2 posts
11 upvotes

[Home Depot] Ridgid - FREE Battery and Charger with select power tool purchase

171 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1353 posts
954 upvotes
It's a repost, the hot deal would be buying the tool to get the the battery and charger kit. Then returning the kit and getting the tool at a nice discount.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7354 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto
The 2.0ah battery isn't great. Some stores are adding 6.0ah batteries for certain tools, as another person posted today. That's a hot deal!
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1432 posts
2303 upvotes
My understanding the battery has a lifetime warranty.

I was looking at this last night but... no free battery kit with it.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001001877
$52 20GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers BYE BYE ROGERS!
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7354 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto
KenAdams wrote: My understanding the battery has a lifetime warranty.

I was looking at this last night but... no free battery kit with it.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001001877
Bare batteries only have a 3 year warranty. Lifetime warranty only applies if your battery came in a box with a "kit", e.g. tool and/or charger.
Jul 31, 2009
508 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
Inno wrote: The 2.0ah battery isn't great. Some stores are adding 6.0ah batteries for certain tools, as another person posted today. That's a hot deal!
link?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7354 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto
oujifye wrote: link?
Page 128 of the "[Home Depot] Home Depot Clearance Deals 2019" thread.

Can't get a link when viewing in the app on my phone.
Jul 31, 2009
508 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
Inno wrote: Page 128 of the "[Home Depot] Home Depot Clearance Deals 2019" thread.

Can't get a link when viewing in the app on my phone.
do you mean this post?

Those are just last holiday's specials, they've been trying to clear them out for a while now.
Jan 31, 2011
964 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
We've been screwed by Ridgid Canada for so long that we should start an online petition. Few years ago same drill/driver package sold at the states comes with two 4Ah batteries while Canada had two 3Ah. This year the US Ridgid promotion comes with latest gen 6.0Ah AND 3.0 Ah Octane batteries, while in Canada we are blessed with the almighty one and only 2Ah previous gen Hyper-Li battery.

https://www.homedepot.com/collection/To ... =308861762
oujifye wrote: do you mean this post?

Those are just last holiday's specials, they've been trying to clear them out for a while now.
It was only recently priced down to $149 by some store managers, most other stores are still selling at $198 and pricing matching other stores are YMMV. In fact if you scan the box barcode it will read $198. The cashier has to take off the yellow sticker to override price to $149.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7354 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto
oujifye wrote: do you mean this post?

Yes, yorkdale location. Are there other stores with this promo? I called Leaside and Curity and they are still at $199.
Last edited by Inno on Sep 14th, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5576 posts
5771 upvotes
Vancouver
Inno wrote: Bare batteries only have a 3 year warranty. Lifetime warranty only applies if your battery came in a box with a "kit", e.g. tool and/or charger.
Ridgid calls it a "Lifetime Service Agreement" (LSA) because technically it's not a warranty under Canadian law. It's not automatic - you have to register for it within 90 days after purchase, and if you ever get a tool or battery replaced under the LSA, you have to register the new one since that's not automatic either.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1865 posts
633 upvotes
Edmonton
If it were 6.0 battery I might even jump on a tool like the 7-1/4 circ. or that planer. Those specific tools never go on sale for dewalt

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14802 posts
9537 upvotes
Markham
Inno wrote: Bare batteries only have a 3 year warranty. Lifetime warranty only applies if your battery came in a box with a "kit", e.g. tool and/or charger.
This bare battery 3 yr limited warranty is BS IMO. I bought a 12V Rigid kit and got free battery. At the time I didn't know this limited warranty free battery factoid. I "discussed" with a Home Depot CSR that I wanted to return the free battery because it did not have a lifetime warranty unlike the battery that came with the tool. As a hobbyist...how do you work with this scenario=> 1) do you work the crap out of the "limited warranty free battery" since you only have 3 yrs and hope it dies at yr 2 and a half or 2) do you just roll the dice and hope the 3 yr battery doesn't die after 3 yrs

CSR Ok'd the return and agreed it didn't make any sense.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14802 posts
9537 upvotes
Markham
Scote64 wrote: Ridgid calls it a "Lifetime Service Agreement" (LSA) because technically it's not a warranty under Canadian law. It's not automatic - you have to register for it within 90 days after purchase, and if you ever get a tool or battery replaced under the LSA, you have to register the new one since that's not automatic either.
A difference in words doesn't really change what this is to the ppl who buy Rigid tools. I've been buying RIGID primarily for this LSA reason...and tools are pretty good as well.

DO NOT FORGET TO REGISTER and MAKE SURE YOU KEEP PICTURES /PRINT OUTS OF YOUR REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jul 31, 2009
508 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
Inno wrote: Yes, yorkdale location. Are there other stores with this promo? I called Leaside and Curity and they are still at $199.
it's a clearance not a promo, all their stores carried these last xmas. iirc Markham north had the same price for the grinder/sawzall 2-3 months ago. I was able to pricematch the sawzall here in ottawa.
Dec 21, 2012
395 posts
649 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
This is a pretty hot deal. There is a Max Refund Value of $81.31 for the Free Battery and Charger. I ended up getting the Octane 1/2" Impact Wrench for $179 - $81.31= $97.69 + taxes for the bare tool. It's a great deal if you already have batteries.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1865 posts
633 upvotes
Edmonton
That palm router would be a good deal with the battery returned. Too bad i'm not in the ridgid ecosystem. I went team yellow. The unfortunate thing is that the 20V brushless palm router for team yellow is no less than 199 bare tool anywhere I look.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Oct 19, 2013
79 posts
66 upvotes
Montréal, QC
whoace wrote: This is a pretty hot deal. There is a Max Refund Value of $81.31 for the Free Battery and Charger. I ended up getting the Octane 1/2" Impact Wrench for $179 - $81.31= $97.69 + taxes for the bare tool. It's a great deal if you already have batteries.
Good to know you can return only the battery kit for a certain amount, these 2 mah battery don’t let the tool draw enough power from the battery for the higher intensity tools. I have one and gave it to my mother with one of my extra drills, she likes the "lightness" of it.
Nov 7, 2011
738 posts
660 upvotes
British Columbia
freewheelin76 wrote: If it were 6.0 battery I might even jump on a tool like the 7-1/4 circ. or that planer. Those specific tools never go on sale for dewalt
The 7 1/4 circular saw has been on sale with a 6.0 battery for 199 at home depot for some time. I picked it up a few months ago and it has been great!
Jun 21, 2011
148 posts
110 upvotes
Ottawa
bigtezz wrote: Good to know you can return only the battery kit for a certain amount, these 2 mah battery don’t let the tool draw enough power from the battery for the higher intensity tools. I have one and gave it to my mother with one of my extra drills, she likes the "lightness" of it.
You return without a receipt I assume? Otherwise why would they give you $ value on a "free" item.