[Home Depot] Ridgid 3-Pack 4.0Ah batteries $98

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 12:48 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32758 posts
18538 upvotes
Ottawa
gumby wrote: I want to jump on this bandwagon because the batteries are cheap and the tool kits have LSA ... but ... I don't have any Ridgid cordless tools (only a shop vac, table saw and air stapler) Face With Tears Of Joy. Almost bought a Ridgid impact wrench kit not too long ago. I envy you guys on the Ridgid ecosystem.
It's somewhat annoying to have several different brands, but having a different tool with their own battery and charger is manageable.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1957 posts
1395 upvotes
Montreal
vkizzle wrote: It's somewhat annoying to have several different brands, but having a different tool with their own battery and charger is manageable.
Do like me maybe... I have Ridgid's batteries under LSA (so lifetime warranty) and I use adapters. That way, 1 set of batteries, 1 set of charges, all LSA.
FS Ridgid 3D Tool or Battery Bracket
ridgid-battery-tool-3d-bracket-holder-2385643/
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9790 posts
4930 upvotes
Markham
I see brand new Rigid tools on Kijiji quite frequently...I'm guessing because ppl buy tool with battery just to get a battery with LSA.

Really have to wonder why Rigid will not sell a battery with LSA...is it so unusual that some ppl want an extra battery? Perhaps it's because those ppl who need extra battery are trade ppl?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Nov 30, 2010
139 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
squeeks786 wrote: Leaside in Toronto had 8 left (i took 1) as of 9:30 am this morning. Right by the front of the tools section.

Also as mentioned before stocktrack isnt always accurate - inventory didnt change after me and person before me in-line bought some this morning.

Off topic but they also had some crazy low prices on full size front load and top load whirlpool dryers on clearance for 399 down from 999. They are where the clearance appliance are stored on the way out after cashing out.
I bought one package. Looked to be about 4 left. All the packages were covered in dust. Looks like they were sitting in the warehouse for awhile collecting dust.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32758 posts
18538 upvotes
Ottawa
SquadG wrote: Do like me maybe... I have Ridgid's batteries under LSA (so lifetime warranty) and I use adapters. That way, 1 set of batteries, 1 set of charges, all LSA.
I'm actually trying to find a battery adaptor to convert Bosch to Ridgid.
Dec 5, 2010
101 posts
39 upvotes
Kitchener
Though Stocktrack continues to show 3 I got the last one on the shelf from the HD in Waterloo earlier today.
Nov 17, 2014
581 posts
604 upvotes
QC
HamsiBrain wrote: Tool manufacturers are kidding with us.
Cordless Tool Batteries should be standardized the same way they did for "AA", "AAA", "C", "D" and 9 volt,etc; same voltage and amperage with interchangeability.
Most battery cells follow similar manufacturing principles, similar shapes and most power tool brands are manufactured by same parent companies.
It's is waste of batteries, chargers and tools, and waste of our hard earned funds.
Let's do something to stop this circus.
Any volunteer to lead the cause?
True. But try telling them that. Try telling apple too btw.
Thats how they make their cash. Do I approve? Nope I try to boycott companies that hinder consumer liberties! Still, you are right, it's a waste of resources and legislation needs to be passed (like Europe did with usb C connector)
Jul 5, 2008
366 posts
106 upvotes
My son picked me up a pack at Brampton East. They were hidden on a high shelf in a box and he had to convince the guy to get them down. He was offered a 2pack for 150$ instead. LOL
Mar 4, 2009
135 posts
36 upvotes
5 packs on the shelf at Curity
--
haven't thought of a good sig yet
Jul 5, 2008
366 posts
106 upvotes
Stocktrack showed 4 @ Brampton East this morning. My son bought one and it still shows 4 :)
Mar 17, 2008
343 posts
113 upvotes
HamsiBrain wrote: Tool manufacturers are kidding with us.
Cordless Tool Batteries should be standardized the same way they did for "AA", "AAA", "C", "D" and 9 volt,etc; same voltage and amperage with interchangeability.
Most battery cells follow similar manufacturing principles, similar shapes and most power tool brands are manufactured by same parent companies.
It's is waste of batteries, chargers and tools, and waste of our hard earned funds.
Let's do something to stop this circus.
Any volunteer to lead the cause?
We keep buying so they keep making.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3547 posts
1356 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
SquadG wrote: 3 left at Beaubien Ouest as of 4PM
Where were/are they located in the store? I was there in the morning. Although the batteries showed up in their system, they had no clue where they actually were!?
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1423 posts
392 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
This is a great price.

Does anyone have a deal for a similar set with a hammer drill?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

DanielB97750