlin on Sep 15th, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
47 replies
Jul 26, 2017
205 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Nice find if someone picks one up.
Dec 23, 2011
281 posts
184 upvotes
Anyone can comment how strong it is. Ist it comparable to the detachable ridigd vacuum/blower in terms of power?
Nov 8, 2012
775 posts
227 upvotes
gleech wrote: Anyone can comment how strong it is. Ist it comparable to the detachable ridigd vacuum/blower in terms of power?
Also interested in an answer. I laugh when I think about using my rigid shop vac & blower attachment, dragging it around after cutting the grass or for a fall/spring cleanup. Didnt have the pleasure to cut any grass this season.
Dec 23, 2011
281 posts
184 upvotes
OttRFD wrote: Also interested in an answer. I laugh when I think about using my rigid shop vac & blower attachment, dragging it around after cutting the grass or for a fall/spring cleanup. Didnt have the pleasure to cut any grass this season.
You're not alone brother. lolz...I even use my detachable blower during winter blowing out snow in my deck, and I must say from grass to snow, I'm impressed with it. So hopefully this battery one is as powerful as the shop vac/blower is.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3748 posts
1226 upvotes
OttRFD wrote:
Also interested in an answer. I laugh when I think about using my rigid shop vac & blower attachment, dragging it around after cutting the grass or for a fall/spring cleanup. Didnt have the pleasure to cut any grass this season.
This blower is more powerful, but still a hard surface blower (can't effectively blow leaves into a pile on your lawn). The 12 gallon rigid detachable blower is 145cfm I believe.
Last edited by hvc on Sep 15th, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Aug 12, 2004
222 posts
27 upvotes
gleech wrote: Anyone can comment how strong it is. Ist it comparable to the detachable ridigd vacuum/blower in terms of power?
OttRFD wrote: Also interested in an answer. I laugh when I think about using my rigid shop vac & blower attachment, dragging it around after cutting the grass or for a fall/spring cleanup. Didnt have the pleasure to cut any grass this season.
While I've never used it myself, there are 318 reviews on homedepot's site.. Most seem to imply it isn't as strong as a dedicated gas leaf blower (which is to be expected), but can be stronger than a lot of other electric light duty blowers. How that compares to using a shopvac set to blow, hard to say, I'd assume potentially comparable but more portable (with a limited runtime given batteries).
Dec 23, 2011
281 posts
184 upvotes
hvc wrote: This blower is more powerful, but still a hard surface blower (can't effectively blow leaves into a pile on your lawn).I Thegal rigid detachable blower is 145cfm I believe.
Interesting, I googled my ridgid shop vac with detachable blower and its says 157cfm(link), so the battery one is more powerful since it says 280cfm. Now I'm getting excited, will go back tomorrow to HD to check the price.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5221 posts
3470 upvotes
Description says runtime 20 minutes with a battery... Jot for me,but thanks anyway, nice find for those who have smaller jobs to do
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7110 posts
1174 upvotes
Toronto
DoorCrasher wrote: Description says runtime 20 minutes with a battery... Jot for me,but thanks anyway, nice find for those who have smaller jobs to do
Depends on the battery size of course.

I have a Milwaukee vaccuum that only lasts about 10 minutes with a 1.5ah battery. Still good for small jobs, but bigger batteries would solve the problem.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5864 posts
262 upvotes
Quebec
ryobi, did a batter warranty claim a month ago, was supposed to call me about it two weeks ago, still haven't.
Jun 14, 2017
40 posts
24 upvotes
I called the South Surrey location to check the sku, it was coming up at regular price ($99).
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2930 posts
1419 upvotes
West Coast
This is another of the Ridgid items that was on clearance and now isn't. I went into the Langford store today to see if anything was left, and NOTHING is on clearance now. None of the lights, the blower, or the impact wrench. Really implies someone screwed up to mark things down so dramatically.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Sep 18, 2008
123 posts
69 upvotes
I was able to grab this in-store today (Whitby North) before I seen this post.

If you're used to a gas blower, you'll end up disappointed. This is good for blowing off steps, decks, garage, driveway etc. Basically any hard surface. I like it because it's not heavy or loud.
Images
  • 20170915_155713.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5221 posts
3470 upvotes
Inno wrote: Depends on the battery size of course.

I have a Milwaukee vaccuum that only lasts about 10 minutes with a 1.5ah battery. Still good for small jobs, but bigger batteries would solve the problem.
in the item description this 20 minutes of use is with a 4.0 Ah battery... wich would cost $$$

Overview Model # R8604301B Store SKU # 1001001877
The RIDGID GEN5X 18-Volt Jobsite Blower (Battery and Charger Sold Separately) is a console you can add to your RIDGID 18-Volt family to help create a tool kit customized to you needs. This tool is designed for the most demanding applications and small enough to reach into areas most others can't. The GEN5X 18-Volt Jobsite Blower consisting of a Jobsite Blower and Front Nozzle is full of best-in-class features that are backed by the industry's best warranty, the RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement. Free parts, free service, for life.

Best-In-Class Airflow – Over 280 CFM of air for the most demanding applications
Extended Run-Time – Over 20 minutes with 4.0 Ah Hyper™ Lithium-ion battery (sold separately)
Compact Size – Reach tight spaces without giving up power
CN-China