[Home Depot] Ridgid Hybrid Folding Panel Light $24.96

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 9:59 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14927 posts
15824 upvotes
Oakville
codier wrote: It's actually not because of difference date format between Canada and USA. Some people have reversed the date format to match the USA standard but still got denied. So the conclusion is there is a glitch or bug between Ridgid and Homedepot system that no matter how you did you will never get it approved unless you e-mail/mail them the receipt.
They have no incentive to fix it as it means more people would be registering.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
engineered wrote: They have no incentive to fix it as it means more people would be registering.
Various Ridgid service reps have told me:

- The reason it takes 2 weeks initially is that their system is set to query the Home Depot system 3 times over a 2-week period to see if it can find your receipt. Then it sends you the "Action required" message saying you need to mail in your original receipt. These days it always seems to fail, but the reps don't know if it's the date format or something else that's the problem.

- Ridgid are aware that there's a problem, so most reps will process the LSA registration for you manually if you call in.

- Ridgid are supposedly working on altering their system to let you email the HD receipt at the time you first register.

If the stats from the Mail-In-Rebate industry are anything to go by, a typical percentage of people who successfully complete a post-purchase registration process would be about 15%. I do see quite a few people mention online that they didn't get the LSA because they didn't know they had to do something, or they didn't get around to it, or they lost their receipt, or they were frustrated by the process and gave up.

All the tool manufacturers try to lock you in to their tool line with proprietary batteries. Everyone knows the batteries are way overpriced (sort of like ink cartridges for in-jet printers, but not quite that bad). It seems that Ridgid has decided it's worth giving out free replacement batteries if it keeps you locked in to their tool line in future. If so, there's no reason why they would want to make the LSA process difficult, frustrating customers and driving them away so that they don't buy Ridgid next time.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
1094 posts
22 upvotes
OMG... this is exactly what I need. I actually need two of these for a project I'm working on - anyone have any for sale or bought extras?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2926 posts
1365 upvotes
West Coast
BiGGiEx3 wrote: OMG... this is exactly what I need. I actually need two of these for a project I'm working on - anyone have any for sale or bought extras?
I'd like to know the same thing lol. I am out west and willing to pay shipping and something for your troubles. PM me as able pls/ty
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1424 posts
448 upvotes
Richfields wrote: The tools have a 3-year warranty by default. Most of the Ridgid power tools/shop vacs etc... are eligible for their "Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA)". In order to get the LSA, you need to register within 90 days of purchase. You can do the initial registration online, but many of us have had to take the second step and submit the original receipt to Ridgid in order to active the LSA. This is mainly due to the dates being backwards on our Canadian receipts compared to their US online registration (DD/MM/YYYY vs MM/DD/YYYY, respectively).
I've registered in the past through the automated system and it worked. I just registered another item today in the system and there is a question that asks where you purchased the item and to click one of 3 country flags. Was this there when you guys submitted online? I'm trying to figure out if this was a response to all the issues that people have been reporting in this thread and maybe now they fixed it?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2926 posts
1365 upvotes
West Coast
majikstic wrote: I've registered in the past through the automated system and it worked. I just registered another item today in the system and there is a question that asks where you purchased the item and to click one of 3 country flags. Was this there when you guys submitted online? I'm trying to figure out if this was a response to all the issues that people have been reporting in this thread and maybe now they fixed it?
I clicked on the canadian flag each time I registered, and all of the last 3-4 have required additional information/receipt submission. I just bought one of their hand cannons this past week (rogue return, 21.96, YUS!) and registered it so will see how it goes.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Mar 4, 2005
35 posts
3 upvotes
Oakville
I just came back from the Oakville store on Cross st. and noticed that the price is now $109.00. I tried to price match using the posted receipt from Ajax but they wouldn't budge. I pointed out that the price is now $109 and they refunded me the original $129 and I repurchased it at the new amount. I hope the price continues to slide.
Aug 12, 2004
222 posts
27 upvotes
Given this thread is now a month old, does anyone have a current in store sign or receipt showing this price?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3352 posts
2176 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
glemlin wrote: Given this thread is now a month old, does anyone have a current in store sign or receipt showing this price?
I'd give up, if I were you. I've been into my local Home Disappointment 3-4 times a week since this thread surfaced, and the price has remained the same.
Dec 24, 2007
440 posts
113 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: I'd give up, if I were you. I've been into my local Home Disappointment 3-4 times a week since this thread surfaced, and the price has remained the same.
Same here I've tried 3 home depots in Hamilton different day different people no one will price match Ajax. Excuses like out of district, you have to go price match at the store you bought it. We don't have to price match clearances. They will match a competitor but not themselves, really frustrating.
Aug 12, 2004
222 posts
27 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: I'd give up, if I were you. I've been into my local Home Disappointment 3-4 times a week since this thread surfaced, and the price has remained the same.
I'm not looking for the price to drop at my local store but rather recent proof someone else has it cheap to price match. I got one price matched last month but they were rather reluctant and now see more stock there.
Dec 3, 2008
418 posts
63 upvotes
Hamilton
sorry price correction.
I got the folding light for 50off.... paid 79 at stonechurch couple weeks ago, will sell what I paid or am returning never opened. too big for my uses
Last edited by kevv on Oct 9th, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevv
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1424 posts
448 upvotes
kevv wrote: I got the folding light for 50off 79 at stonechurch couple weeks ago, will sell what I paid or am returning never opened. too big for my uses.
PMd... thanks
Jan 6, 2008
71 posts
9 upvotes
Richmond
For anyone still looking for these, I saw 3 back in stock in Richmond BC