Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ridgid - Free Tool with Purchase of 5ah Battery/Charger Kit or Hammer/Impact Combo Kit

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2021 6:39 pm
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
SquadG wrote: Price match with this and save $60

https://www.amazon.ca/RIDGID-AC8489-Lit ... B0812B1VNL
Hmm not shipped+sold by amazon? I already purchased the combo. Would really love to get a price adjustment!

Live chat:
Im very sorry, but I will not be able to price match this item for you as per our policy guidelines, it must be sold and shipped by the online company.
This is sold by a third party seller called Simple Works
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
Kaitlyn wrote: Hmm not shipped+sold by amazon? I already purchased the combo. Would really love to get a price adjustment!
First agent didn't want to but second didn't care.

Fullfilled by Amazon
<no self promotion>
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
SquadG wrote: First agent didn't want to but second didn't care.

Fullfilled by Amazon
Argh! :(
Deal Fanatic
Feb 3, 2005
5295 posts
1266 upvotes
Georgetown
It doesn’t sound like there is a way to return the 2 2amp batteries from the kit... I already have 2 batteries and would love to sell the batteries to offset the tools price.

It also doesn’t look like the hammer drill comes with a side handle? But that hammer drill model separately seems to have a side handle... can anyone confirm if this kit includes a side handle?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
Tiberius wrote: It doesn’t sound like there is a way to return the 2 2amp batteries from the kit... I already have 2 batteries and would love to sell the batteries to offset the tools price.

It also doesn’t look like the hammer drill comes with a side handle? But that hammer drill model separately seems to have a side handle... can anyone confirm if this kit includes a side handle?
The impact drill kit is a kit. You cannot return part of it.

It come with 1 handle.
<no self promotion>
Deal Fanatic
Feb 3, 2005
5295 posts
1266 upvotes
Georgetown
SquadG wrote: The impact drill kit is a kit. You cannot return part of it.

It come with 1 handle.
Thanks. I guess you can return the ‘free tool’ and essentially make the drill/impact set cheaper. Those are the tools I’m actually looking for currently. Getting them for under $200 seems like a good deal - possibly better than the Milwaukee kit TSC was selling
Deal Fanatic
Feb 3, 2005
5295 posts
1266 upvotes
Georgetown
Funnyshirt wrote: I'm debating doing the same. I believe it breaks down like this:

Price: 299
Drill combo = 299/(299+169)*299 = 191
Circular saw = 169/(299+169)*299 = 108

If you found a store with the batteries it would work out to cheaper once you returned the battery:

Price:199
Battery = 199/(199+169)*199 = 108
Circular saw = 169/(199+169) = 91

Still holding out hope for the brushless Ryobi circular saw to go on sale
If this is correct and you wanted to get the drill/impact kit only... it would make sense to get the most expensive bonus tool and then return that tool. With the router it is 189.47’ish...
Apr 22, 2018
72 posts
106 upvotes
Tiberius wrote: If this is correct and you wanted to get the drill/impact kit only... it would make sense to get the most expensive bonus tool and then return that tool. With the router it is 189.47’ish...
Yeah you'd want the most expensive "free" tool as it would have the highest return value.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 3, 2005
5295 posts
1266 upvotes
Georgetown
Funnyshirt wrote: Thanks for this, it was a real pain but got a price match after multiple people and a bit of back and forth
Are you getting the battery kit + free tool for this price?
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
Finally got price adjusted, and umm, the $10 email coupon since I'm so new 🤣

Super happy camper now - $129 for new circ saw, a 5ah battery+charger... Don't even care if the ryobi circ saw goes cheaper or dewalt may be better.

I will say though, it's a heavy saw oh my! Thankfully I'm not planning to be crazy mobile with it :)

As a diyer I think/hope the lifetime guarantee suits me best 🤷🏼‍♀️
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
Kaitlyn wrote: Finally got price adjusted, and umm, the $10 email coupon since I'm so new 🤣

Super happy camper now - $129 for new circ saw, a 5ah battery+charger... Don't even care if the ryobi circ saw goes cheaper or dewalt may be better.

I will say though, it's a heavy saw oh my! Thankfully I'm not planning to be crazy mobile with it :)

As a diyer I think/hope the lifetime guarantee suits me best 🤷🏼‍♀️
nice! you did that in-store? did you face any resistance?
<no self promotion>
Apr 22, 2018
72 posts
106 upvotes
Tiberius wrote: Are you getting the battery kit + free tool for this price?
Yeah starter kit was price matched to 139 + free tool. Super YMMV as few CS said that they can price match but can't honored the free tool promotion since Amazon isn't offering that. A few others said that they can't price match because it's not sold by Amazon... Even though it is fulfilled by Amazon. Got lucky with 1 CS that seemed chill about price matching then later I slipped in the free tool ask, he didn't seem too bothered by it.
Jan 13, 2014
123 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Super hot! Took 2 tries but got a CS who would match. Got a circular saw and multi tool + 2x 5ah battery for 139 + tax each!
May 8, 2016
956 posts
2109 upvotes
Credit to OP and the Amazon link provided by @SquadG

Ordered two batteries and confirmed with two free tools at $139x2, using the Amazon link for price match.

I use online chat with customers service in early morning, 8 am. Get price matched very easily and confirmed the free tools without any trouble.

Early morning may be a good time to contact online customer service since they are neither exhausted nor too busy as in afternoon.

Remember to be polite.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
1488 posts
253 upvotes
Calgary
People who are getting the price match for $139 can you let me know what the return price of the battery itself would be after price match?

Interested in the reciprocating saw.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6323 posts
3867 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I wish they’d add the new portable band saw for this promo. I’ve already got all the eligible tools in this promo and the band saw is the next tool on my priority list.
May 8, 2016
956 posts
2109 upvotes
LeafsWillWin wrote: People who are getting the price match for $139 can you let me know what the return price of the battery itself would be after price match?

I ordered online so that I would not be able to do partial returns. My local stores do not have any inventory.
ChicoQuente wrote: I wish they’d add the new portable band saw for this promo. I’ve already got all the eligible tools in this promo and the band saw is the next tool on my priority list.
I wish I can find a good deal on orbital sander. Real need one for a diy project.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
LeafsWillWin wrote: People who are getting the price match for $139 can you let me know what the return price of the battery itself would be after price match?

Code: Select all

139 + 169                = 308
139 / 308                = 0.4512987012987013
139 * 0.4512987012987013 = 62.73051948051948  Battery
139 - 62.73051948051948  = 76.26948051948052  Recip Saw
<no self promotion>

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)