[Home Depot] Ring Alarm With extra sensors $189.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 5:28 pm
[OP]
Dec 12, 2018
21 posts
81 upvotes

[Home Depot] Ring Alarm With extra sensors $189.99

I posted this in the other ring alarm forum, but in case anyone misses it.
The Home Depot exclusive ring alarm kit with the extra sensors are now on sale for 189.99.
If you need the extra sensors, this might be a better deal than the Lowe’s alarm kit after the price match at 143.99.

Edit: spelling and grammar
51 replies
Feb 11, 2019
268 posts
325 upvotes
ON
Actually exactly what I wanted to go on sale, thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9409 posts
969 upvotes
GTA
The Ring Stickup Cameras are the same price as on Lowes.ca too but it doesn't indicate that it is a sale, just says "Online Exclusive" ($159.99)

EDIT : Thanks OP. I have been waiting for one of these Ring alarm kits to go on sale and this one is the perfect size for my mom's place. She has been asking me to find her something since she moved into her new place since she was used to the alarm system on the last house. I am going to sign her up for the monitoring and might decide to do Stickup Cam's for the front/rear or maybe do a Ring Doorbell2 but she doesn't have an existing doorbell (so no wiring) so I will have to look into solar panels or something (I see they make a solar panel enclosure for the Ring 2 but it is pricey)
Jun 19, 2010
376 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
This is an even better deal than the Lowes one because of the extra sensors... Deserving of a separate thread. Thanks op! I pm'd the Lowes deal at home depot yesterday, I'll be cancelling that order for this version.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1321 posts
702 upvotes
Calgary
Trying to tell from the picture what this actually comes with. Obviously some extra window/door sensors. What is the little box next to the motion sensor?

Edit: think it’s the range extender
Last edited by jarfgames on Aug 3rd, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2008
436 posts
104 upvotes
Leask
Wish it was extra motion sensor instead...

But definitely return the one from Lowes over this one
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1321 posts
702 upvotes
Calgary
Trying to decide if this is worth it. My current monitored alarm system costs $29.99 per month ($360/year). Includes cellular but not connected by internet so it’s a bit unreliable with the Honeywell app. It does have monitored smoke and flood/freeze included which Ring would not out of the box without the extras.

So basically with some upfront cost, I’d be saving $210 per year. Unfortunately I just bought a Nest doorbell so not too inclined to replace it with a ring one so soon even though that would also save me some money if paired with Ring Alarm.
Mar 26, 2013
120 posts
75 upvotes
GTA
thanks OP, wallet not safe but at least house will be
Jun 19, 2010
376 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
Scodino wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 3:43 pm
I was almost pulling the trigger but this one will be a better deal for me. Thanks for sharing!
Lol I bought both... I need to call hd to cancel, the best buy one is a better deal for me too. One keypad for the front door, one for the garage. I like the extra motion sensor too...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1321 posts
702 upvotes
Calgary
With our current alarm system we only have one keypad and one motion sensor and it seems to be enough. Our house is somewhat open concept so the single motion sensor seemed to be enough along with door sensors etc.