Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ryobi 1800 PSI Pressure washer $98

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 3:45 pm
Mar 14, 2006
110 posts
63 upvotes
I bought one of these last year.

The pump stopped working at the second use. It was after HD's return period, so the HD service desk sent me to a repair depot across town.

The repair depot said that they don't do pressure washers and sent me to another repair depot - another trip across town.

We called the repair depot at least 10 times over 3 months; first they had the authorization and were waiting for the pump, then they had the pump and were repairing it, then they were waiting for the pump, then they lost it - was it the yellow one, then they were sure it was ready. Each time they said they would call back, they never did.

We've given up on it.

We're also taking warranties on Ryobi products with a BIG grain of salt.

Considering this is HD's house brand, I think they could do better.
Jun 18, 2016
54 posts
11 upvotes
Did anyone get this power washer only to find it was missing two screws for the handle? Trying to figure out how to install it!
May 11, 2011
248 posts
181 upvotes
North York
Darnit... go dormant for a week and miss out on this... need a washer for the deck too. Crying Face
Sep 18, 2017
131 posts
100 upvotes
GVRD
Just visited the Coquitlam store this evening because online inventory listed 30 units in-stock.
When i got there, the shelf was empty.
What good is their online inventory when its so freakin' in accurate.
Someone told me that if it says 5 in stock, it probably means there's none.
I guess i shouldn't be surprised, I (and a lineup full of ppl) saw a crackhead walk out with a a box of Makita tools.
Alarms was going off and everything but the CSR was reluctant to do anything.
Same goes for the alerted security guard.
Maybe a drive to Abbotsford is in store.....41 in stock.
Jun 4, 2011
15 posts
Toronto
After 7 days I get a email stating the order has been cancelled. So pissed off as I should I have went to the store and bought it instead of order pick up. Has anyone seen this in any stores.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10423 posts
2613 upvotes
Scarberia
does HD charge ur cc first even when they dont pick ur order? lowe's is scummy, my cc been charged and posted already and no pickup or cancellation emails yet
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 4, 2011
15 posts
Toronto
HD charged my CC and then got cancellation notice and refund the money. I was so excited to get this as to power wash the siding of the house. Anyone out there who has one that want to sell there let me know.
Nov 29, 2015
380 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sorry for the knob question - but what size of a garden hose do I need: is 3/8 going to be fine?

Thanks,
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5702 posts
1855 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Something else I feel I should mention is that it might be advantageous to upgrade and adapt the hose to use guns and accessories that use M22 - 14mm and/or 3/8 threaded hoses format rather than the basic M22 - 15mm that most electric washer use.
A hose like this
With adaptors like this with a female connector rather than a male one like this, sorry just couldn't find one but they are available, and you can get them in M22 - 14mm as well.
Or just buy a hose with M22 - 14mm connectors like this one.
And a 14mm to 15mm like this to connect it to your pressure washer.
Then you can use better quality guns and accessories that people with gas machines enjoy, and if you opt for a pressure washer hose a 100 feet long or so you could keep the washer in your garage or what have you and only have to bring out the hose with handle to use it. The 3/8 threaded hoses can also be used on a hose reel.
The thing nice about the quick disconnect is that it swivels and that eliminates both fatigue and your line tangling if not completely then at least not as much.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5702 posts
1855 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Ah, this is what you want found one on princess auto. 1/4 in. https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8390973e
This simply goes onto the 3/8 threaded nptf hose, couldn't find one on amazon. The M22 14 and 15mm quick connect 1/4" swivel connectors can be found on amazon though. You can go with 3/8" rather than 1/4 if you wish also.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Oct 13, 2008
651 posts
379 upvotes
Mississauga
Used the Pressure Washer today and was able to easily remove moss gathered between interlocking bricks and also was able to restore the bricks to its original state. Hopefully it lasts longer than most others. My garden hose was old hence was leaking at the joint to the PW.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10423 posts
2613 upvotes
Scarberia
ot: where can i get a cheap water hose reel mounts that hook up to stone siding of the house? my hose is just lieing there like a mess! thx
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jul 3, 2017
63 posts
23 upvotes
MintMentos wrote: Just visited the Coquitlam store this evening because online inventory listed 30 units in-stock.
When i got there, the shelf was empty.
What good is their online inventory when its so freakin' in accurate.
Someone told me that if it says 5 in stock, it probably means there's none.
I guess i shouldn't be surprised, I (and a lineup full of ppl) saw a crackhead walk out with a a box of Makita tools.
Alarms was going off and everything but the CSR was reluctant to do anything.
Same goes for the alerted security guard.
Maybe a drive to Abbotsford is in store.....41 in stock.
I went to Poco HD to get a curbside pickup, according to the stock on their system there were 30+. I also went to Coquitlam, thinking that they had 5 in stock, but it isn't true.

Used it, and I am pretty satisfied with it, especially the small form factor. ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4480 posts
278 upvotes
Been over a week and no email indicating pick up but CC was charged. If they are going to cancel it they may as well do so rather than hold my money hostage.
Sep 18, 2017
131 posts
100 upvotes
GVRD
OK. Thanks for letting me know.
Have you tried cleaning the sidewalk or concrete with it?
Agreed, like the small footprint of the unit too.