Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Rigid 8.5A Hammerdrill $46.xx

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2015 7:10 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 28, 2004
143 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
esq05 wrote: Was on my way to Costco and thought I'd drop in. Seen some guy buy the last three.
Was there around that time as well, I think i saw the same guy with 3-4 of them in his cart at checkout. There was 3 left in the aisle after i grabbed one, none on the end cap. Thanks OP.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
Hover41 wrote: I'm not sure. It's the number that starts with "1000....". I expect it would be on the price sticker, but I also suspect there is no sticker on the packaging. If worse comes to worst, I'll make do with the number on the receipt.

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply. Wifey called me to the table for supper and we all know what happens if we make wifey wait....
There is no sticker on the box. On the receipt it says:

648846051369 HAMMERDRILL <A>

I hope that helps! Good luck guys! I'm sorry about that hoarder. Some people are really greedy. :(
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
Hover41 wrote: If it is this drill, a high percentage of reviews are extremely unfavorable. Not sure it's a quality drill... and buying low quality products is always a bad deal, whatever the price.
It got 3.5 stars out of 5. *All* of these drills are going to fail. There is not a single brand without any failures. I just checked and there is a Ridgid warranty depot about 5 minutes from my house. I will not have to pay for shipping if the thing fails and it has a *lifetime* warranty. This is a professional grade 8.5 amp drill with tons of torque. You can try to say this is a bad deal all that you want, however that's not true at all. There is a reason why these all sold out within an hour.
Jan 25, 2013
14 posts
2 upvotes
laval
Thanks OP, it's a nice drill plus a lifetime warranty (ridgid).

I confirm it is model # R50111 and UGS is 1000174356. Scanned at 46,96$.

I went to HD Boisbriand first but there was only the demo available. Than I went to HD laval and got a new one. There was another left plus the demo when I went there around 19h00.
Jan 22, 2014
763 posts
577 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: It got 3.5 stars out of 5. *All* of these drills are going to fail. There is not a single brand without any failures. I just checked and there is a Ridgid warranty depot about 5 minutes from my house. I will not have to pay for shipping if the thing fails and it has a *lifetime* warranty. This is a professional grade 8.5 amp drill with tons of torque. You can try to say this is a bad deal all that you want, however that's not true at all. There is a reason why these all sold out within an hour.
No matter how many stars, it's a good deal. I won't be buying because I have tons of power tools. However the reason for that being sold out is the fact that some people are re-sellers and they're gonna make probably around $50 on each item.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
kirkhammett wrote: No matter how many stars, it's a good deal. I won't be buying because I have tons of power tools. However the reason for that being sold out is the fact that some people are re-sellers and they're gonna make probably around $50 on each item.
I'm more annoyed at the fact that they guy had the nerve to ask me for the SKU only so he could crap on the deal. I had already filed the receipt for my taxes so I had to go dig it out. Such nonsense.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1372 posts
585 upvotes
Confirmed at Pickering, have about 4 left
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
None at the Langford location here I'm Victoria. Boo
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
baldrick_ca wrote: Looks like it is the drill Model # R5011 | Store SKU # 1000174356 Is $159 for me in Ottawa. Only 2 speeds, one for torque the other for drilling.
Yes, that's correct, that's the model
Oct 9, 2011
25 posts
9 upvotes
Saint-Jean-sur-Riche…
Grabbed one in HD Trois-Rivières, QC at 46.96$, one more on the shelf, thank op!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
3138 posts
2300 upvotes
Good deal! Thanks a lot OP and all who kept the thread updated.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19428 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
thanks OP. bought one at the cambie store..there's one left. They had to get it using the ladder thing as it was on the top shelf.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19428 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For those who bought this, are u able to switch the speed from 2 to 1?? I can only get my knob to turn a quarter turn
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2704 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
Thought this might be the best place to ask....
How would this drill compare to the Bosch SDS one at Canadian Tire? It's going to be $99 on black Friday, which is twice as much as this but I've been reading that SDS is much better and easier to work with? The Bosch is only 4.8amps though...

https://m.canadiantire.ca/#/products/pr ... quantity=1
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19428 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The speed switch doesn't work on mine...it's gonna go back.
Oct 23, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
I think you will need to plug it in, pull the trigger a little then turn the speed switch. I played with it a couple of times to get used to.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19428 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ToolBoy wrote: I think you will need to plug it in, pull the trigger a little then turn the speed switch. I played with it a couple of times to get used to.
you're right...that's what I did and it works now...
I find that rather strange that it doesn't work but just turning the knob.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
Not SDS. So essentially an 8.5 AMP corded hand vibrator.
Good for wood and other BS.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
esq05 wrote: Thought this might be the best place to ask....
How would this drill compare to the Bosch SDS one at Canadian Tire? It's going to be $99 on black Friday, which is twice as much as this but I've been reading that SDS is much better and easier to work with? The Bosch is only 4.8amps though...

https://m.canadiantire.ca/#/products/pr ... quantity=1
I guess it depends on your needs and what you are doing. I just did a quick search and SDS looks like it makes a huge difference, however 8.5A is way more powerful than 4.8A. Plus the Ridgid has a lifetime warranty. Good luck getting one though, I'm sure the stock is completely gone at this point. For myself personally I don't really need the hammer function, I just want a powerful drill so the Ridgid one is perfect. Also one of the reviews of the Ridgid one say that it "cuts through concrete like a knife through butter" FWIW.