• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2009 7:17 pm
[OP]
Sep 24, 2008
714 posts
321 upvotes
Oakville

[Home Depot] Home Depot Ridgid/Ryobi Tools upto 50% off

I was just at the Heartland [rfdlink=87]Home Depot[/rfdlink] this evening and noticed that they had a sale on some Ridgid and Ryobi tools upto 50% off. In particular, I noticed they had:

Ridgid TS3650 table saw on sale for $499 (reg $599)
Ridgid 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw for $399 (reg $599)

I noticed they had a bunch of other sales on drill kits...but I wasn't too interested in those.

I was waiting for the TS3650 table saw to go on sale...does anyone know if this is a good price? Or should I wait for a better sale?
157 replies
Nov 14, 2003
101 posts
That's a very good price. I bough mine about 4 years ago for $599 and I haven't regretted it. The TS3650 is the best table saw under $1000 and is better than many that are $1000+.

Keep in mind though, that the new TS3650 (with granite top and riving knife) is coming out soon, but will most liking come out at $800+ (that's a guess).
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
I have been looking at this saw for a while too...finally pull the trigger today...Spent 4 hours on assembling it so far...still not done yet...had to call it a day because it's already 1:45am...lol :D :D :D

So far...I found the built quality of this saw is great...can't wait to power it up! :)

Thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12099 posts
3420 upvotes
DAMN IT!!! And it's payday! There goes some more $$$ on unneeded tools!!!
Banned
Feb 4, 2009
45 posts
I can confirm that Scarborough does have the Ridgid tools on sale. The prices look fairly good, as stated up to 50% off
[OP]
Sep 24, 2008
714 posts
321 upvotes
Oakville
virgoan wrote: I have been looking at this saw for a while too...finally pull the trigger today...Spent 4 hours on assembling it so far...still not done yet...had to call it a day because it's already 1:45am...lol :D :D :D

So far...I found the built quality of this saw is great...can't wait to power it up! :)

Thanks OP!
Did you get it for $499? I just saw another post from a guy in Winnipeg that said it was reg $549 minus $100 at their local home depot. I assumed all hd's would have consistent pricing. I'm going to check out another one before I pull the trigger.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
clementma wrote: Did you get it for $499? I just saw another post from a guy in Winnipeg that said it was reg $549 minus $100 at their local home depot. I assumed all hd's would have consistent pricing. I'm going to check out another one before I pull the trigger.
I got it for $499...called a few stores in the GTA...all of them are $499..
[OP]
Sep 24, 2008
714 posts
321 upvotes
Oakville
virgoan wrote: I got it for $499...called a few stores in the GTA...all of them are $499..
Agreed - I called a few also and they are all $499...I think the other post was about the "portable" foldup Ridgid table saw on sale for $449...not the Cast Iron one. I'm going to pick it up tonight.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
clementma wrote: Agreed - I called a few also and they are all $499...I think the other post was about the "portable" foldup Ridgid table saw on sale for $449...not the Cast Iron one. I'm going to pick it up tonight.
That's great! maybe we can compare pictures afterward :D

I am having a little trouble adjusting the Herc-U-Lift...the instruction for assembling that Herc-U-Lift is a POS.
Dec 30, 2007
844 posts
41 upvotes
virgoan wrote: I have been looking at this saw for a while too...finally pull the trigger today...Spent 4 hours on assembling it so far...still not done yet...had to call it a day because it's already 1:45am...lol :D :D :D

Thanks OP!
You talking about the table saw or the mitre saw? It took me 15 minutes to put my ryobi bt3000 together (legs only) and no assembly required on my DW717......(great 14" x cut capacity).
The Cheaper the better
Jan 27, 2009
22 posts
1 upvote
Yeah the one I bought was the portable saw. The heavy one was $499, but that is not a good job site saw. lol. A nice garage/workshop saw.
Jun 17, 2008
25 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OP i picked up a 5 pc X3 combo kit for 399, and the dual bevel 12" mitre for 199 w/ stand for 149

i guess they are selling the older (but still lithium) 4pc combo kits for 399 as well.. just have very limited stock on the 5pc x3's
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
MrCheap wrote: You talking about the table saw or the mitre saw? It took me 15 minutes to put my ryobi bt3000 together (legs only) and no assembly required on my DW717......(great 14" x cut capacity).
I was talking about the Ridgid Table saw (TS3650)...it comes in a million pieces...like a puzzle! Seriously tho...it's not hard to assemble it...it's just very time consuming because there are so much parts to adjust to make it prefect...

And their technical terms doesn't help either...but it's an awesome saw! so quiet and smooth operation...once everything is true and all of the alignment is just right...it's fantastic! it cuts the wood so nice and true...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7487 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
darkkith wrote: Thanks OP i picked up a 5 pc X3 combo kit for 399, and the dual bevel 12" mitre for 199 w/ stand for 149

i guess they are selling the older (but still lithium) 4pc combo kits for 399 as well.. just have very limited stock on the 5pc x3's
Is the dual bevel for 149 a slider saw, or just a chop saw? Do you have a link?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7487 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
darkkith wrote: Thanks OP i picked up a 5 pc X3 combo kit for 399, and the dual bevel 12" mitre for 199 w/ stand for 149

Is the dual bevel for 149 a slider saw, or just a chop saw? Do you have a link? Can't see it on the site for that price, just one at 449.
Jun 17, 2008
25 posts
1 upvote
Inno wrote: Is the dual bevel for 149 a slider saw, or just a chop saw? Do you have a link? Can't see it on the site for that price, just one at 449.
Yup thats the saw, its reg. 449, but on for 199

this is the 5pc combo for 399

and here's the stand for 149
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1900 posts
84 upvotes
darkkith wrote: Yup thats the saw, its reg. 449, but on for 199

this is the 5pc combo for 399

and here's the stand for 149
what does dual bevel mean?

Does anyone know the best price on a sliding mitre saw there?
[OP]
Sep 24, 2008
714 posts
321 upvotes
Oakville
scoop wrote: what does dual bevel mean?

Does anyone know the best price on a sliding mitre saw there?
I believe a dual bevel means that the saw can angle to the right or to the left...which is handy so you don't have to keep flipping pieces of wood around and calculating reverse angles.

I bought the Ridgid 12" Compound Sliding Dual Bevel Mitre saw last year and its a great saw. I paid $600 last year. Its on sale right now for $399...

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stor ... PartNumber
[OP]
Sep 24, 2008
714 posts
321 upvotes
Oakville
virgoan wrote: That's great! maybe we can compare pictures afterward :D

I am having a little trouble adjusting the Herc-U-Lift...the instruction for assembling that Herc-U-Lift is a POS.
Virgoan - not sure if you finished assembling your Herc-U-Lift...but I found this article that might help:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15249

It mentions loosening the bolts on the frame to help align the bolts.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)