• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2018 9:39 pm
[OP]
Dec 31, 2010
397 posts
420 upvotes
Montreal

[Home Depot] Ridgid Wet/Dry vacuum 14gal. 6HP 129$

I'm looking for a wet and dry vacuum and still can't decide which one I want!

Can't find a price history on this, but I'm tempted.

wd1450

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.53-l ... 85535.html

You think this is a fair price or I should wait for lower?

Is there a way to see an expiry date on the deal? Can't seem to find it (mobile)
11 replies
Feb 7, 2010
246 posts
48 upvotes
Kingston
I bought the black Friday rigid shop face and honestly it is amazing. Just bought a new house and doing painting and sanding. Cleaned up everything like a charm.
Jan 4, 2013
541 posts
182 upvotes
I can't remember if I have the 5 or 6 HP version but things a beast, wouldn't trade it for anything. I have done so many renos and the thing has just kept working like a dog day in and day out.
Jun 17, 2012
50 posts
83 upvotes
Lavaltrie, QC
spdecoste wrote: This thing looks huge! Do you own one?

I need one soon, I guess I'll grab one and pray for a price protection possibility
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I have one. It isn't bigger than my previous shopvac, but it's probably in the biggest shopvac out there.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3729 posts
2703 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
BlackShaman wrote: Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I have one. It isn't bigger than my previous shopvac, but it's probably in the biggest shopvac out there.
Don't fall for the "bigger is better" vacuum thing. It's one of my pet peeves, along with 'penis envy' sized mitre saws.
I use both regularly, and I can attest to the pitfalls of both.
A massive vacuum can be a PITA not only in use, but in storage. You don't need a big friggin' obstacle in your work area. Sweep the area, then vacuum up the rest.
Nov 11, 2006
223 posts
127 upvotes
East Kootenays
Bought this one several years ago for $180 and it's great. The ability to use a bag while filter is in place is a very handy option too. Not the smallest kid on the block but versatile.
Apr 7, 2014
184 posts
120 upvotes
Kirkland, QC
Bought it 7 years ago for $188. Best vacuum.
Mar 7, 2011
675 posts
472 upvotes
Winnipeg
MrFrugal1 wrote: Don't fall for the "bigger is better" vacuum thing. It's one of my pet peeves, along with 'penis envy' sized mitre saws.
I use both regularly, and I can attest to the pitfalls of both.
A massive vacuum can be a PITA not only in use, but in storage. You don't need a big friggin' obstacle in your work area. Sweep the area, then vacuum up the rest.

That is not what she said
Jan 20, 2015
120 posts
74 upvotes
East York, ON
I'm pretty sure I've seen this vac for around $80 a couple years ago. HD seems to do periodic clearing of rigid vacs, maybe they update the same models and clear out the older versions. I've got a 12 gallon model that I paid $25 for. You can get better deals if you're not in a hurry.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3233 posts
1741 upvotes
West Coast
I bought the beastly one during the last big sale and it's awesome. It is freaking big though.

For those looking at filter bags, powertech makes Ridgid compatible ones and they're half the price. Here's a link of one of their styles for searching reference. They make em for all sorts of sizes and fit well.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B014RUG51 ... ref=plSrch
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers