Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ridgid 18v Blower (YMMV) UPDATE now $12.96

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2017 4:23 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3748 posts
1226 upvotes
gleech wrote: Interesting, I googled my ridgid shop vac with detachable blower and its says 157cfm(link), so the battery one is more powerful since it says 280cfm. Now I'm getting excited, will go back tomorrow to HD to check the price.
Sorry just realized my post was barely english. You're right the 12 gallon is 157 not 145 (I was going off memory) - it's still powerful enough for hard surfaces, so not sure this is worth the extra $60 unless you really want cordless.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7110 posts
1174 upvotes
Toronto
hvc wrote: Sorry just realized my post was barely english. You're right the 12 gallon is 157 not 145 (I was going off memory) - it's still powerful enough for hard surfaces, so not sure this is worth the extra $60 unless you really want cordless.
We use the detachable blower way more than our shop-vac itself. Lots of leaves and tree debris to blow. Very handy.
Member
Jul 20, 2008
207 posts
62 upvotes
Waterloo
South kitchener had one on a random endcap a few weeks back at 59$, and I picked it up on a whim. As mentioned, it's not a leaf blower, but I've reached for it 50 times while cleaning up. Fantastic little tool, very happy with its performance as a sweeper. I don't think I've used it for more than 2 min at a time, battery life has never been an issue, it's not intended as lawn care equipment. That said, I've blown grass clippings off the driveway edge and path a dozen times without issue. I own a gas leaf blower but this is far more convenient.

Now if Ridgid will only make a grass trimmer....
Sr. Member
Aug 22, 2007
709 posts
533 upvotes
Wildout wrote: I was able to grab this in-store today (Whitby North) before I seen this post.

If you're used to a gas blower, you'll end up disappointed. This is good for blowing off steps, decks, garage, driveway etc. Basically any hard surface. I like it because it's not heavy or loud.
any idea how many were left?

TIA
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 25, 2010
884 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
blkrx7 wrote: South kitchener had one on a random endcap a few weeks back at 59$, and I picked it up on a whim. As mentioned, it's not a leaf blower, but I've reached for it 50 times while cleaning up. Fantastic little tool, very happy with its performance as a sweeper. I don't think I've used it for more than 2 min at a time, battery life has never been an issue, it's not intended as lawn care equipment. That said, I've blown grass clippings off the driveway edge and path a dozen times without issue. I own a gas leaf blower but this is far more convenient.

Now if Ridgid will only make a grass trimmer....
I am alittle confused. Why this is not a leaf blower? Is this one not powerful enough for blowing leaves?
Sr. Member
Dec 14, 2007
524 posts
1387 upvotes
Home depot brampton (Trinity Commans) $59
Sr. Member
Aug 22, 2007
709 posts
533 upvotes
h41t3r wrote: any idea how many were left?

TIA
nothing left in north whitby. south whitby not on clearance and rang in at $99
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3748 posts
1226 upvotes
codier wrote:
I am alittle confused. Why this is not a leaf blower? Is this one not powerful enough for blowing leaves?
It's not a leaf blower, it's more of a sweeper. Sure you can blow leaves, but only off your driveway/hard surface. It's not powerful enough to blow leaves on your lawn into a pile.
Jr. Member
Sep 18, 2008
123 posts
69 upvotes
hvc wrote: It's not a leaf blower, it's more of a sweeper. Sure you can blow leaves, but only off your driveway/hard surface. It's not powerful enough to blow leaves on your lawn into a pile.
I agree
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 25, 2010
884 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
hvc wrote: It's not a leaf blower, it's more of a sweeper. Sure you can blow leaves, but only off your driveway/hard surface. It's not powerful enough to blow leaves on your lawn into a pile.
I see. How many CFM usually needed for blowing leaves on the lawn?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 7, 2007
1962 posts
172 upvotes
Bolton
gleech wrote: Anyone can comment how strong it is. Ist it comparable to the detachable ridigd vacuum/blower in terms of power?
I'm thinking of returning mine. Got it for $49 at Bolton HD. Was $59 but scanned at full price so got additional $10 off. Not strong at all and deciding factor was that it could not blow efficiently dust off my saw.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3748 posts
1226 upvotes
codier wrote: I see. How many CFM usually needed for blowing leaves on the lawn?
Really depends, but I think I read somewhere 300-400. The Rigid one posted is about 280, so it could work, but it's even advertised as a job site blower/sweeper (typically ~200cfm).

You can always return if it does't work for you.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 25, 2010
884 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
hvc wrote: Really depends, but I think I read somewhere 300-400. The Rigid one posted is about 280, so it could work, but it's even advertised as a job site blower/sweeper (typically ~200cfm).

You can always return if it does't work for you.
I see.

Thanks for the info.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3748 posts
1226 upvotes
ancnfamily wrote: I'm thinking of returning mine. Got it for $49 at Bolton HD. Was $59 but scanned at full price so got additional $10 off. Not strong at all and deciding factor was that it could not blow efficiently dust off my saw.
Really? I find that hard to believe.. 280cfm should be more than powerful enough for sawdust (assuming it's not wet/stuck, but even then). Was your battery fully charged? 140cfm can blow sawdust off my deck (turns into a sawdust blizzard outside, though).

Top