Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Rigid 18v 2ah starter kit - $36.96

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 11:37 am
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1826 posts
1082 upvotes
Kitchener
bkushner wrote:
Apple uses lightning because it is a lot better than USB was. They should standardize these batteries as an Industry standard.
They use the lightning connector and changed it so often to make money licensing it to others. Think it was like 8$ they made per product from Belkin and other. That was just so those companies could make accessories.... That the real reason why.

Could they move to usb c? Yes... Will they? Not completely since its cuts into their revenue model.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 25, 2010
884 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
jackass_ca wrote: LSA. The batteries must have been at least 8 yrs old. I hardly used the drill, I bought the Ridgid drill with 2 batteries, years ago.. it was a great deal, can't remember how cheap... Then after buying that unit, I bought the cordless planer, takes the same batteries.

Here ya go... bought it 10 yrs ago...
merged-hd-ridgid-18v-drill-case-2-batte ... -a-448817/
thanks for the update. Just curious, did you have the register issue back to 10 years ago?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 6, 2005
11523 posts
2941 upvotes
codier wrote: thanks for the update. Just curious, did you have the register issue back to 10 years ago?
I do remember there being some issues, I sent all the info in, I think I tried to register online, I had to make a phonecall or 2 to get it all registered, but it was nothing to do with the items themselves, it was the online page. I registered the batteries, the charger and the drill all separately. Received confirmation with certificate in the mail. I do think it shows online too still.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 25, 2010
884 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
jackass_ca wrote: I do remember there being some issues, I sent all the info in, I think I tried to register online, I had to make a phonecall or 2 to get it all registered, but it was nothing to do with the items themselves, it was the online page. I registered the batteries, the charger and the drill all separately. Received confirmation with certificate in the mail. I do think it shows online too still.
alright then. issues never end. lol
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3643 posts
1952 upvotes
For someone like me that can sometimes go several months without using their Ridgid tools/batteries, is it a good idea to discharge and recharge the batteries every now and then or just let them sit at full charge?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7722 posts
1603 upvotes
The manual recommends over 30 days storage to leave them at 30%-50% charged. Every 6 mos, charge them as normal.

I usually take a break over winter so I use the 50% charged method myself.

Generally, to make Li-Ion last, don't ever let them drain to 0% by usage or storage.
SizzleChest wrote: For someone like me that can sometimes go several months without using their Ridgid tools/batteries, is it a good idea to discharge and recharge the batteries every now and then or just let them sit at full charge?
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2079 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
hdom wrote: The manual recommends over 30 days storage to leave them at 30%-50% charged. Every 6 mos, charge them as normal.

I usually take a break over winter so I use the 50% charged method myself.

Generally, to make Li-Ion last, don't ever let them drain to 0% by usage or storage.
umm interesting, thanks for the tips. No wonder the new battery level is always around 50%.

i am managed to get 1 in local HD. thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2079 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
just out of curiosity, anyone spots the 4ah on clearance tag?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7110 posts
1174 upvotes
Toronto
woolo wrote: just out of curiosity, anyone spots the 4ah on clearance tag?
Was at 3 stores around GTA last few days. No clearance on the 4.0 starter kit, still $199.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 25, 2010
884 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
Does anyone registered their kit yet?
I found out mine kit neither the charger nor the battery's model number match the online one.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7110 posts
1174 upvotes
Toronto
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
codier wrote: Does anyone registered their kit yet?
I found out mine kit neither the charger nor the battery's model number match the online one.
Since it's a "kit" there should be a model no. for the entire kit on the box. Search by that model no. and you can then enter the serial nos. for each component.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 25, 2010
884 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
Inno wrote: Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Since it's a "kit" there should be a model no. for the entire kit on the box. Search by that model no. and you can then enter the serial nos. for each component.
Yup. when you register for the component's serial number there is a model number for each individual component.
Member
Jul 31, 2009
484 posts
257 upvotes
Ottawa
saw the 4ah battery + charger kit at south keys HD for $100, no stock though. You'd get LSA, but only a warm deal.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7110 posts
1174 upvotes
Toronto
oujifye wrote: saw the 4ah battery + charger kit at south keys HD for $100, no stock though. You'd get LSA, but only a warm deal.
Yeah, warm only. The 4.0 battery's worth about $100 full retail imo. So if you don't really need an extra charger no point buying at this price.

$36 for the kit with a 2.0 battery is much hotter if you can find it.
Newbie
Jul 25, 2017
79 posts
62 upvotes
Calgary AB
4ah kit is now 49 something
Images
  • 47AF68A2-2049-47CD-B13B-D8F51553FF4C.jpeg
  • D926869D-26CB-4140-99E7-9A92E63DF13E.jpeg
  • 80951DF8-2A08-4061-9F12-84FA734DF5A6.jpeg
Last edited by vlkle73 on Oct 4th, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top