Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Roomba 960 - $495

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2020 12:18 pm
Aug 11, 2014
22 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I got the i7 last year but was contemplating the 960 or 980, however glad I went with the i7. The smart map feature is amazing coz you can control the entire floor and schedule the cleaning to specific areas. I mapped multi levels of the house but in this case you still have to move the Roomba along with the base station to each floor to begin cleaning. I did have a malfunction with the first unit but iRobot replaced it with a brand new unit since it was within the 1 year warranty period, It been over a year and no issues so far.
Feb 10, 2018
165 posts
265 upvotes
Hotmel wrote: I got the i7 last year but was contemplating the 960 or 980, however glad I went with the i7. The smart map feature is amazing coz you can control the entire floor and schedule the cleaning to specific areas. I mapped multi levels of the house but in this case you still have to move the Roomba along with the base station to each floor to begin cleaning. I did have a malfunction with the first unit but iRobot replaced it with a brand new unit since it was within the 1 year warranty period, It been over a year and no issues so far.
I got the i7 also with auto bin empty function, there is no way I would purchase a robot vacuum without mapping feature, room divisions, keep out areas, clean only certian room functions make mapping very worthwhile

I got a robotic vacuum with having a couple pets it was a pain pulling the central vac hose out all the time for pet hair, robotic vacuum see hair, tell it what area, its off and does it,

still give the house a proper vacuum once a month and all is good

so long and short my recommendation is get mapping feature!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1554 posts
1226 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I need a vacuum cleaner that can map out multiple floors, any chance of that feature in a decent cleaner at $500?
Jun 7, 2008
151 posts
50 upvotes
Oakville
enhanced wrote: Right. Assuming one is a member, I'd say the $50.00 is worth the return policy without even considering the value of the bonus filters and not having to deal with the hassle of a price match.
Yeah good point on the filter side. Are they expensive? My wife is looking for us to get a Roomba vs. what we have now. We don't mind an older model per say as long as it is effective but aren't as familiar with all costs.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2519 posts
1550 upvotes
Durham
saltsalt wrote: Bought this guy yesterday
wow, just managed to get HD to pricematch too with the 10% off thanks!
Jun 25, 2017
54 posts
82 upvotes
Have been eyeing this guy lately. Last I checked there were issues with the app..has it been fixed? Please share your real life experience, especially with mopping.
Nov 17, 2003
456 posts
82 upvotes
chunky1687 wrote: Have been eyeing this guy lately. Last I checked there were issues with the app..has it been fixed? Please share your real life experience, especially with mopping.
Yes please share.
Jun 26, 2013
773 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
jugojugo wrote: wow, just managed to get HD to pricematch too with the 10% off thanks!
can you share the link that you used to price match ?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2519 posts
1550 upvotes
Durham
sirisak wrote: can you share the link that you used to price match ?
I did it over the phone, I just told them to pricematch wayfair against the SKU i provided them at HD.

They were able to find it themselves: https://www.wayfair.ca/ECOVACS-ROBOTICS ... T1010.html

The title is a little vague, but you can tell it is the 930 by the last picture and description.

I got lucky with the 10% price match though, came up to $396 and tax.
Jan 21, 2016
257 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
jugojugo wrote: I did it over the phone, I just told them to pricematch wayfair against the SKU i provided them at HD.

They were able to find it themselves: https://www.wayfair.ca/ECOVACS-ROBOTICS ... T1010.html

The title is a little vague, but you can tell it is the 930 by the last picture and description.

I got lucky with the 10% price match though, came up to $396 and tax.
How does Home Depot's price match work? I attempted to do it this morning and the phone rep I spoke with seemed... less than competent.

I told her the product and SKU off the Home Depot website and told her I wanted to price match with Wayfair. She told me to order the item and then provide her with my order number. She then gave me a ticket number and said they will adjust the price. She said they won't beat the price because it's online-only.

Is that the same process others followed?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2519 posts
1550 upvotes
Durham
lubs2001 wrote: How does Home Depot's price match work? I attempted to do it this morning and the phone rep I spoke with seemed... less than competent.

I told her the product and SKU off the Home Depot website and told her I wanted to price match with Wayfair. She told me to order the item and then provide her with my order number. She then gave me a ticket number and said they will adjust the price. She said they won't beat the price because it's online-only.

That sounds like the proper procedure. The can either price match against your order number or place the order for you with the already matched price.

According to their rules, they only match, and not beat online only retail stores.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4008 posts
1723 upvotes
lubs2001 wrote: How does Home Depot's price match work? I attempted to do it this morning and the phone rep I spoke with seemed... less than competent.

That's typically how it works, or as jugo two times says, they can place the order for you at the adjusted price.

If wayfair falls through, Walmart has it for $499.97.
Mar 25, 2018
137 posts
217 upvotes
This was on sale for 499 couple of weeks ago at almost all the shops. Even at Costco for 499 with filters. I would wait as we may see this price again soon. At linen chest, it was possible to get an extra 10 % off with Rakutan. I wouldn't pay more than 450$ for this.
May 4, 2020
20 posts
9 upvotes
How did you get that price? I'm just about to pull the trigger on one!
Jan 21, 2016
257 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
jugojugo wrote: That sounds like the proper procedure. The can either price match against your order number or place the order for you with the already matched price.

According to their rules, they only match, and not beat online only retail stores.
hvc wrote: That's typically how it works, or as jugo two times says, they can place the order for you at the adjusted price.

If wayfair falls through, Walmart has it for $499.97.
I called back because I got the feeling something wasn't right with the first attempt. Turned out the first rep hadn't put the price match through. The second one did and I got the confirmation email right on the call. Unfortunately I didn't get the extra 10% off some others did. Great deal - I was going to pay $480 for the 937 a month or two back from Costco. But I can't help but feel slightly irked that I didn't get the extra 10% others did, haha.

Heads up - when calling in, choose 'New online orders' after pressing 1. Choosing 'help with existing orders' will get you booted off the call due to high call volume. When I called close to 5:00 pm the wait was only a few minutes.
Nov 24, 2018
73 posts
25 upvotes
spagspag wrote: How did you get that price? I'm just about to pull the trigger on one!
I price matched it on HD when wayfair sold it $409.99.But I didn't get extra 10% off because wayfair doesn't have a physical store.
Jan 29, 2006
334 posts
13 upvotes
They don't, however, if you get a nice agent and explain how the product is only available online at HD then they might do it for you. Recently, they have been