Ryobi 1800 PSI Pressure washer $98

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2020 1:54 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3658 posts
389 upvotes
I know nothing about power washers.

1. Does this come with a sufficient amount of nozzles and features like being able to add soap?

2. Could I clean my pavers with it without damaging them, or use it to remove sand between pavers if I want to change the sand?

3. Is there usually a better pressure washer that goes on sale that I should be waiting for instead?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1033 posts
1844 upvotes
Ontario
I have the previous model of this one, I think it was 1600psi instead? Been super happy with it and it's gotten a fair bit of use.

My tip: most people's pressure washers go when they leave them outside over the winter, don't winterize them, and water residual inside them freezes up and cracks things inside. This one is so small that we bring it inside over the winter and tuck it away in a closet and it takes up literally no space at all.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5780 posts
4069 upvotes
Rockstead wrote: I know nothing about power washers.

1. Does this come with a sufficient amount of nozzles and features like being able to add soap?

2. Could I clean my pavers with it without damaging them, or use it to remove sand between pavers if I want to change the sand?

3. Is there usually a better pressure washer that goes on sale that I should be waiting for instead?
Full disclosure: I know nothing either.

1. I believe 99% of the time you'll use the Turbo nozzle. Ryobi looks like it comes with a hose for soap, but not a foam cannon if that's what you're looking for.
2. I don't believe 1800psi @ 1.2gpm is enough to really clean pavers/concrete. Definitely shouldn't damage them.
3. probably, but depends on your budget and what you're looking for. Under $100? This is probably your best bet.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1033 posts
1844 upvotes
Ontario
hvc wrote: 2. I don't believe 1800psi @ 1.2gpm is enough to really clean pavers/concrete. Definitely shouldn't damage them.
I've used 1400-1600 psi before and pavers and our concrete hot tub pad have come up good as new (I have the older model of this exact Ryobi)
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2806 posts
271 upvotes
sixsix wrote: Will it be too powerful a the car wash?
I can't answer this question but I would advise everyone new to pressure washers to Google and read an article about PSI (pressure) and GPM (flow rate) for a quick understanding of how these 2 specs affect performance. PSI seems to be advertised most, but GPM is equally important, if not more.

One example
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5780 posts
4069 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: I've used 1400-1600 psi before and pavers and our concrete hot tub pad have come up good as new (I have the older model of this exact Ryobi)
how long did it take you? I'm sure it'll work just take 3x as long - I guess it also depends how large a space you're cleaning. A hot tub pad is a relatively small area.

Everything I've read said 3k psi and 4gpm is the sweet spot for concrete, assuming you're doing a large area like a driveway. Again, I'm no expert nor experienced it. YMMV, I guess.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3378 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
sixsix wrote: Will it be too powerful a the car wash?
i was my car with a 2000 PSI pressure washer so this should be fine.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2016
1031 posts
858 upvotes
GTA, ontario
hvc wrote: https://www.lowes.ca/product/electric-p ... her-795430 also at Rona I believe.

I picked this one up, ends up being $20 cheaper (~20%) after the $10 off email.
The $10 off email doesn't work with this deal. So only $10 cheaper.
***edit*** So sorry, I'm wrong, it does work! So it is $20 cheaper.
Last edited by thank89you on May 14th, 2020 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
buy BTC + hold BTC (cold storage pls) = relax
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1023 posts
460 upvotes
I have an 1800 PSI Karcher and from my experience it's fine to use for washing a car and cleaning a deck, but it struggles with stain and paint removal from a deck. At $98 I think this is a great deal, but manage your expectations.
Nov 22, 2007
302 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Confused between the 2 kobalts and ryobi now. Anyone can chime in?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6027 posts
2140 upvotes
Thanks OP, was just telling my dad I wanted a pressure washer so this is a great entry-level unit for me.
Apr 6, 2008
295 posts
142 upvotes
Ajax
Got the lowes one... 20 dollar cheaper is a no brainer... Here is a 10 dollar offs if anyone want to use them (was waiting on disposable emails to come in):
LLP-002149558
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2016
1031 posts
858 upvotes
GTA, ontario
gtirsmiley wrote: Am I missing something? Isn't the kobalt a better option?
To me it is. Basically the same specs. Only difference is warranty but who cares at this price. I bet trying to get service is a nightmare.
With the welcome email $10 code it is $20 cheaper than the HD ryobi unit.
Comes to $89.27 all in for me. I'm getting the Kobalt.
chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
buy BTC + hold BTC (cold storage pls) = relax
Oct 2, 2015
572 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
thank89you wrote: To me it is. Basically the same specs. Only difference is warranty but who cares at this price. I bet trying to get service is a nightmare.
With the welcome email $10 code it is $20 cheaper than the HD ryobi unit.
Comes to $89.27 all in for me. I'm getting the Kobalt.
That's what I figured too. The kobalt also seems to come with a foam cannon.

Purchased it with the 10$ off welcome code.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5780 posts
4069 upvotes
abhi wrote: Confused between the 2 kobalts and ryobi now. Anyone can chime in?
There's only 1 Kobalt, the second Kobalt you're referring to may be the old model that I don't think is sold any longer.

I went with the Kobalt, it's cheaper, has a (probably crappy) foam cannon, and likely performs similarly to the Ryobi.
Mar 9, 2020
309 posts
609 upvotes
I had already ordered the ryobi one when it was 148 for online order but it hasn't shipped yet (expecting a baby any day so didn't want to do pickup). I don't see any chat option or anything else to get a price adjustment. am I blind? can I somehow get the deal without too much hassle?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5780 posts
4069 upvotes
fyrebug wrote: I had already ordered the ryobi one when it was 148 for online order but it hasn't shipped yet (expecting a baby any day so didn't want to do pickup). I don't see any chat option or anything else to get a price adjustment. am I blind? can I somehow get the deal without too much hassle?
Try calling?

Otherwise, if you can't cancel it just buy at $98 and return the full priced one when it arrives.
Apr 1, 2016
74 posts
48 upvotes
Just bought the Sun Joe spx3000 this week at $198 but it's still unopened. Mainly going to use it for car washes.

Any thoughts from people who have used them on whether I should return for this smaller less power ryobi?

I've already purchased a longer pressure washer hose, quick connect adapters, and foam cannon as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)