Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ridgid 3-Pack 4.0Ah batteries $98

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 12:48 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27372 posts
7681 upvotes
chiumanji wrote: I just came from the Etobicoke Sherway location and there were still 3 packs left when I picked one up.
Yeah had I known the 3/8" Octane was on clearance, I would have just picked this and that up there today lol. I didn't notice the 3pk there though but I wasn't really looking for it since I had gotten it yesterday at a different location. Instead I've been to like three HDs in the last two days lol.

It's kind of crappy these don't get covered by LSA but still at the price can't be too worried. Most people will instantly have more batteries than they know what to do with--I went from having one battery to having five batteries and only three tools so far.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8700 posts
890 upvotes
True, I find getting some of the other tools you wouldn't think of getting but it gets used a ton... the spare batteries are fantastic. For example, an inflator, led light, or hybrid fan... heck even the portable radio. I take a stack of batteries with me and pretty much 4-5 of those tools with me on any cottage/camp trip. The batteries last a very long time and having those tools around are just a joy.

I really don't have a tool brand preference... I have so many now, lol.
ES_Revenge wrote: Yeah had I known the 3/8" Octane was on clearance, I would have just picked this and that up there today lol. I didn't notice the 3pk there though but I wasn't really looking for it since I had gotten it yesterday at a different location. Instead I've been to like three HDs in the last two days lol.

It's kind of crappy these don't get covered by LSA but still at the price can't be too worried. Most people will instantly have more batteries than they know what to do with--I went from having one battery to having five batteries and only three tools so far.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7107 posts
1168 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone around Toronto have an extra battery or two from this deal?

Can meet tomorrow, July 1.

Thanks!
Nov 8, 2005
516 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
I am a bit confused here - does Rigid have lifetime warranty on these batteries? Will I be able to bring them in and have them replaced when they start failing?
Dec 13, 2004
552 posts
62 upvotes
ahson wrote: I am a bit confused here - does Rigid have lifetime warranty on these batteries? Will I be able to bring them in and have them replaced when they start failing?
Lifetime warranty are only covered on batteries that are with kits. So the 3 pack of just batteries comes with a 3 year warranty only.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7107 posts
1168 upvotes
Toronto
d_chow wrote: Lifetime warranty are only covered on batteries that are with kits. So the 3 pack of just batteries comes with a 3 year warranty only.
Furthermore, the three years starts on the purchase date, if you have the receipt.

If no receipt, they go by the manufacture date that's imprinted on the battery. That's usually at least 6 months earlier, so you might only get 2 to 2 1/2 years warranty.

That said, all my Ridgid batteries have lasted much longer than that.
Dec 24, 2007
770 posts
383 upvotes
Kingston
rilles wrote: They are Lithium-Ion. Most of these LiOn packs are smart in that they don't allow true 0% charge. Otherwise it would be a crappy tool to always check the battery level while using it.
Once you get an 18650 cell down to about 2.5V they're considered dead. Any lower and you will damage the cell or risk it leaking. The bms will prevent you ever getting there.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13828 posts
4290 upvotes
Toronto
boomie wrote: Slightly off topic. I have some 12-13yr old Ridgid batteries. I never registered them. Any chance they’d honour the warranty?
Chance would be close to zero.
Jan 4, 2014
970 posts
362 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
rilles wrote: They are Lithium-Ion. Most of these LiOn packs are smart in that they don't allow true 0% charge. Otherwise it would be a crappy tool to always check the battery level while using it.
From what I understand I think most companies use the tool to communicate this, but ryobi uses the battery, so if you use an adapter to use a battery on a ryobi tool you could drain it too far. Never had any experience myself but that's what I'm getting from the research I've done.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3412 posts
3529 upvotes
Vancouver
ahson wrote: I am a bit confused here - does Rigid have lifetime warranty on these batteries? Will I be able to bring them in and have them replaced when they start failing?
Technically the Ridgid LSA (Lifetime Service Agreement) is not a warranty, because a product warranty has certain legal requirements in both Canada and the USA. For example a warranty is automatic and you are not required to "register" your purchase, but the LSA does require you to register within 90 days of purchase.

Repairs and replacements under the LSA are delivered through the local authorized Ridgid service provider, so people report some variation in satisfaction with things like how far they had to drive, amount of hassle, and turnaround time. But overall Ridgid does honor the LSA, including for batteries, even after many years.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1898 posts
1368 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: Technically the Ridgid LSA (Lifetime Service Agreement) is not a warranty, because a product warranty has certain legal requirements in both Canada and the USA. For example a warranty is automatic and you are not required to "register" your purchase, but the LSA does require you to register within 90 days of purchase.

Repairs and replacements under the LSA are delivered through the local authorized Ridgid service provider, so people report some variation in satisfaction with things like how far they had to drive, amount of hassle, and turnaround time. But overall Ridgid does honor the LSA, including for batteries, even after many years.
Good insight but this particular product DOES NOT come with the LSA.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2249 posts
2149 upvotes
Montreal
ahumanbeing wrote: From what I understand I think most companies use the tool to communicate this, but ryobi uses the battery, so if you use an adapter to use a battery on a ryobi tool you could drain it too far. Never had any experience myself but that's what I'm getting from the research I've done.
Ridgid has the tech in the battery... in other word, regardless of the brand of tool you use with a Ridgid battery, the battery will protect itself.
Jan 4, 2014
970 posts
362 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
SquadG wrote: Ridgid has the tech in the battery... in other word, regardless of the brand of tool you use with a Ridgid battery, the battery will protect itself.
Oh I didn't know ridgid also does that. Nice.