• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2022 4:44 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
1460 posts
242 upvotes
Calgary
SquadG wrote: Only the bench tools: planner, big saws, table saw, etc
So like the other poster said should I buy a mitre saw now? Saw the 12” on clearance regular $348 for $248. Better to jump on the LSA before they get rid of it?
Nov 23, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
Bedford, NS
What is the sku on that oscillating tool?
Last edited by ScottU on Feb 11th, 2022 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
Bedford, NS
They have the oscillating tool online for $129.00, will they price match it in store for the $59 price, if you buy it online and go into the store for pick up? Great deal!
Feb 23, 2004
462 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
It looked like buying online from Home Depot without picking-up in-store was like buying from another company (homedepote.ca), which most likely had a higher pricing !
Apr 9, 2006
629 posts
237 upvotes
Checkout the one near garden and Taunton in Whitby. Saw it wed. Call them up.
WalletNotSafe wrote: All I want is a new tabesaw and those never get clearance priced. I feel like TTI just takes the old stock back, parts them into the new saws and sells them again.
Feb 13, 2021
274 posts
275 upvotes
chrisanthony14 wrote: I've NEVER seen deals like these at morningside HD :(
There SLEEPING!
You were there sleeping? Don't they kick you out at closing time?
Feb 20, 2008
514 posts
682 upvotes
Look for the Gen5x and Octane clearances. I personally think Ridgid is done, and that TTI is concentrating more on Milwaukee M18.

I could be wrong, but I got a bunch of the clearance Octane batteries(and registered) and I'm picking up my remaining wish list of quirky tools like the planer and belt sander.

Otherwise, I think Ridgid cordless peaked with the Octane line. Appears downhill from here, which is unfortunate since I've been a Ridgid user for over 16 years

Milwaukee M18/M12 seems to be generating more excitement for me, but YMMV....
Feb 13, 2021
274 posts
275 upvotes
The Ridgid 6.5 inch 18V circular saw (tool only, special buy at $99) seems to be available almost everywhere.

Is this a good deal? Any downside to the smaller diameter of the blade other than not interchangeable with 7.25 in. blades and less depth of cut ? SKU 1001632211
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7497 posts
1456 upvotes
Toronto
BenKlaar wrote: The Ridgid 6.5 inch 18V circular saw (tool only, special buy at $99) seems to be available almost everywhere.

Is this a good deal? Any downside to the smaller diameter of the blade other than not interchangeable with 7.25 in. blades and less depth of cut ? SKU 1001632211
It's the basic brushed version, right?

I think you could have gotten it for this price or less with the battery kit return earlier in the winter.
Feb 13, 2021
274 posts
275 upvotes
Yes, not brushless. Getting out the time machine now...

There is one advantage to motors with brushes: They purify the air slightly with the ozone that they emit. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

I'm not a tradesman..er, I mean trades-person (beg my pardon Justin) and still use a 20 yr old Ridgid drill that uses ni-cad batteries (ni-cads replaced once under wty) that still works fine, so brushless is not a big deal for me. But, if $99 is not a deal, it's a no-go for me.
Oct 30, 2009
98 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
As long as Ridgid has the life time warranty, I do not think the line is done. Tools are OK for light duty use and homeowners. The Milwaukee is the Commercial Trades brand line and those that want the better tools.

tinmack wrote: Look for the Gen5x and Octane clearances. I personally think Ridgid is done, and that TTI is concentrating more on Milwaukee M18.

I could be wrong, but I got a bunch of the clearance Octane batteries(and registered) and I'm picking up my remaining wish list of quirky tools like the planer and belt sander.

Otherwise, I think Ridgid cordless peaked with the Octane line. Appears downhill from here, which is unfortunate since I've been a Ridgid user for over 16 years

Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11479 posts
6660 upvotes
Paris
tinmack wrote: Look for the Gen5x and Octane clearances. I personally think Ridgid is done, and that TTI is concentrating more on Milwaukee M18.

Ridgid still holds a valuable place in the TTI lineup and still brings in a huge market share and bottom line. I don’t think its going anywhere. Yes Milwaukee will have more innovation as TTI owns it outright vs the licensing fees they pay for Ridgid (to Emerson) and Ryobi (to Ryobi Japan).
Oct 19, 2018
46 posts
65 upvotes
Simcoe Area

I had similar thoughts - BUT, Rigid has introduced some pretty nice new stuff for 2021/2022 including the sub-compact line. They have also made the change to Delta for the manufacturing of their new line of table saws, mitre saws, planers, etc. It isn't available in Canada yet but is on their website and available from US Home Depots. The Delta made stuff looks awesome!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7497 posts
1456 upvotes
Toronto
MrFrugal1 wrote: My guess is these are the bare tools that would have been paired with the free battery event. Perhaps the store got more tools than batteries.
The bare tools were mostly Octane I think...
Jan 12, 2016
19 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got the Ryobi table saw on rolling stand at St. Catharines for 179. Hit and miss I guess.