Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Rustoleum EpoxyShield 2 1/2 Car Garage Kit

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2020 6:14 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1197 posts
694 upvotes
I did mine with the Epoxymaster 100% solids kit from Costco about 4 or 5 years ago and it's still solid. Surface prep, 100% solids and application are all important. For example, you shouldn't install when the humidity is high, things like that.

I would spend a bit more to get 100% solids. This one at Costco isn't the one I used but looks solid:

https://www.costco.ca/rokrez-epoxy-floo ... 02675.html

Get a pair of spiked shoes as well as you cannot walk on it at all once you're done. You will probably want everything laid out and measured and ready to go, you have VERY limited time once you start mixing, and that only gets worse on a warm day, so select well. If i was doing a 2 car garage i would definitely do it in 2 sections unless you have like 4 people helping.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6948 posts
7521 upvotes
BC
Koolfreak wrote: Image
Nice garage. Certainly no shortage of lighting in there. What did you use on the ceiling, soffit panels?
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6948 posts
7521 upvotes
BC
Koolfreak wrote: Yes... soffit panels. And about the lightning, I replaced it with the led at Home depot because 7 of my 18 very cheap balasts with T8 frieds over time. home-depot-commercial-electric-4ft-link ... #p32576757

And with the led from Home depot, this is better.
Assuming you have a vapour barrier behind the soffit panels, I'm curious why you went with perforated soffit? Just preferred the look?
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Mar 4, 2008
363 posts
271 upvotes
Gatineau
Would this be good for an unfinished basement floor?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
ac1193 wrote: Would this be good for an unfinished basement floor?
Wondering the same and how this handles negative hydrostatic pressure?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5242 posts
3520 upvotes
ac1193 wrote: Would this be good for an unfinished basement floor?
This stuff might be overkill for basement floor, your basement won't get salt, grime, crap, hot tires. Concrete paint is all you would need.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5242 posts
3520 upvotes
Curious question? How much would a pro contractor charge for a 2 car garage roughly?

I was going to do it....but doing it properly adds to time and cost drastically....

My garage needs grinding/sanding for sure, fill in cracks and pits, etc...
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
3276 posts
1478 upvotes
realmadvillain wrote: PM’d at Lowe’s. Got it for $115.

I used this on my previous house and it held up pretty well. I’ll be adding the epoxy shield clear coat over top for an even better look and durability. Home Depot has the clear coat for $174 and Lowe’s has it for $164 so there’s a PM opportunity there.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/garage-flo ... ing-759079
Inst this a smaller size?The home depot size is 7.1L the lowes is 3.5L?
Oct 3, 2006
999 posts
575 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Assuming you have a vapour barrier behind the soffit panels, I'm curious why you went with perforated soffit? Just preferred the look?
Just because soffit are so freaking cheap... And white are great to reflect the light.
Aug 5, 2009
128 posts
108 upvotes
Ottawa
machoman wrote: Inst this a smaller size?The home depot size is 7.1L the lowes is 3.5L?
The grey epoxy coating that you can PM at Lowes is 7.1L at both places. The link I had provided is the clear coat that goes on top fo the grey coating that IS 3.5L. When applied over a previously coated floor it can cover up to 500sqft.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6948 posts
7521 upvotes
BC
Koolfreak wrote: Just because soffit are so freaking cheap... And white are great to reflect the light.

I was referring to your choice to use perforated soffit rather than solid soffit.
Jan 14, 2010
431 posts
642 upvotes
GTA
Can we buy this epoxy pack and use at a later point in time (like few months)??
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
bizstudent wrote: Can we buy this epoxy pack and use at a later point in time (like few months)??
Yes. No different than it sitting on the shelf at the store.
Sep 15, 2015
314 posts
236 upvotes
bhrm wrote: Curious question? How much would a pro contractor charge for a 2 car garage roughly?

I was going to do it....but doing it properly adds to time and cost drastically....

My garage needs grinding/sanding for sure, fill in cracks and pits, etc...
We got this professionally done for our 2 car garage. If I'm not mistaken, it costed $2000 including grinding. Floor was badly pitted.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1021 posts
267 upvotes
I rented a grinder and with help with another guy, I grindered the 2 car garage in about 3 hrs.... and washered it by acid powder( per instruction) twice and waited for it dry up for over right.

Next day, I applied two buckets of those to cover the whole area.....

the worse part is to get all my craps back into place and took me another day.

The end product is amazing.

total cost is about $300+ my cheap labour of 14 hrs...
Aug 13, 2006
981 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm seriously tempted by this but at the same time afraid it's way more work than I can handle. Right now there is the 180 day return policy in effect though...
Don't worry about how much you SPEND , it's how much you SAVE that matters.
Mar 29, 2008
253 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa
Just got a quote for our 400 sq ft garage....$3800 in Ottawa.

ovovov wrote: I rented a grinder and with help with another guy, I grindered the 2 car garage in about 3 hrs.... and washered it by acid powder( per instruction) twice and waited for it dry up for over right.

Next day, I applied two buckets of those to cover the whole area.....

the worse part is to get all my craps back into place and took me another day.

The end product is amazing.

total cost is about $300+ my cheap labour of 14 hrs...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)