• Feb 12th, 2020 12:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1675 posts
1223 upvotes
Montreal

[Home Depot] Ridgid 9AH + Charger Kit with LSA $90 US @ HD USA

Home Depot USA has this one day sale on this starter kit.

The kit include a charger and a 9AH battery. Since this is a kit, this come with lifetime warranty (charger and battery).

This comes down to about $130 CAD.

You can resell the charger probably for $30.
21 replies
Jun 23, 2012
13 posts
2 upvotes
SASKATOON
How would you get this into Canada, or is this for people that live on the border?
Jun 5, 2016
516 posts
571 upvotes
pdhodgson wrote: How would you get this into Canada, or is this for people that live on the border?
This is too many watt hours/cells for Canada Post to ship so I think you will have trouble with anything other than border pickup.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2741 posts
1211 upvotes
West Coast
Not for me due to having no amerifriend, but good deal if you can get it. I'd love to have one big 9ah battery
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
2705 posts
3598 upvotes
Langley, BC
Ryobi has a 9ah battery for 100$. No good? Or not great because no charger/lifetime warranty?
Nov 10, 2003
645 posts
195 upvotes
BC, Canada
Good deal but 9AH batts are heavy for cordless.
They can be annoying to have to hold for long periods
6AH are better imo
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1675 posts
1223 upvotes
Montreal
Loto_Bak wrote: Good deal but 9AH batts are heavy for cordless.
They can be annoying to have to hold for long periods
6AH are better imo
You are right.

I bought 1 and I'll be using it primarily with a flashlight and the fan. Ill be trying to make a Ridgid to Ryobi adapter since Ryobi offer a 18V inverter to 120V. It provides 1.25A, not much but good enough during a power outage.
Sep 12, 2013
67 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga
Just down the road from HD US, but cannot find any use for this battery. Shame..
Dec 3, 2010
529 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
Ridgid has way too much electronics packed in the battery which is the last thing you want. Much prefer the dewalt design (dumb battery + smart charger that does the balancing) which is much more reliable.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3085 posts
1861 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
I'm curious whether Ridgid would honour the LSA, considering it was purchased in the USA.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6821 posts
974 upvotes
Toronto
MrFrugal1 wrote: I'm curious whether Ridgid would honour the LSA, considering it was purchased in the USA.
Of course. It's the same US website and call centre for registering them. You're just giving them a US receipt instead of Canadian, and talking to a CSR in the US.

There is no separate Canadian LSA registration facility/service.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
2130 posts
2048 upvotes
Vancouver
Even if you already have a Ridgid charger, keep in mind that LSA is not available for batteries sold on their own - it must be part of a kit. A charger plus battery qualifies as a kit.

But 9ah seems like overkill for most applications - too big and heavy, too expensive.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1675 posts
1223 upvotes
Montreal
MrFrugal1 wrote: I'm curious whether Ridgid would honour the LSA, considering it was purchased in the USA.
I called Ridgid in 2015 when I bought my impact wrench kit and they confirmed that Mexico, US and Canada is fine and considered the same.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3085 posts
1861 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
SquadG wrote: I called Ridgid in 2015 when I bought my impact wrench kit and they confirmed that Mexico, US and Canada is fine and considered the same.
Good to know. These things often have loopholes, and I wasn't aware of how they would deal with the LSA on a tool not purchased in Canada.
Back in the '90's, the big camera companies (Canon, Nikon, etc) would not honor US warranties here, and I know many mobile phone companies still follow this practice.