• Nov 8th, 2019 2:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1361 posts
917 upvotes
Montreal

[Home Depot] Ridgid Buy 5AH Battery + Charger Kit and Get Free Tool

If you buy the charger + 5AH battery kit (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1001357396), you can choose a free bare tool:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... tools.html

- JobMax
- 7 1/4 Saw
- 4 1/2 Angle Grinder
- Jig Saw
- Reciprocating Saw
- Impact Driver
- Stealth Force Impact
- LED Cannon

The offer seem to be in-store and online. I don't know if they fixed the receipt trick in-store.

You do get LSA with the battery and charger but the price is inflated. You can get a 2 pack for $159 but WITHOUT LSA.
46 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1718 posts
733 upvotes
North Vancouver
I think is a repost
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. (Groucho Marx)
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Jul 31, 2009
432 posts
168 upvotes
Ottawa
i wish they did this kind of deal with the 9.0 ah kit when it was still available in canada
May 21, 2018
328 posts
259 upvotes
Sorcerer wrote:
Oct 31st, 2019 10:27 pm
I think is a repost
I don't think so. Is it possible that you are confusing this deal with buying the TOOL and getting the battery free?
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2019 posts
364 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
well,this makes me ponder. do I purchase the 5Ah battery and get the 'free' jigsaw and return the jigsaw I have from the 'free' battery starter kit promo last week (already returned two battery kits and got the panel light with a 3rd kit I held onto. I have plenty of 4Ah batteries and 1 or 2 2Ah and one 3Ah and 3 chargers already. I don't have a 5Ah. hmmm
Woodstock, ON
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13182 posts
3758 upvotes
Toronto
And now what everyone wants to know... what's the prorated return value of each item on the receipt, if you buy in store?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2610 posts
1129 upvotes
West Coast
crashxxx wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 9:03 am
well,this makes me ponder. do I purchase the 5Ah battery and get the 'free' jigsaw and return the jigsaw I have from the 'free' battery starter kit promo last week (already returned two battery kits and got the panel light with a 3rd kit I held onto. I have plenty of 4Ah batteries and 1 or 2 2Ah and one 3Ah and 3 chargers already. I don't have a 5Ah. hmmm
Contemplating the same.

Don't buy the jigsaw though if you'll be returning the tool as it'll have a smaller return value. Values are prorated so get the most expensive one if the goal is to get the cheapest battery
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2019 posts
364 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
Richfields wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 9:36 am
Contemplating the same.

Don't buy the jigsaw though if you'll be returning the tool as it'll have a smaller return value. Values are prorated so get the most expensive one if the goal is to get the cheapest battery
ah. yes. I see what you are saying. so if I buy the $199 5Ah battery, choose the most expensive bare tool. return the tool for the higher refund amount and therefore it makes the battery cheaper. most expensive tool eligible is the 199 circular saw. I'm thinking sticking with what I have may just be the better option. or track down the 2 pack of 5Ah batteries on their own for $159 ?
Woodstock, ON
Nov 20, 2008
273 posts
44 upvotes
crashxxx wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 10:33 am
ah. yes. I see what you are saying. so if I buy the $199 5Ah battery, choose the most expensive bare tool. return the tool for the higher refund amount and therefore it makes the battery cheaper. most expensive tool eligible is the 199 circular saw. I'm thinking sticking with what I have may just be the better option. or track down the 2 pack of 5Ah batteries on their own for $159 ?
conversely over here, I'd be looking to keep the circ saw. what's the return value on the battery/charger in this case? might stop in today and find out.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6607 posts
884 upvotes
Toronto
AtticGoo wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 9:02 am
I don't think so. Is it possible that you are confusing this deal with buying the TOOL and getting the battery free?
It's the similar Ridgid 5.0 promo he means I think.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6607 posts
884 upvotes
Toronto
msprnt wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 10:51 am
conversely over here, I'd be looking to keep the circ saw. what's the return value on the battery/charger in this case? might stop in today and find out.
The saw is 199, so 50/50 split for the refund I'd guess? 100+tax for the Octane saw would be decent.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1361 posts
917 upvotes
Montreal
msprnt wrote:
Hopefully, they havent fixed the return values with this promotion. Let us know.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13182 posts
3758 upvotes
Toronto
msprnt wrote:
With the deal that just ended, I returned the 2ah Ridgid Starter kit and got the Octane Circ. saw at roughly 110 plus tax.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13182 posts
3758 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 11:16 am
The saw is 199, so 50/50 split for the refund I'd guess? 100+tax for the Octane saw would be decent.
With the promo that ended Oct. 30, the saw ended up being 110 plus tax, after the battery was returned for 90 plus tax credit. All values are a rough estimate.

It's possible they fixed the loophole in the new promo so one item cannot be returned without the other. People will have to buy in store and see what the refund value of each item is on their receipt.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6607 posts
884 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 11:50 am
With the promo that ended Oct. 30, the saw ended up being 110 plus tax, after the battery was returned for 90 plus tax credit. All values are a rough estimate.

It's possible they fixed the loophole in the new promo so one item cannot be returned without the other. People will have to buy in store and see what the refund value of each item is on their receipt.
If that's the case the only way this is worthwhile is for connect with other RFDers and split the deal. Way more effort than returning half the items...