Hot Deals

Home Depot

Ridgid and Ryobi charged up event starting August 5th!!! Free Battery with Select tools. Ends October 3rd 2021

Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
7177 posts
1290 upvotes
Ottawa
djredhat wrote: Then return everything, including the already open tool ;)
Too much work and I want the tool. Ended up selling the battery kit for $40 on kj.
Nov 24, 2012
5 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
No issues buying bare tools and returning the "free" battery starter kit at the Vancouver, Cambie location for the marked Return Value.

Made 2 separate transactions for the panel light and jig saw. After purchase I just walked immediately over to customer service and made the returns.

For Octane branded items in the promotion, I think it's a toss-up if better to wait for those items to be cleared out (Octane line is dead) or get them now with the battery kit savings. The current savings was good enough for me to complement what I needed in addition to a drill/driver kit.
Apr 4, 2006
32 posts
8 upvotes
Oracle1729 wrote: I thought the inflator wasn't part of the sale? I picked it up for $60 during Ryobi days.
True - I guess it's next...
Oracle1729 wrote: I got the trim router on August 5th on a semi-whim. I've wanted a router for a while but wasn't really planning to buy one. I never even stopped to look at bits, I was just thinking they were $5-10 each; I was wrong. Can you recommend any bits for it? There's the Ryobi set for $60, but they say to cut 1/8" per pass and everywhere I read about routers they recommend 1/4" per pass which makes me think the Ryobi ones are low quality.
Router bits are the thing you don't want to skimp on if you're working with anything you're staining. I tend to get Freud or better for hardwoods. For softwoods and poplar, there's a CT Mastercraft 36 piece set that looks pretty alright. I got a cheapo Mastercraft Maximum set about 10 years ago on clearance and they're still fine for anything paint grade.

Remember that speed is important. Too slow and you tear your piece, too fast and you can burn. It depends on the wood as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1818 posts
713 upvotes
Toronto
No issues immediately returning the battery today purchased with the Ryobi work light.

Dropped the light off at my car, walked back to customer service and asked to return the battery. Showed them my CC instead of the receipt.
Jul 26, 2020
6 posts
9 upvotes
They partially refunded the batteries (lists max refund value on the receipt), so the router comes to about $65.
May 27, 2007
15857 posts
3558 upvotes
Toronto
The Ryobi belt sander (model PSD101B) is back down to $99 with the free battery pack - https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001602066
Return value on battery is $47.14, bringing the tool only cost to $51.86 + taxes. Bought one and no issues returning the battery during the same visit.

The handheld sprayer also dropped down to $99, i would imagine the return value is similar - https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001580912
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Oct 19, 2016
29 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
I had been planning to buy the 10" cordless orbital buffer - https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001021771

Model # P435|Store SKU # 1001021771

It had been showing at $39.98 online but seems that might have been a pricing error because it jumped to $65.98 today. I thought it was a regular price and my local store hs 27 pcs so didn't rush to buy but was shocked to find it at $65.98 today.

Any chance anyone has a screen cap of that at the older price? I am hoping I could get an in store price match to the lower price...

EDIT - it's all good, local store manager will honor the price for me Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Aug 11, 2011
526 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
So I just bought the 18V 8" Pruning Saw and the 18V 8" Pole Saw - question - do i need both? lol. I'd rather have the pole saw for the reach - can the pole saw also double down as a regular pruning chainsaw? Easy to handle etc.

TIA
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1350 posts
1194 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
MikeTO2 wrote: So I just bought the 18V 8" Pruning Saw and the 18V 8" Pole Saw - question - do i need both? lol. I'd rather have the pole saw for the reach - can the pole saw also double down as a regular pruning chainsaw? Easy to handle etc.

TIA
You can use the pole saw that way, but I do not recommend it for safety reasons. I have the pole saw and Ryobi's 12" 18V chain saw. The pole saw is very useful for high branches, but it is not designed to be held safely for close-up work. Even with the shorter bar, you still need to be careful about kickback and you cannot hold the pole saw properly to minimize that risk. If you're really looking to only have one tool, you may want to consider something like Sun Joe's convertible pole saw:

2-in-1 8-inch 8 Amp Electric Convertible Pole Chain Saw

It is not cordless, but it is much safer for what you've described. That being said, while the Ryobi pruning saw is useful, you can also get essentially the same function by putting an inexpensive pruning blade on a reciprocating saw:

Diablo 9-inch 5 TPI Reciprocating Saw Blade for Pruning
Aug 11, 2011
526 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
tvisforme wrote: You can use the pole saw that way, but I do not recommend it for safety reasons. I have the pole saw and Ryobi's 12" 18V chain saw. The pole saw is very useful for high branches, but it is not designed to be held safely for close-up work. Even with the shorter bar, you still need to be careful about kickback and you cannot hold the pole saw properly to minimize that risk. If you're really looking to only have one tool, you may want to consider something like Sun Joe's convertible pole saw:

2-in-1 8-inch 8 Amp Electric Convertible Pole Chain Saw

It is not cordless, but it is much safer for what you've described. That being said, while the Ryobi pruning saw is useful, you can also get essentially the same function by putting an inexpensive pruning blade on a reciprocating saw:

Diablo 9-inch 5 TPI Reciprocating Saw Blade for Pruning
Ok that makes sense, thanks!

So If you were only to get 2 tools, you would do the pole saw and the reciprocating saw (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... ?rrec=true) ?
Nov 9, 2013
534 posts
144 upvotes
Anyone know if the 8 in. Pruning Saw could handle cutting down a Christmas tree once a year?