Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ryobi 10 in Sliding Mitre 198$ (with free stand until Oct 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2019 12:50 pm
Nov 28, 2010
156 posts
45 upvotes
Thanks OP. Just picked this deal up. No one knew about the free stand. I had to tell the cashier who had to look for some promo coupons at her till.
Last edited by ww on Oct 31st, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 14, 2005
731 posts
43 upvotes
Bought it when it was last $200 with stand, and has held up so far. Probably made close to 1000 cuts on the original blade up to now. Might have to change it soon.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3269 posts
466 upvotes
Hamilton
zoomzoom wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 10:51 pm
I can vouch for the build quality of the Roybi stand. I bought this stand at regular price (for a different saw) and it is solid. If you need a mitre saw and stand, this is a good deal.
+++

I bought the same deal last time. The stand is heavy (its a good thing). Well built, not flimsy at all. For the price + stand definitely a buy buy buy.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2143 posts
286 upvotes
As others have said, I got this deal in 2017 and it was well worth it. Saw and stand are great for a DIYer.
Nov 28, 2011
349 posts
425 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Great value and perfect for a DIYer and light contracting.
I found the Ryobi saw a little underpowered for heavy daily construction work.
Mar 18, 2012
118 posts
51 upvotes
Halifax
I don't own this saw but have been considering it. I've owned a few chop saws including some sliders. Usually my issue with sliders for doing woodworking (vs construction) is that there's too much slop and imprecision in the slider mechanism on the cheap saws.

As I stated I don't own this saw, but checking it in store I was very impressed, next to no slop in the slider mechanism and very little flex of the entire saw at full extension. It was tight enough I've been considering buying it.
Jul 21, 2013
601 posts
227 upvotes
Calgary
How do you know about the free stand? Is it advertised in store? If they don't honour it, what can I say?
Nov 18, 2012
8 posts
3 upvotes
Just purchased it this morning at HD Burlington. The promo is advertised in the current flyer, so no need to worry about them honouring it or not.
Aug 21, 2011
831 posts
469 upvotes
Whitby
Roger21 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 9:53 am
How do you know about the free stand? Is it advertised in store? If they don't honour it, what can I say?
There was a card just next to the price tag in Scarborough. Actually it's not just free stand, you can either choose one of the Ryobi One+ drill kit or the Bluetooth stereo as well. I mean either one of these. The same promo is applicable for the handheld saw as well, sorry don't remember the model.

PS: I picked up the last stand from Ellesmere location.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Jan 8, 2015
129 posts
56 upvotes
York, ON
mtmtl1 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 10:06 am
Just purchased it this morning at HD Burlington. The promo is advertised in the current flyer, so no need to worry about them honouring it or not.
Second that. Just picked one up from there as well. They had about 8 more saws and 6 more stands after purchasing mine
Jul 30, 2018
42 posts
19 upvotes
I got the last stand at Kipling/Rexdale

I have been looking at an open box for this saw in their clearance area for 6-8 weeks. Best they ever offered me was $50 off ($198), but I would respond that when this goes on sale, that will likely be the sale price of a brand new one.

Today I went in and because the new price is $198, I walked out with that openbox for $150!! Plus the free stand!
$169 all in.

I'm still smiling

Thanks OP
Feb 26, 2011
588 posts
529 upvotes
Calgary
I've owned this from last June.
I've noticed that the 90° lock cuts slightly off one side (like 89°). Is there some way to "calibrate" it?
Dec 9, 2010
45 posts
22 upvotes
Newfoundland
I picked this up mid sept for 248 and thought it was a deal. Thanks for the heads up on the reduced price. Went in today and got the fiddy and tax.
Sep 23, 2010
59 posts
29 upvotes
The HD product page info is really confusing, is the blade 10 inch or 7-1/4?