Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ridgid 5x 1/2" Impact Wrench w/4mah battery and charger

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 3:39 pm
Jul 12, 2005
920 posts
298 upvotes
Kelowna

[Home Depot] Ridgid 5x 1/2" Impact Wrench w/4mah battery and charger

Warm/decent deal IMO. There is a YouTube video of this setup removing semi truck lugs. That's what sold me. They are typically torqued to over 400 ft lbs.

Batrery/charger combo is selling online for 118, but typically sells for 199. Bare tool older gen 4 brushed is 168.

I returned a bunch of stuff for 132 store credit and grabbed this today. About 12 left in West Kelowna.
Images
  • s-l400.jpg
Last edited by KingCreole on Nov 9th, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
290 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1057 posts
531 upvotes
Montreal
I have the 1/4" version of this (brushless too) and I use it to change the tires on our car.
Insanely powerful for the size.
Got mine as part of a combo deal so I can't comment on the price but the tool itself is great.
Jul 12, 2005
920 posts
298 upvotes
Kelowna
Kynax wrote: I have the 1/4" version of this (brushless too) and I use it to change the tires on our car.
Insanely powerful for the size.
Got mine as part of a combo deal so I can't comment on the price but the tool itself is great.
Cool. From what I've been reading, Ridgids new 5x line power specs have been understated. Here is the vid. Guy undersrates the torque specs of these lugs, btw..

Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
KingCreole wrote: Warm/decent deal IMO. There is a YouTube video of this setup removing semi truck lugs. That's what sold me. They are typically torqued to over 400 ft lbs.

Batrery/charger combo is selling online for 118, but typically sells for 199. Bare tool is 167 or 169, can't remember exactly.

I returned a bunch of stuff for 132 store credit and grabbed this today. About 12 left in West Kelowna.
Not seeing it for that price. $198 is what I am seeing on ON
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Jul 12, 2005
920 posts
298 upvotes
Kelowna
Samshares wrote: Not seeing it for that price. $198 is what I am seeing on ON
That is the price Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7523 upvotes
BC
Damn, I bought the bare tool in July for $168. I would have paid the extra $30 for the battery and charger if it were available then. Great tool nonetheless...
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
KingCreole wrote: That is the price Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Oh i thought it was $118 as mentioned in OP
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Jul 12, 2005
920 posts
298 upvotes
Kelowna
Sorry for the confusion. That's what the battery and charger are on sale for without the wrench.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
SizzleChest wrote: Damn, I bought the bare tool in July for $168. I would have paid the extra $30 for the battery and charger if it were available then. Great tool nonetheless...
There's a non-brushless X4 version that I've seen for $168. Are you sure yours was 5X Brushless?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Tempting.... Been watching the DeWalt DCF899B since last year's scorching deal as I already have a DeWalt ecosystem at home but for the price this is tempting...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7523 upvotes
BC
KingCreole wrote: You are right! I'll adust my OP. Thanks for the heads up. Makes this deal even better. Mine is def 5x Brushless.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18v- ... 59864.html
Inno wrote: There's a non-brushless X4 version that I've seen for $168. Are you sure yours was 5X Brushless?
The website said X4 and so did the description on the purchase receipt, but the bare tool was definitely the X5
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
SizzleChest wrote: The website said X4 and so did the description on the purchase receipt, but the bare tool was definitely the X5
In the old thread on the X4 Clearance sale, I seem to recall that HD was using the same sku no for both versions of the bare tool.
Jul 12, 2005
920 posts
298 upvotes
Kelowna
Inno wrote: In the old thread on the X4 Clearance sale, I seem to recall that HD was using the same sku no for both versions of the bare tool.
Ok. That explains it then. Guess they haven't updated the web site yet.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7523 upvotes
BC
KingCreole wrote: Ok. That explains it then. Guess they haven't updated the web site yet.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ridgid-18-V ... /301996008

The X5 bare tool is $149usd regular price on homedepot.com which is just shy of $200cdn with the conversion so I was wondering if maybe someone on HD's end screwed up and didn't enter the X5 into their system yet. They still think they have the X4 and if/when they figure it out, the price could increase.
Jul 12, 2005
920 posts
298 upvotes
Kelowna
SizzleChest wrote: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ridgid-18-V ... /301996008

The X5 bare tool is $149usd regular price on homedepot.com which is just shy of $200cdn with the conversion so I was wondering if maybe someone on HD's end screwed up and didn't enter the X5 into their system yet. They still think they have the X4 and if/when they figure it out, the price could increase.
Good point! Makes sense considering.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1569 posts
1156 upvotes
Oh so tempting! I use the 1/4" impact driver all the time with a 1/2 socket adapter. It's pretty powerful for what it is but it wont break the lug nuts on my F150.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
paintballdude05 wrote: Oh so tempting! I use the 1/4" impact driver all the time with a 1/2 socket adapter. It's pretty powerful for what it is but it wont break the lug nuts on my F150.
Yeah, 165lbs torque is tight.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7523 upvotes
BC
I don't see this mentioned in the description - of the 4 speed settings, there is auto (A) which is great for putting on fasteners that you intend to finish to spec with a torque wrench. As soon as the impact wrench senses resistance, it stops.