[Home Depot] Rigid 18v 2ah starter kit - $36.96

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 11:37 am
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
$50 for the 4 amp-hour starter kit would be worth it, especially since you should get the LSA if it's a kit.

You can get 4ah Ridgid-compatible clone batteries from Amazon.com for US$40, but that's about the cheapest regular price.

Of course in their usual demented pricing scheme Amazon.ca offers the Ridgid 4ah battery for $794!
https://www.amazon.ca/Ridgid-Advanced-L ... ef=sr_1_25
Apr 12, 2015
52 posts
15 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
@ vlkle73, pls confi6location those pictures were taken.

Thank you in advance.
Jul 25, 2017
79 posts
62 upvotes
Calgary AB
Calgary 130 ave se. They have 6 left.
May 16, 2015
67 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary, AB
vlkle73 wrote: Calgary 130 ave se. They have 6 left.
Thanks vlkle73! I picked one up this morning, there is two left.
Sep 6, 2013
58 posts
19 upvotes
The Blue Mountains
Reg price in ontario. Sadness
Dec 10, 2008
218 posts
114 upvotes
4ah kit is reg price in Coquitlam, BC.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
2220 posts
515 upvotes
00sk8tr wrote: Reg price in ontario. Sadness
x2

I asked if they would match the Calgary price but the cashier wouldn't. I didn't push it any further. Is there an official policy about HD matching other stores? Any other RFDers experience anything trying to match other stores?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7099 posts
1164 upvotes
Toronto
Capt. wrote: x2

I asked if they would match the Calgary price but the cashier wouldn't. I didn't push it any further. Is there an official policy about HD matching other stores? Any other RFDers experience anything trying to match other stores?
I've been told several times by managers that they don't Price Match other HD stores. Of course they can make exceptions if you sweet-talk them.

I've also had them do price adjustments well past the 30-day limit when I have a few hundred dollars worth of other stuff in my buggy.
Last edited by Inno on Oct 6th, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
I've PM'd against other HD stores several times. What you typically can't do is PM in-store clearance prices at another HD store which is outside your immediate geographic area.

The basic justification for the pm is that if another store in your area has it at a lower price, you can return the item you bought to your HD store for a full refund (as long as it's within 30 days) and then go to the other store any buy theirs. Since HD stores can check the clearance prices at other stores in their computer, they can easily verify the price. So of course they'll price match in those circumstances.

Where it gets harder to justify is if the other store has no stock left at that price, or if it's outside your area so that they know you can't go there. Sometimes they'll still do it. Sometimes not. It's at the manager's discretion. Be nice and make it clear that you're a frequent customer who will just end up spending the money you save on this item to buy something else at the store. That may help tilt discretion in your favour. Last time I did a pm against another HD store, all I had was a photo from RFD of the item at a lower price on the shelf of the other store. Their computer was running really slow that day, and they were having trouble looking up the price at the other store, but in the meantime I chatted with the manager about the other power tool I wanted to buy that day, partly using the savings on this PM. When they couldn't get the computer to cooperate, he just shrugged and accepted the photo as proof enough, and gave me the 75% off pm.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2068 posts
294 upvotes
Missed out on a set of batteries. Any kind soul in the GTA have an extra set they are willing to sell, please PM me.