[Home Depot] Ryobi 1800 PSI Pressure washer $98

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 3:45 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1878 posts
209 upvotes
NB
Thanks, would the 15 degree tip damage a vehicle with a low psi machine like this?

The 2.0 orifice size is hard to find like you mentioned (found some but they would only get here in July).
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: Yes if you want to maintain the rated pressure. However, that size is not easily available unless you go to a specialty store. Most common sizes are 3.0, 3.5, 4.0. Will those orifice sizes work? Yes. However there will be a decrease in pressure.
Most sellers won’t spec the orifice size. Only the ‘degree’ pattern which makes it more difficult to find what’s ideal.

Bottom line, the ones that are sold on Amazon etc, will work.They just may not be ideal.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1162 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Colin0317 wrote: Thanks, would the 15 degree tip damage a vehicle with a low psi machine like this?
I think the 15 degree tip could potentially damage the paint if:
1) You're up close to the vehicle.
2) There's already a break in the paint (i.e., spraying directly into a stone chipped area of the paint).

Also, I suspect the 15 degree nozzle will not get great coverage on the vehicle as the water will not "fan out" as much as say a 25 or 40 degree nozzle, leading to potentially more time spent on trying to cover the car.

---

I've given this a bit more thought, and I'm just going to try out the 40 degree nozzle first before the RFD effect gets me to buy more accessories/things (at regular price!) to complete my purchase (i.e., getting a 25 degree nozzle). I suspect the 40 degree will be sufficient for rinsing the loose dirt and soap off my car.
Jul 10, 2013
15 posts
Calgary
Need help from RFDers' with this off the rail question - Looking for a Garden/water hose, like a 100 ft types, good quality non kinkable .. any good deals here? I know Costco has in-store for $32.99, anything better in terms of price and quality? Thought would need to buy a hose first before the PW.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4172 posts
21649 upvotes
Montreal
abhimanyuuahuja wrote: Need help from RFDers' with this off the rail question - Looking for a Garden/water hose, like a 100 ft types, good quality non kinkable .. any good deals here? I know Costco has in-store for $32.99, anything better in terms of price and quality? Thought would need to buy a hose first before the PW.
Buy a rubber hose and you will rarely have a problem. Since I've changed all out to rubber hoses I have had no kinks or problems.
Jul 10, 2013
15 posts
Calgary
krazykanuck wrote: Buy a rubber hose and you will rarely have a problem. Since I've changed all out to rubber hoses I have had no kinks or problems.
Thanks - Any examples you could share, just so that I know the difference ?
Feb 29, 2016
330 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa
I am going to restain my 15 year old fence shortly (replacing is not an option) and I am wondering if either of the 1800 PSI units being discussed here would be suitable for the job? I had a 1600 PSI Karcher that died on me as I was ~25% of the way through the job, and it took quite a while to take off all the dust and dirt over the years....I started thinking it would be more cost-effective to get a stronger unit considering how much water and electricity I was wasting with an underpowered unit.

Thoughts or suggestions?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1652 posts
632 upvotes
Beware of this store, theres no phone support, and it could take weeks/months for them to ship anything.

I've never seen such horrible service, ebay/Ali aren't even this bad.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2659 posts
1792 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
nine7six wrote: just bought a house and heard I should have one of these, what's it for?
It's for washing. With pressure.

You're welcome.

Seriously though - cleaning things like decks, driveways, fences, siding, etc. Could be used for cleaning cars (be VERY careful and don't get close).
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1850 posts
505 upvotes
Scarborough
AlexiRos wrote: It took around 30 mins.
I still haven't received mine.
Koodo
Tangerine
Simplii
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1051 posts
275 upvotes
I bought Bosch last night from Lowe's with request for pm+10% with home depot. Now I remember that I bought following kobalt in winter on clearance $130.

kobalt 2000psi

Even though kobalt looks much premium, but it's like 50lb heavy and bigger, so I am thinking to sell it (still unopened, so might be able to sell for 150 or above) and keep the Bosch for easy indoor storage in winters.
Still waiting the pm adjustment. Decision decision!Thinking Face
Mar 21, 2012
56 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto

So.... i tested right after work on my concrete and this is awesome!! Better than sunjoe spx3000.. especially with the turbo nozzle thing... see the video clip but i am 100% satisfied! Hope this helps someone :)
Dec 30, 2012
30 posts
9 upvotes
Nonya
mlbsport wrote:

So.... i tested right after work on my concrete and this is awesome!! Better than sunjoe spx3000.. especially with the turbo nozzle thing... see the video clip but i am 100% satisfied! Hope this helps someone :)
Appreciate the video, thanks!

Unfortunately, it shows sold out for me in store (Windsor) and online.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2006
1184 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Just got my order cancelled from Home Depot after about 5 days.

I've got the email saying order was cancelled, but still yet to receive a refund or a mention of it. I called customer service and they mentioned it takes up to 24 hours.

Lucky for those who got it i guess.