Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 8, 2013
215 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Ridgid 22L Shop Vac (Warm)

If you're in the market for a small shop vac to do cars / fit in a car easily for mobile cleaning this is a decent deal. I've used many ridgid brand and shop vac brand, and the ridgid always outperforms (and outlasts).
Images
  • upload.jpg
16 replies
Feb 23, 2010
150 posts
104 upvotes
How does this compare to the $99 Dewalt shopvac from Costco?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9994 posts
2640 upvotes
Montreal, QC
paradoll wrote: How does this compare to the $99 Dewalt shopvac from Costco?
Plastic won't dent or rust compared to "stainless" steel lol
Oct 14, 2007
382 posts
361 upvotes
Thedford
paradoll wrote: How does this compare to the $99 Dewalt shopvac from Costco?
Ridgid vacuums come with a 'lifetime warranty'.

Ridgid cheerfully replaced my 16 year old vacuum (that I felt did not really owe me anything) with a minimum of hassle; I had to send them a few photos of it as well as serial number. Eight days after I contacted them by email, a new vacuum was delivered. I think that is outstanding warranty support.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1102 posts
1084 upvotes
darcyh wrote: Ridgid vacuums come with a 'lifetime warranty'.

Ridgid cheerfully replaced my 16 year old vacuum (that I felt did not really owe me anything) with a minimum of hassle; I had to send them a few photos of it as well as serial number. Eight days after I contacted them by email, a new vacuum was delivered. I think that is outstanding warranty support.
Yes, this is a good reason to go with Ridgid.
Aug 28, 2005
363 posts
85 upvotes
If my intended use would be to attach it to hand power tools for dust collection (e.g. circular saw, random orbital sander, etc.), any opinion on if there are reasons to go for the 6 peak HP one over the 3.5 peak HP one? (Would the smaller one be sufficient for this type of use?)
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1914 posts
787 upvotes
Ridgid make the best shop vacs.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9994 posts
2640 upvotes
Montreal, QC
rcxAsh wrote: If my intended use would be to attach it to hand power tools for dust collection (e.g. circular saw, random orbital sander, etc.), any opinion on if there are reasons to go for the 6 peak HP one over the 3.5 peak HP one? (Would the smaller one be sufficient for this type of use?)
I think the peak HP is BS, look at the actual motor amperage
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1387 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mikeyb27 wrote: If you're in the market for a small shop vac to do cars / fit in a car easily for mobile cleaning this is a decent deal. I've used many ridgid brand and shop vac brand, and the ridgid always outperforms (and outlasts).
Sadly, this link is no longer available. Crying Face
One of the happiest moments in life . . .
"is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change"
Oct 27, 2009
593 posts
417 upvotes
Hamilton
darcyh wrote: Ridgid vacuums come with a 'lifetime warranty'.

What did you tell was wrong with it?
Oct 14, 2007
382 posts
361 upvotes
Thedford
stimy wrote: What did you tell was wrong with it?
The impeller or fan separated from the motor shaft. The motor came on but no airflow was created. Ridgid asked for photos: 1) the back tag with the model and serial number on it, 2) the cord with power plug in tact, 3) turn power unit upside down and a pic of the frame the holds the filter. Three days after emailing the pic a new unit was delivered.
Feb 7, 2010
242 posts
48 upvotes
Kingston
Which model would be better for this dust collector project? 22L or 53L that someone posted as well in this thread.

Dec 24, 2011
374 posts
157 upvotes
New Westminster
Ridgid and VacMaster (Duravac)

I used "Shop Vac" ones and they are absolute trash despite whatever specs they put on the label. They are not good

Ridgid always has modest labels but the power will be like 2x the power of the equivalent from other brands
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5459 posts
4329 upvotes
Edmonton
i bought the 53l and it is amazing. the power is incredible
Sep 16, 2011
653 posts
1048 upvotes
LONDON
Is the 53L an overkill for car cleaning? The hose should be long enough to go inside. I know the 22L seems like a good choice but the reviews indicate it is not that strong