Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ryobi 18v 4pack of batteries -YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 2:20 am
[OP]
Jul 16, 2012
256 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Home Depot] Ryobi 18v 4pack of batteries -YMMV

Good chance to pick up some extra batteries. When I searched using the Etobicoke South location in the GTA, packs available for delivery as well as in store pickup. Maybe even split a pack with someone. Approx $20 a battery is pretty good IMO

*Update* Home delivery option now shows as "Temporarily Unavailable"
Last edited by OasisUK on Aug 5th, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
27 replies
Jul 14, 2010
101 posts
152 upvotes
Montreal
That's a good price, every time I check it seems they've over $100 for this.

The other alternative is to fall right into Ryobi's trap and buy a tool on sale that includes a battery. You end up getting the battery for "free" but you get another Ryobi tool and doom yourself to being a Ryobi user for the rest of your life.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12280 posts
6066 upvotes
$137 in wpg. There ok batteries but the bigger ones are much better. I have 2 of these and with the weed eater they dont last long at all but the bigger version last 3 times longer almost.

Also home depot out here doesnt seem to have any of these deals posted on RFD what a shame in a way but then again i saved over a grand because i would of bought 1 of everything posted lol.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26971 posts
11404 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I see $110 until i change to etobicoke south
I would buy one at $20.50 but i don't need 4. That said i have no one to split the cost with who uses these
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1901 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
stjonnypopo wrote: That's a good price, every time I check it seems they've over $100 for this.

The other alternative is to fall right into Ryobi's trap and buy a tool on sale that includes a battery. You end up getting the battery for "free" but you get another Ryobi tool and doom yourself to being a Ryobi user for the rest of your life.
Are Ryobi tools subpar compared to other brands?
I'm using their 40v mower and trimmer, and having good experience with them so far.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1560 posts
540 upvotes
b33f wrote: Are Ryobi tools subpar compared to other brands?
I'm using their 40v mower and trimmer, and having good experience with them so far.
They're generally fine for homeowners who use them occasionally. Pros who use them every day probably appreciate the better reliability and battery tech of the higher-end brands like Ridgid, Milwaukee, Hilti, etc.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1934 upvotes
Vancouver
stjonnypopo wrote: That's a good price, every time I check it seems they've over $100 for this.

You mean the trap of a property ecosystem, like everyone other battery powered too manufacturer? Gillette and everyone other razor manufacturer? Apple products? ;-)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20742 posts
14212 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
HaZaRd wrote: They're generally fine for homeowners who use them occasionally. Pros who use them every day probably appreciate the better reliability and battery tech of the higher-end brands like Ridgid, Milwaukee, Hilti, etc.
They do make the occasional unique tool at a good price however. A good case in point is their cordless glue gun - https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.one- ... 22812.html. According to one review I saw, it's a darn good tool considering the price and the uniqueness of the product.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14765 posts
2520 upvotes
Toronto
This deal seems to be available online with free shipping. Just change your store location to Toronto.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1682 posts
1172 upvotes
Toronto
b33f wrote: Are Ryobi tools subpar compared to other brands?
I have a set of 18v drill driver and impact driver. I stop using them since I bought myself a set of 12v Milwaukee fuel drill driver and impact driver. Milwaukee are much lighter and batteries last much longer.

But I also got the ryobi impact wrench and 2 arctic cove water misting fans that uses these batteries. These batteries will be good if you were one of the rfder that bought the tool only impact wrench at $35.

Cheers
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6178 posts
620 upvotes
Quebec
ryobi battery warranty is 3 years if you don't register with ryobi. even then, you have to go to tools rental, fill up a form and wait till you get approved and sent a replacement.

i expected immediate exchange because it is their house brand like ridgid..
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26971 posts
11404 upvotes
Socially Distanced
fakishan wrote: ryobi battery warranty is 3 years if you don't register with ryobi.
What is the warranty if you do register?
[OP]
Jul 16, 2012
256 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Ship to home option now shows as Temporarily Unavailable. Still lists 14 at Etobicoke South location
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4136 posts
2388 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Quentin5 wrote: What is the warranty if you do register?
I was told that if you register the battery along with a valid receipt, then the 3 years is relative to the purchase date. An unregistered battery would be considered in accordance with the manufactured date on the battery.

Not sure how valid this is as I haven't needed to actually request a replacement (fingers crossed).
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26971 posts
11404 upvotes
Socially Distanced
deals46 wrote: I was told that if you register the battery along with a valid receipt, then the 3 years is relative to the purchase date. An unregistered battery would be considered in accordance with the manufactured date on the battery.

Not sure how valid this is as I haven't needed to actually request a replacement (fingers crossed).
Thats silly unless you lose your receipt. I was hoping it was like Rigid, 3 years with receipt but lifetime if registered.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3610 posts
894 upvotes
North York
I am in for one if someone wants to split
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20742 posts
14212 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fakishan wrote: ryobi battery warranty is 3 years if you don't register with ryobi. even then, you have to go to tools rental, fill up a form and wait till you get approved and sent a replacement.

i expected immediate exchange because it is their house brand like ridgid..
Ridgid doesn't have an immediate exchange once the battery gets older. According to many stories on the 'net, sometimes you need to wait 6 months or more and you have to go to a service centre.
Jul 29, 2016
336 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
I bought one set and can split with anyone PM me. I am in Richmond Hill area, near 16th and Bayview. Thanks.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10801 posts
3345 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'll wait for the 2 pack 4Ah to go back down to $120, better packs overall