Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

RIDGID Handheld Vacuum $79 Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 11:06 am
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal

[Home Depot] RIDGID Handheld Vacuum $79 Clearance

Home Depot has on clearance this unit for $109 - not a great price but expect the price to fall in the upcoming months.

RIDGID GEN5X 18V Cordless Brushless Vacuum (Tool-Only) with (2) Nozzles and 2-Foot Extension Tube
Model # R86090B|Store SKU # 1001029850

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001029850

$109 in store ONLY... This is nation wide

EDIT: Now $79
Last edited by SquadG on Jul 7th, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
<no self promotion>
21 replies
Jan 11, 2009
470 posts
832 upvotes
Mississauga
Looks like an alien weapon from a video game. I like it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
Doesn't seem cheap, but maybe...

It's still twice the price of a regular handheld vac, but it would be nice to have a decent one that doesn't crap out in a year. Usually it's the batteries that go, and it's just not cost-effective to replace the cells. Normally I don't want to use expensive tool batteries for ordinary household appliances (like flashlights, radios, vacuums), but with Ridgid you have the LSA to replace the battery free.

Why do you think it's going to get cheaper?
Mar 7, 2011
997 posts
1013 upvotes
Is a 2ah battery going to be good enough for this? Sucks that it's a bare tool.
Mar 20, 2019
440 posts
916 upvotes
tunda11 wrote: Is a 2ah battery going to be good enough for this? Sucks that it's a bare tool.
I have it with a 1.5ah and it's awful, would recommend >3
Mar 20, 2019
440 posts
916 upvotes
There was a post a while back when I got this for $40, this is a cold deal
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Anfaax wrote: There was a post a while back when I got this for $40, this is a cold deal
Yes I grabbed one then. Last year I think.
Mar 9, 2020
370 posts
702 upvotes
JDK111 wrote: That's waayyy too expensive.
I got this one (tool only) for $25 a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty darn good.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001123813

You can get a Ryobi battery and charger and still be way further ahead.
The ryobi one isn't a wet dry vac like this and deffiently nowhere near as powerful. They're really not the same.

But agreed the ryobi one is good for 25.
Oct 19, 2015
109 posts
133 upvotes
Québec
I bought exactly this model for 49$ a little more than a year ago. Not sure I would buy it at this price (>100$).
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3111 posts
3201 upvotes
nigre33 wrote: I bought exactly this model for 49$ a little more than a year ago. Not sure I would buy it at this price (>100$).
Ya I remember when you posted and shared that deal! home-depot-warm-ridgid-gen5x-18v-cordle ... v-2287701/

But it was $40 in Dec as others have mentioned.
home-depot-ridgid-gen5x-18v-cordless-br ... g-2341284/
Last edited by Chewfam on Jun 23rd, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No politics in sigs - mods
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3111 posts
3201 upvotes
Demon_Twinz wrote: So I understand this .. Ridge batteries have a lifetime warranty has you registered?

I wanted a dyson for the kitchen but I think this would be great!!! please comment
Ridgid batteries only have the LSA (Lifetime Service Agreement) when they are purchased with a tool as one package. Batteries purchased separately do not have the LSA.

This doesn't come close to the Dyson as a day to day vacuum. You have the optional heads for the Dyson for floors and the suction power is better on the Dyson.
No politics in sigs - mods
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1159 posts
244 upvotes
Chewfam wrote: Ridgid batteries only have the LSA (Lifetime Service Agreement) when they are purchased with a tool as one package. Batteries purchased separately do not have the LSA.

This doesn't come close to the Dyson as a day to day vacuum. You have the optional heads for the Dyson for floors and the suction power is better on the Dyson.
I just want a small vac for the cooking area. I have a dyson monster ball or something for the full house. I did not buy any battery tools because of the lack of warranty but I guess this is on my list now. thank you
feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=657823
ebay feedback : demon_twinz
heatware ID: demon_twinz99
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
Scote64 wrote: Doesn't seem cheap, but maybe...

It's still twice the price of a regular handheld vac, but it would be nice to have a decent one that doesn't crap out in a year. Usually it's the batteries that go, and it's just not cost-effective to replace the cells. Normally I don't want to use expensive tool batteries for ordinary household appliances (like flashlights, radios, vacuums), but with Ridgid you have the LSA to replace the battery free.

Why do you think it's going to get cheaper?
They released a new version, 80$ new
<no self promotion>
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
SquadG wrote: They released a new version, 80$ new
Got a link?

The only new product I see listed is the new Compact model: https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/18v-hand-v ... e-r860902b
which appears to be a bit smaller and has a brushed motor.

Update: I guess that's the one. Here's a Youtube comparison review:

Last edited by Scote64 on Jun 23rd, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oct 19, 2015
109 posts
133 upvotes
Québec
This bargain had been shared by someone else. I am sincerely sorry to have disturbed you. I will continue to watch and write nothing as usual.
Chewfam wrote: Ya I remember when you posted and shared that deal! :rolleyes:
Jul 31, 2009
516 posts
296 upvotes
Ottawa
Both ridgid's handheld vacuums are terrible for runtime and suction, especially if they're not empty. Plus they are loud.

It's better to get a vacuum made specifically for household use.

Alternatively, ridgid's X4 vac with a cyclone attachment (there are ebay equivalents) is the absolute best for suction and runtime (with multiple batteries)
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
nigre33 wrote: This bargain had been shared by someone else. I am sincerely sorry to have disturbed you. I will continue to watch and write nothing as usual.
Yeah I shared that deal just like I share this one today. It might be cold, but the price will drop so buy now and adjust later.
<no self promotion>

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)