Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ryobi 18V 5pc cordless combo kit ($119)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2019 5:15 pm
Dec 28, 2012
527 posts
355 upvotes
OTTAWA
fruzmatik wrote: This was $149 at Orleans location.
Ended up getting the 3 piece brushless set with 2.0/3.0a batteries instead for $170.
Do you have a link for this? was it in store clearance?

Im interested in brushless setup

*Edit

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001134608

This one?
Last edited by millsthrills on May 24th, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2452 posts
2092 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dude this is hot deal

I have the drill and hammer drill already, very light use. I think I paid around $119 when it was a sale many years back
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Oct 30, 2012
173 posts
92 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
minguione78 wrote: Nice! Will pick up today. Thanks!
These tools are obsolete with the introduction of the Brushless variant. I have a new Driver/Impact tool kit (non-brushless) with batteries that I'm having trouble selling for cheap.
Feb 7, 2017
293 posts
124 upvotes
I was waiting for the 6pc combo to go on sale. This is so tempting.
Sep 2, 2007
195 posts
115 upvotes
Wow great deal... I think I bought a similar Ryobi set (without the impact driver) at around $200 on sale not too long ago, were my first set of power tools.
Having them really gets me motivated to do projects I've had on my mind for a long time.

Worked perfectly for every project I've done so far and being cordless with 2 sets of batteries I've had no issues with power either.
Always looking to expand my 18v Ryobi set whenever I see deals now.
Last edited by RedruM7 on May 24th, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2006 posts
983 upvotes
Ottawa
Also dont forget the $5 coupon for signing up to the newsletter lol...I totally did :/
Feb 2, 2010
728 posts
536 upvotes
Cambridge
abrahamdick wrote: These tools are obsolete with the introduction of the Brushless variant. I have a new Driver/Impact tool kit (non-brushless) with batteries that I'm having trouble selling for cheap.
I wouldn't say obsolete, they may have been replaced in the Ryobi lineup, but they'll still give you years of quality service for an astounding price.
Apr 2, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
Saw this earlier this month at $79.60 in Calgary.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1751 posts
637 upvotes
Montreal
MoDealz wrote: Damn just got the dewalt on promo at reno depot. It's a better drill but I also need a saw... Dilemma dilemma
The Dewalt XR brushless tools (meant for professionals and contractors) are in a complete different league than this Ryobi set (meant for the occasional DIY project).
Buy what you need.
May 23, 2019
5 posts
9 upvotes
Thank you. I called this morning St-Jerome store. The guy told me that they have 9 in their inventory but he couldn't find them. He said he will call me back. He called me and found them. He was very surprised of their prices. I asked him to reserve one kit for me. Within half hour I was there. I asked for him. An other employee told me that there us nobody if that name... ??? He asked me why? I told him he was supposed to keep me a kit of tools. He didn't ask my name. He gave me my box and when I asked do you gave more? He answered by a question where did you get the price? We didn't know the price of that... I told him I saw it on a the web... I thing that the employee keep the others units for him and his friends... What should I do? I think employees couldn't do that but I understand everybody wants the deals...
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12305 posts
6214 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Tapout123 wrote: I wouldn't say obsolete, they may have been replaced in the Ryobi lineup, but they'll still give you years of quality service for an astounding price.
Agree, for the few number of times I use my RFD’d Ryobi tools as a DIY homeowner, it wouldn’t be worth upgrading to brushless. They work fine.
Oct 30, 2012
173 posts
92 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
FredC2870 wrote: Thank you. I called this morning St-Jerome store. The guy told me that they have 9 in their inventory but he couldn't find them. He said he will call me back. He called me and found them. He was very surprised of their prices. I asked him to reserve one kit for me. Within half hour I was there. I asked for him. An other employee told me that there us nobody if that name... ??? He asked me why? I told him he was supposed to keep me a kit of tools. He didn't ask my name. He gave me my box and when I asked do you gave more? He answered by a question where did you get the price? We didn't know the price of that... I told him I saw it on a the web... I thing that the employee keep the others units for him and his friends... What should I do? I think employees couldn't do that but I understand everybody wants the deals...
More likely to sell on Kijiji than for his friends.
Nov 24, 2012
919 posts
703 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
hovercraft wrote: Bought a very similar set about 12 years ago when I bought my house...when I bought it was an older version of Ryobi One +. Obviously replaced those NiCad batteries with Lithium ones eventually (caught a good deal on RFD). They didn't make the older tools obsolete - they kept everything compatible.
This is one of the real strengths of the Ryobi line. I also have a kit from years ago; being able to update the batteries and carry on with the same tools is very nice. Of course, it does make it harder to justify buying into the current deals.

[RfD effect kicks in]

You know, it would make sense to have a set on the main floor as well as in the basement...
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1130 posts
1092 upvotes
GTA
Any score in GTA? Thanks.
Zoomer Wireless $40.50/6GB unlimited minute plan;
Public Mobile $15 unlimited incoming call;
Fido $10 4GB LTE data/Month plan