Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ring door bell v1 clearance at $62.5 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2019 3:27 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2009
1127 posts
217 upvotes
foodcourt wrote: Dundas in mississauga as few
Which store exactly? Mavis/Dundas or Winston Churchill /Dundas?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
foodcourt wrote: Dundas in mississauga as few
If you're referring to Dundas/Mavis I was there on Monday and there was one on display, scanned at $199, and I was about to get it at $56 ($62 - 10% off) until the manager stepped in and declined the price match altogether, no matter how much I b!+ched. Note: there were approx. 7 empty "display only" boxes there but no stock other than the one.
Mar 8, 2015
55 posts
22 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Don't know which store though. I called airport road store and rep told me that Bolton and Dundas store have in stock. I bought from Bolton
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1243 posts
450 upvotes
azaelus wrote: That's all I needed to know, now I don't have to go running around the city looking for one
lol the battery is built in you don't replace it..... nor do you need to run around the city looking, it can fully charge overnight. Set the motion zone to something less sensitive mine lasted about 1 month in between charges.

You could also hardwire it to existing doorbell and get power to it and never worry about the battery again.

I have used both ring doorbell , doorbell pro, and security floodlight. They work flawlessy in canadian winter, zero issues.
Jan 6, 2015
32 posts
20 upvotes
Deux-Montagnes, QC
larman2001 wrote: I just bought two in Lachenaie / Terrebonne today, and the price was $62.50. Though the price on the bought was regular $199 on sale at $169. Scanned in at $62.50 :)
Nice! Any left in stock? Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
What other brands can you compare this version to? Isn’t v1 old like a few years old?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
4133 posts
2172 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: What other brands can you compare this version to? Isn’t v1 old like a few years old?
Yes this would the starting generation of smart door bell. (Now They have Door Bell Pro for the latest one) There are many others right now in the market. Few big ones are Nest and Skybell HD. I know Skybell HD has free 7 cloud storage service and is relatively small in size so one can put it where the old "mechanical" door was (like on door trim).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
rapashoo wrote: Yes this would the starting generation of smart door bell. (Now They have Door Bell Pro for the latest one) There are many others right now in the market. Few big ones are Nest and Skybell HD. I know Skybell HD has free 7 cloud storage service and is relatively small in size so one can put it where the old "mechanical" door was (like on door trim).
Does xaoumi or alike have one too?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
4133 posts
2172 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: Does xaoumi or alike have one too?
Not too sure about Xaomi... I know they have door/window sensors but probably not the door bell.
May 2, 2015
706 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto, ON
brunes wrote: FWIW a friend of mine bought some of these for his house and says they're total garbage and not built for Canada due to battery drain. He had to change the batteries every week in the winter.
your friend got a lemon. I use this without wired connection. Battery lasts several weeks even in peak winter.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
trijunction wrote: your friend got a lemon. I use this without wired connection. Battery lasts several weeks even in peak winter.
Like with -40 temps?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41796 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
tatung wrote: Like with -40 temps?
Eventually the battery will suffer degradation due to the cold.
A "new" unit does not necessarily mean fresh off the production line and the battery could have been discharged for a while sitting on the shelf and died before being sold.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
How is everyone's doorbell hanging in there? Its -27 here and my doorbell isn't working. Trying to do live view and nothing is happening.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4081 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
tatung wrote: How is everyone's doorbell hanging in there? Its -27 here and my doorbell isn't working. Trying to do live view and nothing is happening.
Doing fine wired
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
GSD wrote: Doing fine wired
Hmm mines wired too. Anytime the temp goes to -20 it goes offline. The light ring around the button is glowing so I know there is power.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)