Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Ridgid and Ryobi charged up event starting August 5th!!! Free Battery with Select tools. Ends October 3rd 2021

Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
2145 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto
jeeva86 wrote: Return failed at Barrhaven FYI. Don’t bother if it’s a 30s female.
Same issue with me at Heartland in Mississauga last year. 30's female called me a criminal and that I was stealing money.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
7224 posts
1315 upvotes
Ottawa
solo. wrote: Same issue with me at Heartland in Mississauga last year. 30's female called me a criminal and that I was stealing money.
My girl chuckled, “sir you can’t just keep the grinder and return the battery”, I was like oh. Hopefully it gets sold on Kijiji
May 12, 2004
868 posts
129 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: My girl chuckled, “sir you can’t just keep the grinder and return the battery”, I was like oh. Hopefully it gets sold on Kijiji
Did you return by using your credit card only without the receipt? Much easier overall for all returns to HD, not just for this promo to return separate items.
Apr 4, 2006
32 posts
8 upvotes
As much as I wanted to hate Ryobi because it isn’t a contractor grade tool and doesn’t match my other stuff, I’ve started buying their more niche tools for stuff I use once in a while.

I bought a hammer drill + brad nailer + 4ah battery combo for $150 on some RFD impulse a couple years ago. I use the drill for stuff I don’t want to mess up my good tools with, and the brad nailer works pretty well and is great when you don’t want to bust out the compressor. The tools are OK and they don’t last under construction conditions, but they’ve replaced the battery twice and the drill once with zero hassle.

I think I’ll grab the inflator and a trim router this time around if I can return the batteries Smirking Face
Jun 14, 2011
301 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
gonzo_ja wrote: I think I’ll grab the inflator and a trim router this time around if I can return the batteries Smirking Face
I thought the inflator wasn't part of the sale? I picked it up for $60 during Ryobi days.

I got the trim router on August 5th on a semi-whim. I've wanted a router for a while but wasn't really planning to buy one. I never even stopped to look at bits, I was just thinking they were $5-10 each; I was wrong. Can you recommend any bits for it? There's the Ryobi set for $60, but they say to cut 1/8" per pass and everywhere I read about routers they recommend 1/4" per pass which makes me think the Ryobi ones are low quality.
Oct 15, 2020
106 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
Might've lost my start key / fuse key for my 18V Ryobi lawnmower (P1100A). Any suggestions for replacement?

So far I've found a key on Amazon for $24 but not sure if it'll work with my model (P1100). Thanks in advance for any help!
Apr 11, 2021
15 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
Still waiting for a Ridgid "buy a combo kit get a free bare tool" promo... haven't seen one yet this year?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5810 posts
3335 upvotes
Toronto
redkarlkarl wrote: Might've lost my start key / fuse key for my 18V Ryobi lawnmower (P1100A). Any suggestions for replacement?

So far I've found a key on Amazon for $24 but not sure if it'll work with my model (P1100). Thanks in advance for any help!
It looks like key closes two female terminals. Grab a piece a wire and put it on both ends of the terminals on the Ryobi mower to see if it works. If so, you can just buy 2 male terminals and crimp on both ends of the wire and when not in use, pull on one end of the wire.
Jan 27, 2007
304 posts
43 upvotes
no mans land
so people are having trouble returning the free battery to home depot? i don't really need the extra battery and don't want to deal with kijiji/market place.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1339 posts
2499 upvotes
meh_33333 wrote: so people are having trouble returning the free battery to home depot? i don't really need the extra battery and don't want to deal with kijiji/market place.
Depends on your local store. My HD has never had an issue with returning batteries.
Dec 20, 2006
164 posts
72 upvotes
I purchased 2 tools a few weeks ago and successfully returned two batteries this evening for a refund of $171...there was hesitation saying I need to return everything but I asked her to scan it since the digital receipt shows a return value...she had to get the manager ...10 min later the manager told her over the phone to try to scan the return...and it worked.

Purchased in Cambridge.
Dec 14, 2004
181 posts
38 upvotes
SquadG wrote: You slide the adapter on the Ridgid battery and then you slide the adapter in the Ryobi tool. Once done, you take it out. It locks into the battery and in the tool.

Made in PETG and uses OEM connectors for the Ridgid part and pure copper for the Ryobi connectors.

I do ship.
Off-Topic
@SquadG is is possible to charge the Ridgid battery using a Ryobi charger while the battery is connected to the Ryobi adapter?

Thanks,

-dvdrat
Dec 16, 2017
138 posts
83 upvotes
dvdrat wrote: is is possible to charge the Ridgid battery using a Ryobi charger while the battery is connected to the Ryobi adapter?
My understanding is that you can't since the Ryobi chargers lack the 2 extra terminals that Ridgid batteries have.
[OP]
Dec 20, 2010
265 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa
dvdrat wrote: Off-Topic
@SquadG is is possible to charge the Ridgid battery using a Ryobi charger while the battery is connected to the Ryobi adapter?

Thanks,

-dvdrat
Even if you could I wouldn't do it as the chargers may not have the same electronics to talk to monitor the battery.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2845 posts
2144 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: Return failed at Barrhaven FYI. Don’t bother if it’s a 30s female.
Then return everything, including the already open tool ;)
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Sep 28, 2009
253 posts
159 upvotes
returned successfully at Heartland. avoided the older ladies and went straight to the younger fellow.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2824 posts
2941 upvotes
Montreal
dvdrat wrote: Off-Topic

Thanks,

-dvdrat
No its not possible. And I wont recommend.
I make Ridgid to Ryobi Adapter and other adapters from Ridgid as well
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1316 posts
930 upvotes
Not sure if it's been posted yet or not. For those hoping to buy the grease gun online, rebuy in store, and return the starter kits, it won't work. The grease gun isn't in the stores system (online only) and they don't do the transaction.

On another note, the grease gun is great!
Nov 6, 2002
121 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal
I was able to rebuy in store 3 weeks ago (I got the grease gun before the promo, asked price match with promo, since it was online, support told me to go in store. When to store and they did it. Returned the battery in another store)
paintballdude05 wrote: Not sure if it's been posted yet or not. For those hoping to buy the grease gun online, rebuy in store, and return the starter kits, it won't work. The grease gun isn't in the stores system (online only) and they don't do the transaction.

On another note, the grease gun is great!
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1316 posts
930 upvotes
bbb0bbb wrote: I was able to rebuy in store 3 weeks ago (I got the grease gun before the promo, asked price match with promo, since it was online, support told me to go in store. When to store and they did it. Returned the battery in another store)
Maybe it was just because my store doesn't stock them? I tried twice, and no dice.