Hot Deals

Home Depot

RIDGID 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit (5-Tool) w/ (2) 4.0 Ah Batteries, 18V Charger & Contractor's Bag $179

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2021 9:08 am
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4450 posts
3141 upvotes
raceral wrote: Deal isnt online, pricing seems to be set by individual stores.
I should have been more clear. The HD website doesn't show clearance pricing at the specific store that is currently selected. It will say that there are limited quantities and show the full retail price. And yes, clearance pricing does vary store by store it seems.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2488 posts
1016 upvotes
Burnaby
Note with any multi tool kits like this, warranty claims must include taking complete kit to repIr facility. Yes everything. Its ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1146 posts
292 upvotes
Markham
Is this in the terms & conditions of the LSA? It makes no sense. So I won't have LSA anymore if I misplaced a tool?
Psykopathik wrote: Note with any multi tool kits like this, warranty claims must include taking complete kit to repIr facility. Yes everything. Its ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5252 posts
5390 upvotes
Vancouver
Psykopathik wrote: Note with any multi tool kits like this, warranty claims must include taking complete kit to repIr facility. Yes everything. Its ridiculous.
That's YMMV, depends on the particular local service outfit. Lots of stories both ways online.

The idea is that Ridgid doesn't want you reselling parts of the set to other people, and then having multiple people trying to obtain LSA service and replacements.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4473 posts
725 upvotes
Georgetown
I bought a Ridgid drill/driver over 10 years ago... one of the 2 batteries in the kit was failing after a handful of years (and a decent amount of use - deck/fence build, etc). I contacted a warranty location to get the battery replaced and when they pulled my info up they basically prompted me to swap BOTH batteries as it showed that the kit I had bought came with 2 batteries. They basically said if one had failed the other must be close so just swap them both out - I didn't argue. Perhaps that isn't standard practice and maybe it was just that location or employee, but I was left with a great battery replacement experience. I have not had to use the warranty since (I have a Ridgid table saw, impact driver, hammer drill, reciprocating saw, and the drill/driver).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7303 posts
1295 upvotes
Toronto
Tiberius wrote: I bought a Ridgid drill/driver over 10 years ago... one of the 2 batteries in the kit was failing after a handful of years (and a decent amount of use - deck/fence build, etc). I contacted a warranty location to get the battery replaced and when they pulled my info up they basically prompted me to swap BOTH batteries as it showed that the kit I had bought came with 2 batteries. They basically said if one had failed the other must be close so just swap them both out - I didn't argue. Perhaps that isn't standard practice and maybe it was just that location or employee, but I was left with a great battery replacement experience. I have not had to use the warranty since (I have a Ridgid table saw, impact driver, hammer drill, reciprocating saw, and the drill/driver).
Same thing for me. They replaced my 2 old 2.5ah NiCad batteries from 2009 with 2 new ones.

Wonder if they get paid more by Ridgid for 2 replacements instead of one?

Hoping to get LiIon batteries next time. :-)
Apr 2, 2015
141 posts
109 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
raceral wrote: Five tool 18V Combo kit with 7 1/4 inch circular saw, sawzall, hammer drill, impact driver, led light two 4 amp batteries, charger, large contracters bag.
Regular $399 in store price $179
Lifetime warranty, limited stock found in Chilliwack store.
Could you post your receipt? thanks
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
35823 posts
4541 upvotes
Winnipeg
kejongliu wrote: Not brushless technology on this set
for us normies what is this about? is this important?
WTB amazon gc @90%
Apr 2, 2015
141 posts
109 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
divx wrote: for us normies what is this about? is this important?
Batteries last longer and motor is stronger, because it's more efficient - but, if you're just doing small things around the house that shouldn't be an issue. Also the batteries charge very fast.
It's also more reliable as there are no brushes to be replaced and other things that make brushless motors last longer - but these tools have lifetime warranty so it also shouldn't be an issue.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
35823 posts
4541 upvotes
Winnipeg
sounddeal wrote: Batteries last longer and motor is stronger, because it's more efficient - but, if you're just doing small things around the house that shouldn't be an issue. Also the batteries charge very fast.
It's also more reliable as there are no brushes to be replaced and other things that make brushless motors last longer - but these tools have lifetime warranty so it also shouldn't be an issue.
I never had the need to replace brush before.
WTB amazon gc @90%
Apr 2, 2015
141 posts
109 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
divx wrote: I never had the need to replace brush before.
If you ran R/C motors in the past you'd have to have that done countless times. I also had to change them a couple of times on an old Dremel multitool
Oct 19, 2013
79 posts
66 upvotes
Montréal, QC
That’s not what happened to me, just took in the defective tool from the set (same set posted)
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2488 posts
1016 upvotes
Burnaby
theastroboy wrote: Is this in the terms & conditions of the LSA? It makes no sense. So I won't have LSA anymore if I misplaced a tool?
Unsure. Thats what happened to me. Drove way out to a repair center only to have to go home again. Ymmv.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7303 posts
1295 upvotes
Toronto
Psykopathik wrote: Unsure. Thats what happened to me. Drove way out to a repair center only to have to go home again. Ymmv.
Which repair center did this? I will need to avoid them.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2488 posts
1016 upvotes
Burnaby
Inno wrote: Which repair center did this? I will need to avoid them.
In maple ridge. Cant remember the name.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3015 posts
2890 upvotes
Montreal, QC
theastroboy wrote: Is this in the terms & conditions of the LSA? It makes no sense. So I won't have LSA anymore if I misplaced a tool?
It is very dependant on the service center. The first place I used to go to, did not care for the whole kit. I brought them a battery, they quickly tested it, confirmed it needed to be replaced and since they were out of stock, they called me the next week to go in a pick up my replacement. No hassles.

Next shop I went to later for another battery (since the first one decided they no longer wanted to deal with Ridgid), wanted one of the tools, the battery and the charger. And worst part, is they even insisted on a $50 deposit to cover the diagnostics fee. If it was covered under warranty, the fee would be refunded. If Ridgid would refuse to replace under warranty (due to abuse or other reason), then the fee is not refundable, since it is used to cover the shop labour. I got my Fee back and a replacement battery with the rest of the stuff.

3rd shop I went again for another battery (since I didn't like the last shop, and figured I'd try another one), they insisted on charger and battery (didn't care for tool). Guy was grumpy, took the stuff, gave me a receipt and said he'd call me. A week later he called me that he had my replacement battery. A day after that he called me again and threatened that if I don't pick up my replacement battery within 5 days, they would charge me some sort of storage fee :) Wow...

The easiest battery replacement I got was from Ryobi (under warranty). Had one battery which refused to take a charge. I called them and they asked me to go in front of my charger, and plug the battery in. Then they asked what light are on and if they were solid or flashing. Repeat twice, same outcome. "No problem sir, sorry for the inconvenience, we will send you a replacement battery. Please dispose of this battery in a proper manner, or just drop it off at you closest Home Depot for recycling". 2 days later, had a new battery delivered. Figured I had nothing to lose with the old battery, saw video on youtube on reviving ryobi batteries, popped the battery open, tried it and the battery come to life. Hey spare battery is nice :) Guess one of the cells was just too discharged from sitting around too long. Going on about 3 years and have not had an issue with it since.

Would be nice if Ridgid did that for batteries also. Or at least for batteries, have the option to just go swap them at Home Depot.

BTW: IF you ever replace a battery or tool through LSA, MAKE SURE to register the replacement within 30 days of being replaced, to ensure the replacement is now covered.
Jul 15, 2018
90 posts
35 upvotes
Saskatchewan
If i call tomorrow will they be able to tell me if the item is clearance priced or not? 13 in Regina makes me think its at the $298 price point, but worth a shot i guess.
Nov 19, 2016
581 posts
365 upvotes
No apparent stock in Mississauga.. dang. Really wanted one of these kits for some upcoming Reno's
Jan 17, 2010
21 posts
21 upvotes
Regina
raceral wrote: Five tool 18V Combo kit with 7 1/4 inch circular saw, sawzall, hammer drill, impact driver, led light two 4 amp batteries, charger, large contracters bag.
Regular $399 in store price $179
Lifetime warranty, limited stock found in Chilliwack store.
Would it be possible to post the receipt for the in store price $179? Many thanks.