Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8433 posts
2084 upvotes

[Home Depot] Rigid 8.5A Hammerdrill $46.xx

This seems like a warm-hot deal?

Saw them at Ellesemere / Warden HD in Scarborough, but confirmed sold out now

Edit:

Thanks Baldrick_ca, I can confirm the model and Sku is correct.

Model & Sku Info:
baldrick_ca wrote: Looks like it is the drill Model # R5011 | Store SKU # 1000174356 Is $159 for me in Ottawa. Only 2 speeds, one for torque the other for drilling.
40 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15218 posts
6233 upvotes
mic2074 wrote: I just ordered this the other day from amazon.ca.... can anyone comment on which is better ? thanks.

http://www.amazon.ca/PORTER-CABLE-Pc70T ... mmer+drill
The Rigid looks better, it's more powerful (8.5A vs 7A). Also, you can get the Porter Cable drill for $39 at Lowe's if you use the email coupon.

That being said, I don't know if the Rigid one has the "non hammer" mode like the Porter Cable one.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7194 posts
1486 upvotes
thanks... think I might return PC for rigid.

SickBeast wrote: The Rigid looks better, it's more powerful (8.5A vs 7A). Also, you can get the Porter Cable drill for $39 at Lowe's if you use the email coupon.

That being said, I don't know if the Rigid one has the "non hammer" mode like the Porter Cable one.
Nov 26, 2009
396 posts
132 upvotes
looks like a good deal, the bag is nice to have too as not all ridgid tools come with bags. I have the 18v hammer drill which is good but does struggle getting through brick and foundations. i'm sure this would chew through brick like butter.
Jun 5, 2010
594 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
Looks like it is the drill Model # R5011 | Store SKU # 1000174356 Is $159 for me in Ottawa. Only 2 speeds, one for torque the other for drilling.
Sep 18, 2007
339 posts
927 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: This seems like a warm-hot deal?

Sorry, on mobile, cant rotate till ibget home. About 8-9 left at Ellesemere HD
Hey, are you able to read the model on the tag? or sku? I just want to do a search for other home depots.
This seems like an amazing price in my opinion... Thanks for posting
Sep 18, 2007
339 posts
927 upvotes
Bordak wrote: It's either this, or this.
yeah i think it's the 2nd one, but not showing up at that price. even if i put it to ellesmere location too.... hum
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2012
1073 posts
370 upvotes
Hamilton
it says original price 189, so maybe discontinued model no longer on website?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15218 posts
6233 upvotes
I can confirm this deal, I just bought one. The cashier did not believe the price though, she had to ask her manager for approval. I guess that means this really is a hot deal LOL.

I will be returning the Porter Cable drill from the Lowe's deal. This deal is just better. The drill is more powerful and it comes with a lifetime warranty which is absolutely awesome.

I have also confirmed that the drill has a "hammer" and "non-hammer" switch so if you just want it as a regular drill you will be fine.

Thanks again OP this is an amazing deal! Good luck to the rest of you. There were still several left when I was there about 1/2 hour ago. They are right at the front across from the cashiers. The store is at Warden and Ellesmere for those of you that are wondering.

As for those of you hoping to score these at other locations, I doubt that's going to happen. Home Depot's clearances are store specific so it's really YMMV. I would be shocked to see these at other stores at this price. This could even be a price error. It seems too cheap. This drill looks like it's professional grade.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2329 posts
662 upvotes
Halton
Good price. But I have the cordless one already.

Thanks OP
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15218 posts
6233 upvotes
Guys if you do buy this I advise you to use the self serve checkout. I have a feeling that this is a price error.
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
SickBeast wrote: I can confirm this deal, I just bought one. The cashier did not believe the price though, she had to ask her manager for approval. I guess that means this really is a hot deal LOL.
Could you please share with us the store SKU for that drill?

TIA
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15218 posts
6233 upvotes
Hover41 wrote: Could you please share with us the store SKU for that drill?

TIA
How can I do that? Is it on the packaging or the receipt?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1019 posts
247 upvotes
Vancouver
can op provide a homedepot location?

so that others can use the homedepot app to scan the price for price match?

i don't think this is the price for the local. I haven't checked though.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2430 posts
1103 upvotes
Toronto
Was on my way to Costco and thought I'd drop in. Seen some guy buy the last three.
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
SickBeast wrote: How can I do that? Is it on the packaging or the receipt?
I'm not sure. It's the number that starts with "1000....". I expect it would be on the price sticker, but I also suspect there is no sticker on the packaging. If worse comes to worst, I'll make do with the number on the receipt.

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply. Wifey called me to the table for supper and we all know what happens if we make wifey wait....
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
baldrick_ca wrote: Looks like it is the drill Model # R5011 | Store SKU # 1000174356 Is $159 for me in Ottawa. Only 2 speeds, one for torque the other for drilling.
If it is this drill, a high percentage of reviews are extremely unfavorable. Not sure it's a quality drill... and buying low quality products is always a bad deal, whatever the price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)