[OP]
Nov 24, 2018
651 posts
688 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec

[Home Depot] Rigid Hammer Drill Brushless + 2Ah Battery- $119

EDIT:
--
Blackfriday Nov 12thru Nov 18th, page 1 shows this article at 119$.
BF.jpg
Saw this on the flyer, its on special buy list.
Model # R86116KSB|Store SKU # 1001559007
I found the info on the google cached page.
HD online confirm its available in store. Not online.

Should come with 2Ah battery and charger as per google cached.
It's one of the best available out there brushless+hammer drill.
Regularly this combo cost 240+ less 1 battery:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1000851122

Ryobi.jpg
Last edited by BertL67369 on Nov 12th, 2020 7:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
28 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4687 posts
4764 upvotes
Vancouver
I have this hammer drill. Got it on sale (with battery) for about $35 at HD in an incredibly fortunate clearance sale a couple of years ago. Qualifies for the Ridgid Lifetime Service Agreement which provides free replacement tool and battery.

It's very powerful, but not as convenient to use as my more compact M12 drill, so I only tend to grab it when I really need maximum power. The removable handle bar helps with that, as the drill is more than strong enough to twist out of your grip.

Minor issues: the trigger is a bit touchy, jumping from zero to about 25% speed at the first pressure rather than ramping up slowly. Also the bit tends to come loose in the chuck easily, so it needs occasional checking and tightening while working.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2018
651 posts
688 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Up if anyone not notice this.
===========
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2659 posts
2632 upvotes
Montreal
Scote64 wrote: I have this hammer drill. Got it on sale (with battery) for about $35 at HD in an incredibly fortunate clearance sale a couple of years ago. Qualifies for the Ridgid Lifetime Service Agreement which provides free replacement tool and battery.

It's very powerful, but not as convenient to use as my more compact M12 drill, so I only tend to grab it when I really need maximum power. The removable handle bar helps with that, as the drill is more than strong enough to twist out of your grip.

Minor issues: the trigger is a bit touchy, jumping from zero to about 25% speed at the first pressure rather than ramping up slowly. Also the bit tends to come loose in the chuck easily, so it needs occasional checking and tightening while working.
You need to learn on how to use this chuck.

You don't put the bit in and crank it all the way and stop.

You have to crank and come back an hair. You will hear a tok. And now its locked.
Mar 9, 2020
160 posts
167 upvotes
I dont understand why they don't sell the ridgid octane hammer drill on its own in Canada. I want that sweet illuminated led Chuck but it seems near impossible to buy that model. Just 10 other random models of drills....
Dec 27, 2013
372 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Is that Milwaukee combo set a decent price?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4687 posts
4764 upvotes
Vancouver
SquadG wrote: You need to learn on how to use this chuck.

You have to crank and come back an hair. You will hear a tok. And now its locked.
I'll try that. Did you read that somewhere?
[OP]
Nov 24, 2018
651 posts
688 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
I'm hesitating buying this myself, because I already has a dewalt dc791. I would want to invest a sds hammer drill instead. The bosch bulldog sds+ is on special at rona.
===========
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4687 posts
4764 upvotes
Vancouver
SquadG wrote: I've been in your position a long time ago and learned/experienced the difference since I own 2 drills (one is the octane drill) and they behave differently...
Thanks, that's very useful - I wasn't aware of the difference with a locking chuck. You learn something new every day!

I suspect that it doesn't have the same effect with every chuck - I think my Milwaukee drill has a locking chuck too, but it never came loose when I tightened it fully without backing off. But it might help with the Ridgid chuck.
Sep 5, 2006
655 posts
474 upvotes
Calgary
SquadG wrote: You need to learn on how to use this chuck.

How the heck did I not know this? I'd give you 100 thumbs up for this post is I could!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2659 posts
2632 upvotes
Montreal
Scote64 wrote:
Thanks, that's very useful - I wasn't aware of the difference with a locking chuck. You learn something new every day!

I suspect that it doesn't have the same effect with every chuck - I think my Milwaukee drill has a locking chuck too, but it never came loose when I tightened it fully without backing off. But it might help with the Ridgid chuck.
davidclegg wrote: How the heck did I not know this? I'd give you 100 thumbs up for this post is I could!
We learn new stuff everyday Smiling Face With Open Mouth

A lot of people don't know this so spread the word ahah
[OP]
Nov 24, 2018
651 posts
688 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
davidclegg wrote: How the heck did I not know this? I'd give you 100 thumbs up for this post is I could!
SquadG wrote: We learn new stuff everyday Smiling Face With Open Mouth

A lot of people don't know this so spread the word ahah
It's true that no buddy read the manual, or the manual tells you to read the pdf on their website ..lofl
===========
Mar 12, 2012
547 posts
461 upvotes
Belleville
I picked one up today, definitely 'feels' different than my other Ridgid drill.

One thing I do NOT like, the chuck is sticky out of the box. Not sure if there was some grease or glue or what, but pretty unpleasant.
Jul 15, 2009
588 posts
153 upvotes
Thanks OP. Does this come with a charger too?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2659 posts
2632 upvotes
Montreal
Xoanan wrote: I picked one up today, definitely 'feels' different than my other Ridgid drill.

One thing I do NOT like, the chuck is sticky out of the box. Not sure if there was some grease or glue or what, but pretty unpleasant.
Is it metal? If yes, normal.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2018
651 posts
688 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
dvsrydin wrote: Thanks OP. Does this come with a charger too?
Yes, charger and a 2ah battery
===========
[OP]
Nov 24, 2018
651 posts
688 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Xoanan wrote: But still gross.
Any pictures?
===========