Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ridgid 3-Pack 4.0Ah batteries $98

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 12:48 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
2178 posts
2040 upvotes
By the Large Bay
Stocktrack showed 4 @ Brampton East this morning. My son bought one and it still shows 4 :)
Mar 17, 2008
404 posts
167 upvotes
HamsiBrain wrote: Tool manufacturers are kidding with us.
Cordless Tool Batteries should be standardized the same way they did for "AA", "AAA", "C", "D" and 9 volt,etc; same voltage and amperage with interchangeability.
Most battery cells follow similar manufacturing principles, similar shapes and most power tool brands are manufactured by same parent companies.
It's is waste of batteries, chargers and tools, and waste of our hard earned funds.
Let's do something to stop this circus.
Any volunteer to lead the cause?
We keep buying so they keep making.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
3 left at Beaubien Ouest as of 4PM
<no self promotion>
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4251 posts
2615 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
SquadG wrote: 3 left at Beaubien Ouest as of 4PM
Where were/are they located in the store? I was there in the morning. Although the batteries showed up in their system, they had no clue where they actually were!?
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1708 posts
697 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
This is a great price.

Does anyone have a deal for a similar set with a hammer drill?
May 3, 2016
837 posts
667 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Yeah, I don't understand that reasoning.
My theory is - in any set a new charger is included - reducing the chances of a faulty charger causing premature battery failure and higher costs for them in replacement.

In the LSA they do state that they can ask you to present the charger as well - even if they don't regularly.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2010
1017 posts
786 upvotes
Canada
targa88 wrote: In basic terms the 4.0aH will last longer holding a charge while in use
4 AH battery has twice the cells of 2AH battery put in parallel. It may deliver twice the current when needed and enables a tool to deliver more power.
Jan 13, 2009
415 posts
319 upvotes
I'm assuming that it's 18650 batteries inside? Maybe I can hack and combine 3 of these in to one for my Dewalt set. Can't seem to get enough juice on the weed wacker.
May 5, 2020
6 posts
There was one left at the Woodbridge location (400&7) when I was there about an hour ago.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
Plenty of stock at Ellesmere location it seems via stocktrack.ca

Only a 15min drive for me... might have to go check it out.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
Sypher006 wrote: I'm assuming that it's 18650 batteries inside? Maybe I can hack and combine 3 of these in to one for my Dewalt set. Can't seem to get enough juice on the weed wacker.
Yes they are
<no self promotion>
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1750 upvotes
rural ontario
Amowagou wrote: 4 AH battery has twice the cells of 2AH battery put in parallel. It may deliver twice the current when needed and enables a tool to deliver more power.
I have some 2AH packs that came with my tools, I did some drilling and they became too hot to touch by the time they drained themselves. I used my spare 4AH pack and when it drained it was cool the the touch.
I was passing through Waterloo and hunted and grabbed the last package on the wall. This is a great price for THREE batter packs.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
rilles wrote: I have some 2AH packs that came with my tools, I did some drilling and they became too hot to touch by the time they drained themselves. I used my spare 4AH pack and when it drained it was cool the the touch.
I was passing through Waterloo and hunted and grabbed the last package on the wall. This is a great price for THREE batter packs.
Not 100% sure but I think they say it's not good to run battery down to 0% before charging.

Am I correct on this with NiMH's?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Home Depot employees are lame BTW. I went to one in Brampton as they show 4 in stock. I went during my lunch break but it was a mad house and even though there were a ton of employees on the ground walking in very fast pace from end to end all the time, it was like they were just doing their own thing and not really anyone to help customers. I got one of them to stop and use their fancy "comms" system to "get someone in hardware" (isn't all of HD a stinkin' hardware store? lol) to help me but no one was around. Eventually I found the same lady and she said the "hardware guy" would be coming but it would be at least 15 mins. I figured this was code for this guy was on his lunch break too. So I left and returned after work (it's just down the street from work).

There were way less people at the store when I came back at like 4pm at least, maybe all these people that are allegedly "working from home" are at HD etc. during the day? lol But seriously it was a zoo at 1pm, parking lot with more ppl than I'd ever seen at HD TBH!

Anyway finally got two employees to help me when I got back and they were pretty much looking at it thinking they didn't have any in the store at all. Then after this nonsense-talk they do check on their scanner thing which of course says 4. It's incredible that a guy here on RFD wrote a website that is just as good at checking HD stock from home in 2 seconds than it takes for two visits and like half an hour combined, to get one person at HD to perform. :rolleyes:

But wait...it gets better! So this HD actually has a place for power tool batteries. I can't see it there but high up on the rafter/shelf or whatever where I know they keep stuff, I can see the end of a Ridgid battery package that looks like it might be the 3 pack because the battery is different in the package than all the other single/dual packs--it's on an angle/diagonal. I prompt the HD associate that this might be it...you know alluding to them getting on the ladder and pulling it out so we can see if that's what I'm looking for. You think that's what happened? Nope! She just told me that can't be it and checked for other stock at other HDs for me. Mind blowing. However since you could only see the end of the package it might be just one or with a charger or something. So I drove like 10-15kms to the next HD which had 8 showing on their masterful computer--you know the same as a 2-second check on stocktrack.

I get there and couldn't find it, ask an associate and bam she knew what I was talking about and pointed to a shelf where they were saying, "oh yeah that three pack, it's right there"--obviously other RFDers had been here already lol. There were five left so I picked up one and left. Then I noticed the way the batteries were mounted in the case and the text and graphics and stuff on the package and held it on the end--and yep I'm about 95% sure this was the exact pack I'd seen at the first HD, high up on the shelf/cage that the employees there all couldn't be bothered to check :rolleyes:

Anyway the moral of the story is stocktrack says there are more than 1-2 at the store they likely are there but getting employees to get them for you, even when you can see what might possibly be it, is another story :facepalm:

Kudos to the guy that made StockTrack, I'm pretty sure he's an RFDer, right? But good luck finding good HD employees that will either bother to look for something or even know what you're talking about--very YMMV.

BTW guys as a tip on the batteries the date code is the first part of the serial# so CS1935... is 35th week of 2019 production. I checked four of the five packs they had at the one I went to and the first three were CS1932... and the fourth one 1935 so I took that one. Compared to the one other battery I got earlier in the year with my 1/2" mid-torque + charger deal, that one is CS1946, so these are not overly old or anything--only like 2-3 months older.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1750 upvotes
rural ontario
gr8dlr wrote: Not 100% sure but I think they say it's not good to run battery down to 0% before charging.

Am I correct on this with NiMH's?
They are Lithium-Ion. Most of these LiOn packs are smart in that they don't allow true 0% charge. Otherwise it would be a crappy tool to always check the battery level while using it.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Aug 12, 2019
53 posts
71 upvotes
Thanks OP! Saw this post yesterday morning and immediately drove to the HD in Kelowna. At the time, there were 5 left in stock after I purchased one.

Even without the LSA, this is a great deal. The 4.0 Ah batteries are a great general-purpose capacity. They last a long time on lower-draw tools like the hammer drill or impact driver, but still have enough power to be useful on high-draw tools like the 4.5" angle grinder. That, and they're not too heavy or bulky.

I wanted to get more batteries but didn't want to waste my time with the 2.0 Ah or 3.0 Ah batteries. Very glad this deal came along, and I wouldn't have known about it without this forum post. So again, thanks OP!

EDIT: Side note, if you already have tools registered with RIDGID under the LSA, make sure to still register these batteries. They won't be covered under LSA, but they will be covered under the 3 year warranty, and then you can upload your receipt and not have to worry about holding on to it.
Last edited by DanielB97750 on Jun 20th, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 15, 2002
576 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Slightly off topic. I have some 12-13yr old Ridgid batteries. I never registered them. Any chance they’d honour the warranty?
Aug 12, 2019
53 posts
71 upvotes
boomie wrote: Slightly off topic. I have some 12-13yr old Ridgid batteries. I never registered them. Any chance they’d honour the warranty?
Unlikely. If you have the original proof of purchase, and the batteries in fact came from a tool kit covered under LSA, then you could try.

Their website specifically says that you need to register for the LSA within 90 days of purchase though, so if they did honor the LSA, they would be making an exception at their discretion.

If you don't have the original proof of purchase, then it would be futile to even try.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
boomie wrote: Slightly off topic. I have some 12-13yr old Ridgid batteries. I never registered them. Any chance they’d honour the warranty?
Do you have the receipt? If no, then no. If yes, then probably no.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2006
1142 posts
4 upvotes
I just came from the Etobicoke Sherway location and there were still 3 packs left when I picked one up.
"The bigger the spring roll, the more soya sauce on your face." - Peter Chao

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)