• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2019 2:49 pm
[OP]
Dec 22, 2017
11 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa

[Home Depot] Ryobi 18V drill + impact driver + charger + 2x 1Ah battery for $88

I just purchased this drill and driver combo online and thought I'd share it with others. Do you think it's a good deal?

They also have a Milwaukee set at 38% off - https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1000535182
12 replies
Nov 24, 2015
686 posts
450 upvotes
Durham Region
this is already in the black friday thread
Mar 17, 2015
342 posts
455 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Thanks OP. Not all of us look at the BF thread. A deal is a deal.

As to your question, I've been happy with all the Ryobi products I've purchased & used for last ten+ years. Batteries are slightly under powered but for average diy stuff should be fine. Can always upgrade batteries later. As reference, I invested in both Ryobi & Ridgid products but had I started with Ryobi, likely would never have gotten into ridgid. Both are great IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5466 posts
2361 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
This is hot!
Just the battery and charger itself is more than that.

Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Nov 29th, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Nov 17, 2003
114 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone think that impact driver could be used to change car tires?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5413 posts
1008 upvotes
cryptobrian wrote: Anyone think that impact driver could be used to change car tires?
not happily - it is the wrong tool for the job

you need an impact wrench for that
not an impact driver
Dec 14, 2012
40 posts
11 upvotes
EDMONTON
Just purchased with the bit set.
I was thinking of changing car tire too. I can manually break the nuts loose using a breaker bat, then use the driver to spin them?

I am thinking of returning the set if it cannot be used this way.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7130 posts
642 upvotes
Toronto
windenchanter wrote: Just purchased with the bit set.
I was thinking of changing car tire too. I can manually break the nuts loose using a breaker bat, then use the driver to spin them?

I am thinking of returning the set if it cannot be used this way.
That shouldn't be a problem
Aug 14, 2018
237 posts
219 upvotes
GTA
this is a good buy :) finally something i can waste money on. and justify it.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:
Jan 15, 2016
235 posts
167 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
cryptobrian wrote: Anyone think that impact driver could be used to change car tires?
Used a dewalt 20v impact to change a set just this season. Breaker bar didnt even get used hehe
Jun 29, 2016
713 posts
296 upvotes
Got this today. I wanted to give it a shot, if I didn't like it I will return.
So I kind of like it and I will keep it. The M18 is a better build, lighter but pricier.
It is heavier than I wanted, plasticky, but it is $88 for the drill + driver, charger and 2 batteries. With a 3 year warranty.
For my needs it should be fine, but they should make it a bit lighter and less bulky. The driver seems a bit lighter than the drill.
Too bad no deal on the fuel.
Overall I think it is a very decent deal considering the drill alone (w charger and 2 batteries) is $10 less and the best deal I found so far on a drill w 2 batteries was the B&D at CT for $81.
Btw props to HD. I wanted to get the price difference on the Husky workbench, but I lost the receipt. They found it and reimbursed no hassle.