Home Depot

RIDGID 18V Brushless Cordless 7-1/4-inch Mitre Saw (Tool-Only) $246

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2023 2:52 am
[OP]
May 8, 2016
788 posts
1846 upvotes

[Home Depot] RIDGID 18V Brushless Cordless 7-1/4-inch Mitre Saw (Tool-Only) $246

$246 if you change your store to Bradford. $328 everywhere else. Free shipping. 188 online stock.

Overview
Model # R48607B Store SKU # 1001561512
RIDGID introduces the Brushless Cordless 7-1/4-inch Sliding Miter Saw (Tool-Only). It features an industry-leading miter range and a bevel design with crown moulding stops enables you to move the saw head instead of the material for added convenience. It boasts a work light to improve the accuracy of the cut for precision.
Adjustable miter and bevel detents with bypass allow for quick adjustments to the most common angles
LED cut line indication and work light illuminate work to improve visibility and accuracy of cut
Bruhsless motor powers through even the most difficult materials
Lifetime Service Agreement: Free parts and service for life with registration
Includes: (1) R48607B Ridgid 7-1/4-inch Cordless Brushless Mitre Saw, Blade, Accessories, and Operator's manual.
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6438 posts
232 upvotes
Thanks. Seems like a pretty good deal. THey had them with the "get a free battery" months ago but the battery trick seems to have reached its limit where I live. I picked one up to go with the big 12" sliding saw that is a pig to lug around.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1978 posts
1270 upvotes
What is the "max" in terms of lumber size for this unit (without having to flip). 2x4, 2x6, 2x8?

Just curious as to the use case for a casual homeowner user.
May 2, 2008
179 posts
81 upvotes
7 1/4 in my view is always nice to have. Most combo kits only come with a 6 1/2. 7 1/4 blades typically have more options, more availability and usually cheaper than 6 1/2 blades.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5992 posts
5855 upvotes
BC
psone wrote: How does this cordless sliding miter saw compare to the Craftsman cordless slider?

https://www.lowes.ca/product/mitre-saws ... aw-1046148

Craftsman slider came with a 4 Ah battery and was 250$ over boxing week. I posted it here but it got buried - don't think anyone saw the thread.
Just making an assumption here, but value-wise the Craftsman is likely the better deal for someone who isn't already into the Ridgid or Craftsman ecosystem, but likely many more people are already on Ridgid than Craftsman and for them, the LSA would be more attractive than the battery and charger since they already have those.
Jun 1, 2017
860 posts
763 upvotes
Mississauga
psone wrote: How does this cordless sliding miter saw compare to the Craftsman cordless slider?

https://www.lowes.ca/product/mitre-saws ... aw-1046148

Craftsman slider came with a 4 Ah battery and was 250$ over boxing week. I posted it here but it got buried - don't think anyone saw the thread.
I was considering the Craftsman saw when it was $250 last week as I had found the 9ah battery for under $50 at Rona Mississauga with the intent of getting this saw ( i had no other Craftsman tools at the time). Luckily enough the Lowes I was in had a returned one for $109 (no returns/refunds). I took the change and so far am very happy with it. It's only 21lbs so the lightest in its class. The only downfall is the brushed motor when the others like Kobalt & the Ridgid are brushless versions.

Rona/Lowes seem to have great deals on the Craftsman line, similar to HD and Ryobi items. I was able to snag a brushless circ saw, CMCS551BLW for $43 yesterday.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
3021 posts
1738 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks OP I wish it was 10’’ but being battery operated is good
Dec 24, 2009
86 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Any other stores? Bradford oos

Edit: nevermind. Just change your local store and ship there!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2486 posts
2500 upvotes
Ottawa
1mangoo wrote: Any other stores? Bradford oos

Edit: nevermind. Just change your local store and ship there!
Or just ship to home for free
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6438 posts
232 upvotes
paaji wrote: Thanks OP I wish it was 10’’ but being battery operated is good
I think of these as "complementary tools". 7" battery for the quick stuff here and there when you don't want to lug the big 10" or 12" sliding one.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1903 posts
1460 upvotes
Great deal. I am still waiting for a deal like this for an Ryobi HP miter saw. they had really nice one in US in December but nothing in Canada yet.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6438 posts
232 upvotes
elfion wrote: Great deal. I am still waiting for a deal like this for an Ryobi HP miter saw. they had really nice one in US in December but nothing in Canada yet.
This one seems decent for the same price? https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... ue#reviews I'm actually considering opting for that one instead...
Last edited by mart242 on Jan 2nd, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 8, 2010
490 posts
538 upvotes
Bradford showing out of stock now.
Guessing deal is dead now then?
[OP]
May 8, 2016
788 posts
1846 upvotes
-KILO- wrote: Bradford showing out of stock now.
Guessing deal is dead now then?
Try to add to cart and see if free shipping is available. If so, you are good to go.

I just checked and it works for me.
Aug 8, 2010
490 posts
538 upvotes
springrain wrote: Try to add to cart and see if free shipping is available. If so, you are good to go.

I just checked and it works for me.
Great thank you!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)