Hot Deals

Home Depot

RIDGID March / April Promo -- Buy a Select RIDGID Tool, Get a FREE 2Ah/4Ah Starter Kit -- Ends May 18th

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2022 9:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5304 posts
924 upvotes
x-batman wrote: Seems like I made the right choice!

So I got the high torque with the 4ah battery.

I'm debating picking up this drill / impact drill kit: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001528346
along with the sub compact 3/8" impact wrench https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001528347

OR

Just the sub compact 1/2" impact wrench with free ah battery: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001598224

Debating on which one. I don't use drills too often where as I know for a fact the impact wrenches will be used a lot more.
if you don't already have a drill and driver, definitely get the first option. it is essentially $100 more for a drill, driver and an extra 2ah battery and bag.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1351 posts
929 upvotes
import_nation wrote: recently got the 1/2" subcompact with the free regular 2ah battery. it kind of sucks with the 2ah battery. struggled with some lug nuts on my summer only car.
I think im going to grab the 1/2 inch subcompact and try it on some lugs/caliper bolts and then decide. I was debating the 3/8 but I guess I can always just use an adapter to step down from the 1/2 to 3/8

I already have max output batteries so I'll try it with those and return the lithium.
Oct 10, 2006
79 posts
50 upvotes
Canada
bpcrally wrote: Is that the lithium or max output battery?
The batteries in this promo are not the max output batteries.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1351 posts
929 upvotes
I noticed the battery terminals on the sub compact 1/2 inch appear to just be for the normal battery, it doesn't have the terminals on the sides. I wonder if max output would even offer any benefit to this tool over the regular lithium?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7848 posts
7999 upvotes
bpcrally wrote: I noticed the battery terminals on the sub compact 1/2 inch appear to just be for the normal battery, it doesn't have the terminals on the sides. I wonder if max output would even offer any benefit to this tool over the regular lithium?
I think you're right. The octane circular saw and octane torque gun both have the extra terminals (which the basic battery doesn't have), yet the inflator doesn't have the extra terminals.
Jul 16, 2008
162 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
ThunderToast wrote: Has anyone tried this to get the battery packs for free? I imagine they wouldn't let you return the tool without returning the battery
This is not possible. The bill will show a discounted return price for the item and the free item. So if you return the tool only you would not get full price back for it. I guess you would get the battery at a reduced cost but likely not worth it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5304 posts
924 upvotes
Is the angle grinder just new packaging for the old octane angle grinder?

Went to pick up the angle grinder today and saw the old octane and the new "brushless" that didn't say octane on it.

Model # was the same. The new packaging mentioned to use with max output batteries to get max performance vs the old octane packaging of course says to use octane batteries.

I am assuming it is just new packaging to support the newer batteries rather than the discontinued octane batteries.

I ended up getting the "old" packaging instead just incase since I currently have octane batteries.

Anyone know what is the difference between octane and max output batteries aside from the bluetooth?
Mar 22, 2012
270 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
bpcrally wrote: I can't believe nobody has mentioned battery adapters!

I personally invested in rigid because of their lifetime service agreement on tools and batteries. I also bought a battery adapter that allows me to use my rigid batteries in ryobi tools, so it's the best of both worlds without having to carry 2 sets of batteries and chargers. I can pick up deals from either brand and also leverage ryobi's extensive line up..

If you're debating between the 2, grab a rigid set or tool with the free battery promo. Then get the rigid to ryobi battery adapter. @SquadG here on RFD makes them and many on here have bought from him.
which battery adapter did you get for the ridgid to ryobi tool?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1162 posts
1156 upvotes
Kingston
azncapcom wrote: Is the angle grinder just new packaging for the old octane angle grinder?

Went to pick up the angle grinder today and saw the old octane and the new "brushless" that didn't say octane on it.

Model # was the same. The new packaging mentioned to use with max output batteries to get max performance vs the old octane packaging of course says to use octane batteries.

I am assuming it is just new packaging to support the newer batteries rather than the discontinued octane batteries.

I ended up getting the "old" packaging instead just incase since I currently have octane batteries.

Anyone know what is the difference between octane and max output batteries aside from the bluetooth?
Google/YouTube is your friend for this. The max output are as good/better than the old octane batteries minus the BT.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1351 posts
929 upvotes
Dbang86 wrote: which battery adapter did you get for the ridgid to ryobi tool?
Contact @SquadG here on RFD. He makes them and ships them out. Mine works great.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1351 posts
929 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: Is the angle grinder just new packaging for the old octane angle grinder?

I'm not totally sure, but I can you that I have the new grinder and the battery terminal states it's optional to use with octane batteries. So I think you're right.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2016
1093 posts
321 upvotes
hello fellow..
noob question here
I got high impact wrench and inflator too.did registration for both.now do I have to register for batteries separately which came free with impact wrench for LSA?
thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1462 posts
1049 upvotes
frendzpz wrote: hello fellow..
noob question here
I got high impact wrench and inflator too.did registration for both.now do I have to register for batteries separately which came free with impact wrench for LSA?
thanks.
Yes they're seperate, make sure you register them soon
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2016
1093 posts
321 upvotes
paintballdude05 wrote: Yes they're seperate, make sure you register them soon
thanks
I tried to register battery(free with wrench) model R86093.but it docent accept.
any help.thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1462 posts
1049 upvotes
frendzpz wrote: thanks
I tried to register battery(free with wrench) model R86093.but it docent accept.
any help.thanks.
You register it seperate from the impact. You'll have to find the kit number on the original packaging or on the HD website and use that to register it. Don't forget the charger if you got one.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1351 posts
929 upvotes
x-batman wrote: Seems like I made the right choice!

So I got the high torque with the 4ah battery.

I'm debating picking up this drill / impact drill kit: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001528346
along with the sub compact 3/8" impact wrench https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001528347

OR

Just the sub compact 1/2" impact wrench with free ah battery: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001598224

Debating on which one. I don't use drills too often where as I know for a fact the impact wrenches will be used a lot more.
So I picked up the 1/2" and tried it on a couple things on my car with a 2ah max output battery (I don't think max output has any benefit on this tool though). My lugs were tq to 95 and it blasted them off no issue. I also tried my rusted caliper and pin bolts and it zipped them off like it was nothing. Very impressed with this little tool
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1383 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
I should grab some 2ah max output batteries to give it a try. I tried again yesterday with a fully charged regular 2ah battery and it took forever to remove lug nuts. Does home depot ever put batteries on sale?
kthxbye
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5304 posts
924 upvotes
import_nation wrote: I should grab some 2ah max output batteries to give it a try. I tried again yesterday with a fully charged regular 2ah battery and it took forever to remove lug nuts. Does home depot ever put batteries on sale?
maybe get one of the other tools that comes with the 4ah kit?

angle grinder is a great price with the 4ah kit.

anyone try the compact blower? wondering if it's good enough for drying the car after washing.
Jan 10, 2006
638 posts
481 upvotes
bpcrally wrote: So I picked up the 1/2" and tried it on a couple things on my car with a 2ah max output battery (I don't think max output has any benefit on this tool though). My lugs were tq to 95 and it blasted them off no issue. I also tried my rusted caliper and pin bolts and it zipped them off like it was nothing. Very impressed with this little tool
Glad it worked out well for you. I'm still confused how frequently some are impressed with this subcompact's power while several others complain about it being underpowered or unable to remove lug nuts.