Rigid K-45 Drain Auger $256 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2020 1:02 pm
[OP]
Jun 13, 2009
63 posts
55 upvotes
Ottawa

[Home Depot] Rigid K-45 Drain Auger $256 (YMMV)

I was at the home Depot on Cyrville rd. this morning and found the Rigid K-45 drain auger on clearance for 256.00 (Reg 569.00) The cheapest other HD price I'd seen was 369.00. The box by the tag had been opened.... looked more like used then returned however there was another up on the shelf that appeared to have been opened but never been used.
I never even asked the gentleman but he offered to knock it down to 200.00 while he grabbed it from the shelf.
Images
  • 20200805_074923.jpg
  • 20200807_075741.jpg
  • 20200807_075757.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 10th, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
12 replies
Nov 12, 2019
252 posts
890 upvotes
Pretty sure drain augers are final sale I believe, so possibly opened in store. Well, in theory at least.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3010 posts
870 upvotes
Vancouver
n1ckt0 wrote: Pretty sure drain augers are final sale I believe, so possibly opened in store. Well, in theory at least.
I believe you're right.

No return on toilets as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2310 posts
3030 upvotes
GTA
Good reviews for this one.

Just be aware it is designed for smaller drains like sinks.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14829 posts
9616 upvotes
Markham
Gave you an upvote for a well posted deal. Location, pricing etc.

So many ppl post clearance deals and they don't post a location where they found it.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 12, 2019
34 posts
43 upvotes
gotrice wrote: It's 398$ in Toronto.... What are the chances of them price matching?
Not likely. I've tried many times to price match at HD in BC based on sale or receipt screenshots posted on RFD from Ontario. Always been told they can't price match, just cause sales and prices are completely different in East vs West. Similar to how Costco has different weekly sales for Western Canada vs Eastern Canada.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2939 posts
2228 upvotes
Just curios why a drain auger would cost 600 and considered hot at 300?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
[OP]
Jun 13, 2009
63 posts
55 upvotes
Ottawa
Considering I only paid 200 for an almost 600 dollar tool makes it a pretty decent score in my opinion. There cheaper and or inferior tools out there that would cost the same or more than I paid for the the Ridgid on clearance. They won't last half as long or be a PITA to use.

Don't confuse this with the TTI power tools sold at home depot as Ridgid. These are decent quality made in the USA tools... used by professionals everywhere and sold everywhere. From their drain augers, pipe threaders, and pipe wrenches you can't really ask for better.

For the average home owner it's probably nothing to get excited about but for someone who needs one in their line of work it's an awesome score at that price.

I suspect more of their selection will go on clearance as they appear to be replacing many of them with made in PRC, Milwaukee branded tools at a slightly lower price point...but with much higher profit margins. Anyone remember when they sold Fluke and Ideal in their electrical section?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2310 posts
3030 upvotes
GTA
AlphaCanus wrote: For the average home owner it's probably nothing to get excited about but for someone who needs one in their line of work it's an awesome score at that price.
kiasu wrote: bought 1 Ryobi auger (I know is diff brand but still) like last year for $20...LOL...
different use cases.
Don't buy a $200 (or $400 or $600) auger for your home use. Rent one when you need one better than your cheap or manual tool.
Don't use a cheap consumer product if you're a plumber or other professional needing it to be reliable job after job.
Dec 23, 2014
40 posts
26 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
Bought! Thanks op +1. Just wished it was the auto feed.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8047 posts
4014 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kiasu wrote: bought 1 Ryobi auger (I know is diff brand but still) like last year for $20...LOL...

home-depot-ryobi-18v-one-cordless-drain ... a-2313067/

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... ____583694_
Ryobi seems like a much better deal. Especially you can use the battery you already has, so it is cordless.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Dec 23, 2014
40 posts
26 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Ryobi seems like a much better deal. Especially you can use the battery you already has, so it is cordless.
As mentionned, Ryobi tools are intended for light home owner usage. Doesn't mean it's not a good tool but it will not give you the same reliability and/or performance. As a professional, Ryobi tools will not make their way into my toolbox. Ridgid plumbing products on the other hand are top quality and the industry standard.