Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ring Floodlight Cam (Price Match with BB to 224.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2018 4:35 pm
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
273 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Ring Floodlight Cam (Price Match with BB to 224.99)

BestBuy is selling the Ring Floodlight Cam for $249.99. Price match with HD for an addition 10% off.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1111 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
How is this? Do you have it? I'm partial to Nest products but I've been eyeing this cam for a while.

Price is reasonable for what it is...how does this even work with the smart home? Does it give you the ability to display the live feed on your TV?
JS
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
273 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't try the floodlight yet, but overall I have pretty good impression on their Doorbell Pro.

I'm able to program it with IFTTT and also use Tasker to work with my smart lights (to do things like turn on front door light when motion is detected)

They had been talking about Homekit Support for the longest time though, which I wish they can roll out that soon.
Jan 15, 2010
535 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
James Stonehenge wrote: How is this? Do you have it? I'm partial to Nest products but I've been eyeing this cam for a while.

Price is reasonable for what it is...how does this even work with the smart home? Does it give you the ability to display the live feed on your TV?
I have this. Its OK. They have had many bumps with the firmware so its constantly working. For a number of months it wasn't picking up motion at night. They finally fixed that after about 5 months and now its picking up motion outside of the zones. So cars driving by on my side street set it off. In terms of video quality its pretty good but can get better if you call support and have them bump it up. Apparently there are settings that we don't have access to.

Installation and setup was easy especially if your replacing an existing light.

HomeKit support has been promised for about a year now. Don't bank on it too much. Other integration with IFTTT doesn't work right. I actually don't think its made to work with IFTTT even though you can connect it as it shows up when you try to add the doorbell.
Aug 4, 2005
307 posts
113 upvotes
I have two of these (Front and back) and so far very happy with them.

The floodlight is strong and the cam picks up motion in the pre-defined zones. One thing i will mention is that you need strong wi-fi signal or else these lights will not work well!
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
273 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Same goes with my Doorbell Pro as well. first couple of month was bumpy ride, and now it's pretty much stable. And that's why I didn't jump onto Floodlight Cam when it came out last year.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2009
1040 posts
37 upvotes
I really want this to have a good video view of my backyard. I already have an existing light there which can be turned on and off with a lightswitch inside my house. I imagine I can use that power line for that light to power this and also turn on and off this light with the same switch?

My concern is that I already have a Ring Doorbell 2 and it's connection is spotty. At times live cam works great. Other times it doesn't at all. I already got the Ring Chime Extender for free from Ring but it didn't help. I also already have Rogers Home monitoring but find those cameras better made for indoor use. I also understand I'll need to subscribe to 2 ring fees if I want to get live videos recorder on both.

Question: It is showing as sold online only? How do you price match? Or is it also sold in store and I should ignore the website
Dec 10, 2003
263 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
I did a chat with Home Depot and they would not PM bestbuy because the model numbers are different.
However, Lowes also has the same sale price and same model number as HomeDepot so i was able to PM HD to Lowes.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2009
1040 posts
37 upvotes
Does the source still give $25 coupons on new email sign up? I signed up but still haven't received one. Also, does it ever stack on a psp discount? If someone has a code PM me!
Dec 10, 2003
263 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
No you are not able to use the $25 coupon on psp discount. I tried.
ahbitheman wrote: Does the source still give $25 coupons on new email sign up? I signed up but still haven't received one. Also, does it ever stack on a psp discount? If someone has a code PM me!
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2009
1040 posts
37 upvotes
Ok thanks. Anyone know if best buy will price match to the source psp pricing? I already bought it from best buy as I wanted to install it last night
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1495 upvotes
Montreal
This is perfect for home owners wanting some security. Can easily install. No need to reroute wires.

Tad expensive but given it is ring seems right.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1111 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
Nest needs a product like this. Their outdoor can with the wore showing is the stupidest design I have ever seen.

Being able to use existing electrical is the best idea ever.
JS
Jun 6, 2016
67 posts
47 upvotes
HD changed their price to $249 as well so no more opportunity for PM
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1909 posts
367 upvotes
Mississauga
Can these record to NAS or cloud subscription required?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3998 posts
711 upvotes
guessguy wrote: Can these record to NAS or cloud subscription required?
Only cloud sub
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
273 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
TO_girl wrote: I did a chat with Home Depot and they would not PM bestbuy because the model numbers are different.
However, Lowes also has the same sale price and same model number as HomeDepot so i was able to PM HD to Lowes.
I did online chat with HD and they price matched for me. I guess she wasn't even looking at model number LOL
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
273 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
LowBallin wrote: HD changed their price to $249 as well so no more opportunity for PM
LOL the RFD effect.