Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ridgid brushless 18v Belt Sander - $79.60 (YMMV but will include receipt and pic)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 12:58 am
Dec 16, 2012
788 posts
510 upvotes
Barrie, ON

[Home Depot] Ridgid brushless 18v Belt Sander - $79.60 (YMMV but will include receipt and pic)

Some of you guys know I absolutely love Ridgid products. I was a DeWalt user for years but I feel that Ridgid's easy lifetime warranty and the quality of the tools is one of the best for the price.

So I'm making a table and saw a belt sander for $214.00 (link below) so I go to my local Barrie home Depot and see it for 79.60 which I think is a steal!

(link: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001024702)

I have added the picture and will add the receipt once I get home where I can edit my info out of it.

Thank you
Images
  • IMG_20190826_103943.jpg
14 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1718 posts
1082 upvotes
Hamilton
Would like to get one but the 18V batteries I have does not fit to this brand. Many brands and battery designs and they are not interchangeable :( Waste of resources!
Wondering when regulators will force manufacturers to make power tools batteries universal and interchangeable as they did with cell phone charger's plug in, e.g. USB, etc.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1569 posts
1156 upvotes
This is a repost, it's been at this price for a bit now. Some of us have gotten lucky and they have shipped out online orders at this price.
HamsiBrain wrote: Would like to get one but the 18V batteries I have does not fit to this brand. Many brands and battery designs and they are not interchangeable :( Waste of resources!
Wondering when regulators will force manufacturers to make power tools batteries universal and interchangeable as they did with cell phone charger's plug in, e.g. USB, etc.
Not gonna happen anytime soon.
Nov 16, 2010
36 posts
30 upvotes
Milton
I tried ordering but there is 0 stock of the item in Barrie.
This item then becomes $200++ when I change locations.
Ugh. I really wanted this one. Sucks to be me.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
HamsiBrain wrote: Would like to get one but the 18V batteries I have does not fit to this brand. Many brands and battery designs and they are not interchangeable :( Waste of resources!
Doesn't work with the current sliding batteries? Sorry for the noob question.

I have the Ridgid drill, came with battery, and bought the bluetooth 3 ah one for my impact drive, but didnt know that they are not interchangable with some tools.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Dec 16, 2012
788 posts
510 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Rainbow_5 wrote: I tried ordering but there is 0 stock of the item in Barrie.
This item then becomes $200++ when I change locations.
Ugh. I really wanted this one. Sucks to be me.
You gotta be kidding me! There were 2 when I was there! The RFD effect I guess, hopefully someone can price match at another Home Depot.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
KillerX wrote: You gotta be kidding me! There were 2 when I was there! The RFD effect I guess, hopefully someone can price match at another Home Depot.
They have been showing oos for over a week now. Online stats might not reflect in store stock.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1718 posts
1082 upvotes
Hamilton
PriceHunter wrote: Doesn't work with the current sliding batteries? Sorry for the noob question.

I have the Ridgid drill, came with battery, and bought the bluetooth 3 ah one for my impact drive, but didnt know that they are not interchangable with some tools.
Let me clarify; it may or may not work with the SAME brand of tools with same voltage. The good news is most of the latest line ups are compatible (i.e. 18V Ridgid battery may work with other 18V Ridgid tools, same for Ryobi one+, etc) so if you have other 18V Ridgid tools most likely it would work.

My concern was batteries of various brands are not compatible (both with power tools and chargers) although they have same voltage, e.g. 18V, same amperage (e.g. 3Ah), and designs (e.g. push in or slide in) . Some brands belong to same parent company but their batteries are not compatible either. Cell phone manufacturers were doing similar dirty tactics so they can keep their customers in loop, eliminate competition and switching brands. Consumer protection organizations and regulators finally won the battle, set the standards (e.g. USB) and forced manufacturers to comply with them. This was a short note to create some awareness, hope similar process will follow for power tools and we will be able to use 12V, 18V, 20V, 40V, etc batteries with multiple if not all brands.
Jun 22, 2018
68 posts
219 upvotes
I got this a coupl months ago from another thread. I did a price match at home depot in Oakville.
Nov 16, 2010
36 posts
30 upvotes
Milton
Hi OP....mind posting a copy of the receipt? I will try to price match at the HD near me.
Thank you in advance!!
Dec 16, 2012
788 posts
510 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Rainbow_5 wrote: Hi OP....mind posting a copy of the receipt? I will try to price match at the HD near me.
Thank you in advance!!
Sure! I still haven't gotten home, but I will when I get home

B :)
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
HamsiBrain wrote: Let me clarify; it may or may not work with the SAME brand of tools with same voltage. The good news is most of the latest line ups are compatible (i.e. 18V Ridgid battery may work with other 18V Ridgid tools, same for Ryobi one+, etc) so if you have other 18V Ridgid tools most likely it would work.

My concern was batteries of various brands are not compatible (both with power tools and chargers) although they have same voltage, e.g. 18V, same amperage (e.g. 3Ah), and designs (e.g. push in or slide in) . Some brands belong to same parent company but their batteries are not compatible either. Cell phone manufacturers were doing similar dirty tactics so they can keep their customers in loop, eliminate competition and switching brands. Consumer protection organizations and regulators finally won the battle, set the standards (e.g. USB) and forced manufacturers to comply with them. This was a short note to create some awareness, hope similar process will follow for power tools and we will be able to use 12V, 18V, 20V, 40V, etc batteries with multiple if not all brands.

There's no way to get tool manufacturers to switch to a standardized battery unless every manufacturer drops their current line of tools and switch to a new system. That wouldn't necessarily benefit the consumers who've spent lots of money one system either.

There's way more at play than voltage and AH capacity specs. Anyway, understanding how different brands of battery packs work, how different chargers work, how specific brands of tools are designed electrically, and how safety certification works, I can say it won't be a simple "finger-snapping" solution to make a one size fits all battery a viable solution.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1718 posts
1082 upvotes
Hamilton
turbo_slug wrote: There's no way to get tool manufacturers to switch to a standardized battery unless every manufacturer drops their current line of tools and switch to a new system. That wouldn't necessarily benefit the consumers who've spent lots of money one system either.

There's way more at play than voltage and AH capacity specs. Anyway, understanding how different brands of battery packs work, how different chargers work, how specific brands of tools are designed electrically, and how safety certification works, I can say it won't be a simple "finger-snapping" solution to make a one size fits all battery a viable solution.
Agreed, in general, but regardless of their chemical compound, etc, at the end they will have compatible output, same as NiCad, NiMh, Lion, etc type of batteries do. As long as they are within the same V and Ah, majority of them can be interchangeable, heck most of the batteries are manufactured by the same group of companies, using same battery cells and with similar technologies. Standardization has been done with household batteries,( AA, AAA, C, etc), with phone charging ports, TVs, wireless spectrum, gasoline, building materials, etc and with enough pressure, this is more than doable. No body expecting a magic or finger snapping and IMO when regulators/industry standardize power tool batteries, set a deadline to accommodate, etc manufacturers will follow. It will be simpler with enormous saving and profit for all.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
HamsiBrain wrote: Agreed, in general, but regardless of their chemical compound, etc, at the end they will have compatible output, same as NiCad, NiMh, Lion, etc type of batteries do. As long as they are within the same V and Ah, majority of them can be interchangeable, heck most of the batteries are manufactured by the same group of companies, using same battery cells and with similar technologies. Standardization has been done with household batteries,( AA, AAA, C, etc), with phone charging ports, TVs, wireless spectrum, gasoline, building materials, etc and with enough pressure, this is more than doable. No body expecting a magic or finger snapping and IMO when regulators/industry standardize power tool batteries, set a deadline to accommodate, etc manufacturers will follow. It will be simpler with enormous saving and profit for all.
Like I already said, there's way more to consider. There's a lot more engineering that goes into a lithium ion battery pack than just arranging cells in series/parallel to achieve a certain voltage or capacity.