Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Ridgid 18V Brushless Sub-Compact Drill/Driver and Impact Driver + 3/8 in impact Wrench - $250

[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2569 posts
3457 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Ridgid 18V Brushless Sub-Compact Drill/Driver and Impact Driver + 3/8 in impact Wrench - $250

In my search to replace my 18v Dewalts, came across this... seems like a decent price, not your top of the line octane or fuel tools, but i just can't justify their prices for what I use them for now...

2 x 2AH battery,
impact driver,
drill
impact wrench
12 replies
May 27, 2011
523 posts
378 upvotes
NORTH YORK
sonyminidiscman wrote: In my search to replace my 18v Dewalts, came across this... seems like a decent price, not your top of the line octane or fuel tools, but i just can't justify their prices for what I use them for now...

2 x 2AH battery,
impact driver,
drill
impact wrench
I don't see impact wrench in the ad
May 27, 2011
523 posts
378 upvotes
NORTH YORK
reyoasian wrote: There's a choice of either 3 free tools and one of them is the impact wrench...

Still don't see it, where does it say impact wrench in the ad?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1462 posts
1219 upvotes
Durham Region
katonfire wrote:
I don't see impact wrench in the ad
katonfire wrote: Still don't see it, where does it say impact wrench in the ad?
Trollllll? It’s right on the HD website in link provided
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2394 posts
1429 upvotes
Toronto
networksend wrote: Trollllll? It’s right on the HD website in link provided
lollll he is blind obviously

some ppl just too get use to mouth feed by others hahaa
Oct 26, 2012
132 posts
103 upvotes
Whitehorse
I bought this set a month ago for $248, and got the multi cutter with it.

I came from a brushed Dewalt drill/driver, in which the 18v batteries crapped out on me (but after some polite whining to Dewalt Canada, they shipped me a new one!)

Pretty decent. The impact driver drove deck screws like a champ. The drill spins a bit slower than my brushed Dewalt, but for LSA, I don't care that much!

With the free tool, pretty good bang for buck.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2569 posts
3457 upvotes
Toronto
Braddock54 wrote: I bought this set a month ago for $248, and got the multi cutter with it.

I came from a brushed Dewalt drill/driver, in which the 18v batteries crapped out on me (but after some polite whining to Dewalt Canada, they shipped me a new one!)

Pretty decent. The impact driver drove deck screws like a champ. The drill spins a bit slower than my brushed Dewalt, but for LSA, I don't care that much!

With the free tool, pretty good bang for buck.
How did you get them to send you a new one?? both of mine died within 2 weeks of each other... i swear they program them to die lol...
Oct 26, 2012
132 posts
103 upvotes
Whitehorse
sonyminidiscman wrote: How did you get them to send you a new one?? both of mine died within 2 weeks of each other... i swear they program them to die lol...
Just some polite whining on Twitter and Instagram. The phrase "guaranteed tough" was dropped in once or twice. I have found this strategy works!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33175 posts
14972 upvotes
Thread should definitely be merged with the other one. One note--it looks like they added something new here, the 2.0Ah battery selection? Either that or I just never noticed it before lol. However I think that's the worst choice as it's not worth as much as the other things and you already get two 2.0Ah batteries in the kit. No point in getting a third IMO, better to get a 4.0Ah+ battery separately or through a later Ridgid deal. Plus another tidbit is the 2.0Ah offered is the traditional one not the "modified for subcompact" one. I mean functionally it's no different it's mainly just cosmetics.

If you just want the impact wrench, the return trick nets it for around $100; conversely if you just want the drill & driver kit, the return trick will net it for $150. Whichever way you slice it I think it's a solid deal, though the 1/4" impact driver is not all that impressive from everything I've read/seen.

Deal began as $280 and stepped down to $250...it has been going so long now that I'm almost tempted to buy another set and do return trick to get the material saw, lol; but, not sure I have too much use for that.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
19955 posts
5727 upvotes
Scarberia
ES_Revenge wrote: Thread should definitely be merged with the other one. One note--it looks like they added something new here, the 2.0Ah battery selection? Either that or I just never noticed it before lol. However I think that's the worst choice as it's not worth as much as the other things and you already get two 2.0Ah batteries in the kit. No point in getting a third IMO, better to get a 4.0Ah+ battery separately or through a later Ridgid deal. Plus another tidbit is the 2.0Ah offered is the traditional one not the "modified for subcompact" one. I mean functionally it's no different it's mainly just cosmetics.

If you just want the impact wrench, the return trick nets it for around $100; conversely if you just want the drill & driver kit, the return trick will net it for $150. Whichever way you slice it I think it's a solid deal, though the 1/4" impact driver is not all that impressive from everything I've read/seen.

Deal began as $280 and stepped down to $250...it has been going so long now that I'm almost tempted to buy another set and do return trick to get the material saw, lol; but, not sure I have too much use for that.
too bad its not 150$ for the impact wrench and impact driver! i don't want the drill lol! plus rigid doesn't have a portable small tire inflator like ryobi!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>